Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-24-2015, 05:42   #31
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konker2020 View Post
Sadly I don't believe this for a second. Why? Because in October last year I sent an email from my VIP 7 account with only the account name and registered email address of an account I lost, saying that I forgot the rest of the info(which I had) and I had not logged in for over a year. 2 days later I had the password. No questions asked, just an email to reset the password, and later one to reset the security information. Now (if I still played) I have a perfect character in terms of chi for the upcoming Fire update, or with 5k worth of Jiang pills it will be perfect anyway(It's already full Ultra just unlinked)
Usually, it won't happen unless you can provide some information like history passwords or possible security info, or maybe the TQ Codes you've credited to that account. I don't think we give out account info before we can be sure that the player is the real owner. Or if possible, can you please PM me your char name and server, as well as the email you used to submit the ticket?
Old 03-24-2015, 12:52   #32
HEARMERAWR!!

HEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyZ View Post
Usually, it won't happen unless you can provide some information like history passwords or possible security info, or maybe the TQ Codes you've credited to that account. I don't think we give out account info before we can be sure that the player is the real owner. Or if possible, can you please PM me your char name and server, as well as the email you used to submit the ticket?
How about instead of worrying about that random post you help get cheekys stuff back, you can just run an IP trace and see it wasnt him logging in. The guys dedicated a lot of time to this community you guys owe him.

Get him his stuff, he deserves it.

Cinderella->Snow white ->Hanging Gardens->Emerald->Snow white

HEARMERAWR!!-Pure Monk.
HEARMERAWR!! is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2015, 15:33   #33
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEARMERAWR!! View Post
How about instead of worrying about that random post you help get cheekys stuff back, you can just run an IP trace and see it wasnt him logging in. The guys dedicated a lot of time to this community you guys owe him.

Get him his stuff, he deserves it.
It's not like they can make gear to the exact data type he lost and give it to him.. OH WAIT THEY CAN. I don't think he'd even be mad if you guys made it bound. Just saying.

Someone I know got hacked awhile back and instead of returning his account to how it was they gave him what the scammer had left that wasn't sold or transferred whatever happened to it.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2015, 15:48   #34
HEARMERAWR!!

HEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond reputeHEARMERAWR!! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
It's not like they can make gear to the exact data type he lost and give it to him.. OH WAIT THEY CAN.
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut its TQ so it will never happen, but they could easily do it.

HEARMERAWR!!-Pure Monk.
Old 03-24-2015, 16:25   #35
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I don't think he'd even be mad if you guys made it bound. Just saying.
Bound would be good - hackers can't do anything with it.

Plus, it's been the same character for over 10 years - I was never going to move the gears to another one anyway.
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2015, 20:30   #36
thehempknight
Your Ruler

thehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond reputethehempknight has a reputation beyond repute
Assumptions....
Assumptions everywhere.....
s
m

I hate it when it drips like that....

Official Unofficial NonMember of the BACONEERS!!!!11eleven

There's no point for democracy when ignorance is celebrated.

The saline from your tear ducts energizes my ego.
thehempknight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2015, 21:18   #37
HEARMERAWR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
Assumptions....
If his story is true that he hasnt logged it in a year and he came back and all his stuff is gone then he deserves to get it back.

HEARMERAWR!!-Pure Monk.
Old 03-24-2015, 21:37   #38
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
If his story is true that he hasnt logged it in a year and he came back and all his stuff is gone then he deserves to get it back.
Tis true.

Though, not deserve... but it'd be nice
Old 03-24-2015, 21:40   #39
I.punch.bishes
Bishes :D

I.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond reputeI.punch.bishes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post
Tis true.

Though, not deserve... but it'd be nice
Honest opinion, do not come back. Do what you were doing during this break and keep moving ahead. Don't find another MMORPG to substitute for Conquer.

AHorriblePlayer

Aim not to miss
I.punch.bishes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2015, 00:04   #40
Returning
Retired.

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehempknight View Post
Assumptions....
I posted 0 assumptions 100% facts. You can get his gear back, if not his you can easily make him a bound set of the exact stats.
Old 03-25-2015, 00:30   #41
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I posted 0 assumptions 100% facts. You can get his gear back, if not his you can easily make him a bound set of the exact stats.
Oh yea? Do u have facts that show that it was not his fault? Can u show that he did not just sell the acc?
Hemp is right u only argue based only assumptions and an unproven claim of a random guy that told us a story. Do u even know for sure that the OP and this guy are not the same Person?

Lol "0 % assumptions".
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2015, 00:46   #42
CindyZ
Super Moderator

CindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond reputeCindyZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
How can you make sure that he didn't give out his account info to others, or even sold the account? That's why we need to prove his ownership before we can do anything about his gears, and that's why we made a rule that tickets should be submitted within 10 days. BTW, to be honest, do most of you guys really got hacked ever if you don't share your account info with anyone else?
I am not aiming at anybody, just saying a fact.
Old 03-25-2015, 00:55   #43
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
BTW, to be honest, do most of you guys really got hacked ever if you don't share your account info with anyone else?
That's a question. Not a fact.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:14   #44
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

I suppose you couldn't prove I didn't sell the account. I could provide TQ bank statements? haha.

But seriously... why would I sell my account of over 10 years, which I spent literally hours back in the good old days leveling to 130 in the TG, fixing phoenix and penetration etc. Too much sentimental value and effort into the character (even without jiang or chi) to sell it.

Besides, I think from 10 years of positive contribution in this community I am of proven character and trustworthiness. Has anyone ever seen a post from me where I've lost my anger, or swore at someone or whatever? (I know, this is the internet and it doesn't really mean anything - but much of the community has seen me around here for years. I am not some random guy.)

If they know who hacked me, and just need proof that I am the original owner of the account before they do something (if they want to do anything), then I can provide screenshots (hundreds) from the years 2008 onwards. I can provide full security information. I can email them from the my current registered email, the one before that, and the one before that which I probably signed the account up with. I have history passwords. I can provide receipts of DB purchases. I can provide account details of all my other associated accounts - trade partners etc. I've even recorded some of my lotto runs with which items I won.

Anyway, I don't really care if I don't get gear back. Of course, it would be nice, simply cause I'd like to have something there to play around with if I log in. But at the end of the day it's just a game, so whatever. However, I am still curious as to how my account got compromised. If there was a tiny, careless mistake years ago which I can't even remember, then so be it. My fault. But I can't think of anything at all. It's the knowledge that I'm interested in most.

I'm not here to point fingers. My post was just to let you guys know what happened and to say a farewell of sorts, since I know that many of you know me. If it was a mistake (mine or otherwise), then it was a mistake, no big deal. I'd just like to know.

Thanks everyone (most of you) for your support... I guess we should just leave this to the GM's though. Cindy is aware and I am sure she will be doing her best to help me.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:49   #45
Returning
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
Oh yea? Do u have facts that show that it was not his fault? Can u show that he did not just sell the acc?
Hemp is right u only argue based only assumptions and an unproven claim of a random guy that told us a story. Do u even know for sure that the OP and this guy are not the same Person?

Lol "0 % assumptions".
What point are you arguing against me about? I simply stated they can get the gear back or if it's been too long like in this situation it seems to have been they can make a bound set. I also stated that in a case of a friend of mine instead of getting his gear back knowing that he did in fact get it stolen they gave him gear the guy had that had not been transferred /sold instead of his own.

So it's likely they can check the IP he used a few days ago to see if it's been playing these past few months or to see if he's logged a char that has been in access as the one who logged and took his stuff. And the fact of the matter is if someone bought his gear I doubt he'd report it as hacked months later and tq should not be worried about the person who bought his stuff out of game as that's a banable offense anyway. So once again what I said is 100% legit.

Quote:
How can you make sure that he didn't give out his account info to others, or even sold the account? That's why we need to prove his ownership before we can do anything about his gears, and that's why we made a rule that tickets should be submitted within 10 days. BTW, to be honest, do most of you guys really got hacked ever if you don't share your account info with anyone else?
Read my above post. Second part

Last edited by thehempknight; 03-25-2015 at 17:05.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: