Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 22:47   #31
Starshine
SleepyMod

Starshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond reputeStarshine has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Starshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternal View Post
Small Server (Unpopulated) Good Points:

1.) With a smaller server, you're going to find it easier to level (alone) because there wont be so many people at all the mob spawns, nor will there be so many Archers zooming around KS'ing (kill stealing) everything.

2.) With a smaller server, you're less likely to run into a constant stream of PK'ers who've nothing better to do, infact, you're more likely to find a group of nice players who've been playing a while and are willing to help you out if you need it.

3.) With a smaller server, you'll always be able to log on, and will have a much higher FPS due to the fact that less people are playing on that server.

Small Server (Unpopulated) Bad Points:

1.) With a smaller server, you're not going to meet too many people during the time you play the game, certainly not until you reach the higher levels, so if you're a social player, you'll find yourself getting rather lonely.

2.) With a smaller server, you're most likely going to be paying more for items, because less of that item will be around to buy in the first place, thus making everything a whole lot rarer.

Medium Server (Populated) Good Points:

1.) With a medium server, you're going to find it a little harder to level (alone) due to the fact that it's more populated than a smaller server, but this also means that there are more players who may be willing to help you level in the first place.

2.) With a medium server, you're going to run into a few more "nasty" players, again, because it's a more populated server, but you'll also run into more nice players, too, and nice guilds. Should you join one of these guilds, your fellow guildies (guild members) will be more likely to help you in the event that you meet a PK'er (player killer).

3.) With a medium server, you'll still be more likely to log on than on a large server, and the FPS will still be relatively high, because it's still not that populated.

Medium Server (Populated) Bad Points:

1.) With a medium server, you're far more likely to meet PK'ers (player killers) than on a smaller server, as with a higher population comes more of the "nasties" that you don't want to meet while playing. You'll also encounter more KS'ing (kill stealing) due to the fact that, again, there are more players playing.

2.) With a medium server, you're still going to be paying more for items than on a large server, because while there are more players, there are still not too many, so items that aren't necessarily rare on a large server may still be rare on a medium server.

Large Server (Over Populated) Good Points:

1.) With a large server, you're going to find it hard to level (alone) because there are just far too many people playing at any one time, but you're also going to find it relatively easy to find a player, or group of players, who are willing to help you level up. Most of the time, you'll find atleast one person if you look around.

2.) With a large server, you're bound to run into many "nasty" players, but at the same time, large servers generally hold the largest amount of nice players, too, and nice, helpful guilds. You'll be able to find a newbie guild quite easily and then you'll receive all the benefits of having a nice family to play with. This is also great if you're a social player, as there are so many people to meet and play with on a large server.

3.) With a large server, you're going to be paying a lot less for items of all kinds, because there will be far more of them floating around the market in the first place. The more items there are, the lower the price. Although this doesn't always hold true, as there are so many more players on a large server.

Large Server (Over Populated) Bad Points:

1.) With a large server, you're almost certain to run into PK'ers (player killers) and KS'ers (kill stealers) a lot during the time you play the game, even from a very early level, where there's little you can do to defend yourself. This can make levelling up very costly, and a real bother. (Always carry a teleport scroll!)

2.) With a large server, you'll find it very hard to log in at peak playing times due to the fact that there are so many more people playing on a large server, than say a medium or even small server. This will also lower your FPS dramatically, especially, again, at peak playing times.

--

Hope that helps with your guide, Starshine. I may be new to this game, but I've played many in the past.
This is exactly what I needed... I've copied your post to create a separate new thread to get some feedback on it. It will be linked to my 101 guide for newbies. Thanks very much! ^.^ Link to the thread is:

http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthread.php?t=432122

Starshine -- Level 124 Fire Tao (All spells fixed - Heading for 130 now!)
Psyche -- Level 130->129 Water->Warrior
xxGemZ0xx -- Level 110->130 Water->Archer
ScYlLa -- Level 110->117 Water->Water
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2007, 04:44   #32
TheEternal

TheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
This is exactly what I needed... I've copied your post to create a separate new thread to get some feedback on it. It will be linked to my 101 guide for newbies. Thanks very much! ^.^ Link to the thread is:

http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthread.php?t=432122
Glad to be of help.

I was wondering why I had made a new thread... that I didn't remember making! Haha.
TheEternal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2007, 09:49   #33
Kitsu
~P.R.O.~

Kitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond reputeKitsu has a reputation beyond repute
Yay!! Finally stickied!! After you finish this off, move the relevant stuff to the front and leave the spam/discussions to the back... OR just get rid of the stuff that isn't relevant and lock the thread. Probably first one better... I know some kids'll complain about losing posts lol.

<3 Friends ~ Gemini server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
There are more "Kitsu's" out there
http://bbs.co.91.com/showthread.php?t=616722 <-- When your Db disapears to a bug... what does TQ do??? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HELPFUL cos anything that screws up... ISN'T IN OUR LOGS While we're at it we'll also accuse you of trying to scam customer retention FTW
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2007, 10:29   #34
TheEternal

TheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond reputeTheEternal has a reputation beyond repute
Making money's vital for a low level to survive. Without money, you can't buy equipment or potions, and without potions, you can't level up.

Should throw a mention to BI (BirdIsland aka ReedIsland) and picking up the various piles of gold/items that are scattered across the floor. It's also a good way of finding pieces of equipment to use. Make note not to bring any cash/items in your inventory, though, as you'll most likely die a few times while collecting drops. Store occasionally at the BI (BirdIsland) WH (warehouse) so that you don't die, dropping everything you've collected thus far.

Being able to afford more potions means you can move on faster to the stronger monsters, which in most cases (red names, and some black) give much more EXP than other (white name) monsters.

Also, pick your weapon carefully. Gaining random % in weapon proficiency will be bad later on, when you'll fail to be able to wear your next level's weapon. Pick one weapon that you like the look of, and stick to it. Different weapons have different skills later on, and themselves work differently. If you prefer attacking fast, maybe you'll use a one-handed Sword, but if you prefer attacking hard, perhaps a two-handed weapon will suit you better. Less speed, but much greater strength. Click here for a decent guide on the majority of weapons for the melee classes. (Thanks to Zonita)
TheEternal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-24-2008, 17:35   #35
-Rikka-
Wate Tao

-Rikka- is a splendid one to behold-Rikka- is a splendid one to behold-Rikka- is a splendid one to behold-Rikka- is a splendid one to behold-Rikka- is a splendid one to behold-Rikka- is a splendid one to behold
Cool

Quote:

Have Faith In What You Do and The Light Of Success Will Come Before You

Be Friendly To Others As Others Will Be Friends To You And You Will Shine With Friendship And Companionships

-Rikka- is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-02-2008, 19:08   #36
~T0M~V2
Banned

~T0M~V2 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~V2 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~V2 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~V2 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~V2 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~V2 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~V2 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~V2 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~V2 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~V2 has a reputation beyond repute~T0M~V2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rikka- View Post
Cool
HOLY ****
non rb lvl 93 water with full super 2soc??? O.O
~T0M~V2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-07-2008, 15:13   #37
crsmithss

crsmithss is on a distinguished road
Yeah man I had that problem on my first file.. I spent like 3 months on getting him to levl 95 and then I was killing apes for metors and I dropped an item and got put in bot jail. I was so mad and then I emailed a conquer gm, waited a month then said screw it and paid the dbs. A week later it happened again and I had no idea what I was doing wrong. So I thought the game was just stupid. And now I'm back .. Anyways I never found out what I got put in bot jail for until one day I was bored so I looked it up.

Anyways Nice guide for the newbies just coming to conquer ..

-BillaBong

Server: Honor
crsmithss is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-15-2008, 19:06   #38
rambo619
The Owner

rambo619 has a reputation beyond reputerambo619 has a reputation beyond reputerambo619 has a reputation beyond reputerambo619 has a reputation beyond reputerambo619 has a reputation beyond reputerambo619 has a reputation beyond reputerambo619 has a reputation beyond reputerambo619 has a reputation beyond reputerambo619 has a reputation beyond reputerambo619 has a reputation beyond reputerambo619 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoidB*tch View Post
Yah, I've made new chars out of boredom and amazingly got PK'd quite a bit, to include by some of my friends and guild mates that didn't know it was me on the "secret" guildless char.
Hahahhaah, man. Nice Sig. I hope to get one that good eventually :P

If you Rep me I will Rep you back!
(If you Message me telling me you did)
rambo619 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-2008, 17:11   #39
IncredibleDream
nightmare

IncredibleDream is on a distinguished road
ok im totally new d/led and started to play but am missin all kinds of buttons and not sure what i need to do ive looked all over the forum and cant find anything that seems to be like the problem im havin Can someone help me ??
Old 12-21-2008, 23:01   #40
crazymawmaw

crazymawmaw is on a distinguished road
quest

where can u find out what quest u are doing if u forgot whick one u were doing.
crazymawmaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-22-2008, 03:14   #41
Weatherwax
BashShell

Weatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond reputeWeatherwax has a reputation beyond repute
If you are talking about the equipment quests, have you tried asking your trainer?
Weatherwax is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2009, 14:53   #42
nestle014

nestle014 is on a distinguished road
all newbies should use bot who has a user friendly interface cause TQ is blind just because majority of bot users are those damn bulkers which supports TQ .. and in everything you do WISH YOUR LUCK when the unexpected bug occurs in your char and your not a bulker.. YOUR DOOMED, they wont entertain you, leaving your post unanswered for weeks (just like me)

Daigunder troj L117(just lost its beginner's pack due to some unexpected bug)

Server: Water
nestle014 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2009, 15:08   #43
Blue~
Keel

Blue~ has a reputation beyond reputeBlue~ has a reputation beyond reputeBlue~ has a reputation beyond reputeBlue~ has a reputation beyond reputeBlue~ has a reputation beyond reputeBlue~ has a reputation beyond reputeBlue~ has a reputation beyond reputeBlue~ has a reputation beyond reputeBlue~ has a reputation beyond reputeBlue~ has a reputation beyond reputeBlue~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestle014 View Post
all newbies should use bot who has a user friendly interface cause TQ is blind just because majority of bot users are those damn bulkers which supports TQ .. and in everything you do WISH YOUR LUCK when the unexpected bug occurs in your char and your not a bulker.. YOUR DOOMED, they wont entertain you, leaving your post unanswered for weeks (just like me)

Daigunder troj L117(just lost its beginner's pack due to some unexpected bug)

Server: Water
if you see a bulker botting then record it or ask someone to do it, they can be sent to botjail n have to pay to get out.. after i think 4 times their account will get banned
gms dont look in the forums, when you post a bug its the players/mods that answer and help you, not the gms
130-130-130

-Chris-
Non RB Arch
-QUIT CO-
-Playing Aion on server Perento-
Blue~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2009, 06:16   #44
Toraz
On Furyee

Toraz has a reputation beyond reputeToraz has a reputation beyond reputeToraz has a reputation beyond reputeToraz has a reputation beyond reputeToraz has a reputation beyond reputeToraz has a reputation beyond reputeToraz has a reputation beyond reputeToraz has a reputation beyond reputeToraz has a reputation beyond reputeToraz has a reputation beyond reputeToraz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue~ View Post
if you see a bulker botting then record it or ask someone to do it, they can be sent to botjail n have to pay to get out.. after i think 4 times their account will get banned
gms dont look in the forums, when you post a bug its the players/mods that answer and help you, not the gms
Banned on the 3rd time now

I have a thread in Tips and Hints at the top (Stickied) on getting all setup to vid botters. I put 25 of them in Botjail in one week with none rejected.
Hubby of Sonya

Tazor
130 Tro >130 War >110+ Tro
Fixed Club Proficiency

Now playing on a Wonderful Online World.
Toraz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2009, 12:34   #45
MireilleDarc

MireilleDarc is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to MireilleDarc
Newbie 101 All new

Hi everyone

Im trying to set up a local php environment. So far, I have installed PHP, Apache, and MySQL successfully I think. Now I want to install myPHPAdmin but having some trouble.

The installation guide says to copy the files to the Apache document root. BUT how do I know where this is? Every forum Ive checked has a different answer and none of them seem to agree with my current folder setup. Is there any good guides/tutorials out there?

I think once I get myPHPAdmin up and running I should be all set. I am having quite a hard time using the Terminal command-line type of entry system.

Thanks,
Matt
MireilleDarc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: