Old 07-02-2011, 03:02   #1
CornFlakes:o
Désolé

CornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond repute
um....

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeling21 View Post
Just see someone's suggestion about disconnection issue in other thread:
"If it disconnects, try to uninstall Chrome and remove pluggins on firefox"
You could go to have a try to see whether it helps or not.
what would happen if you remove pluggins on firefox o___o??? isn't that bad @__@ -eats chip-
CornFlakes:o is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-02-2011, 03:17   #2
Angerkev

Angerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond reputeAngerkev has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFlakes:o View Post
what would happen if you remove pluggins on firefox o___o??? isn't that bad @__@ -eats chip-

Sureley some plug-ins are optional, i used to have a spellchecker plugin and a customisable one (greasemonkey) etc. Perhaps they mean those.

Also, i fail to see how your browser plugins can interfere with CO.

i solved my disconnect issues by turning my outer off for an hour then back on :P
Angerkev is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-02-2011, 03:24   #3
Désolé

CornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond reputeCornFlakes:o has a reputation beyond repute
my lag decreased alot by simply not running youtube videos since the plugin would use up so much memory
Old 07-02-2011, 05:55   #4
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerkev View Post
Also, i fail to see how your browser plugins can interfere with CO.
unless those plugins disconnect ur internet connection they simply cannot affect the co connection.
same goes for all those disconnect by the browser theories.

the only thing that can cause disconnects is when ur internet upload or download stream is at 100% already causing that some packets from/to the co server can get lost or not transmitted in time.

filesharing programs are a good example of this since the upload speed is usually much lower than the download speed and due to the nature of those programs u can easily exhaust ur whole upload stream with those.

if u arent the only one that uses the connection and u know that ur buddies like to use fileshare programs then u should look if ur router support packet prioritization. with this u can make sure that packets of games are always sent before packets of other programs like for filesharing.

also antivirus or firewall programs can cause disconnects.

Quote:
my lag decreased alot by simply not running youtube videos since the plugin would use up so much memory
i assume that u mean fps drops by saying lag. then ur pc must be really old, the 100-300 mb that the adobe flashplayers needs is nothing anymore nowadays.

its also no reason for a disconnect
Let the hate flow through you.
Computer Scientist

Last edited by Deathclaw; 07-02-2011 at 06:04.
Deathclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-02-2011, 06:35   #5
Désolé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
i assume that u mean fps drops by saying lag. then ur pc must be really old, the 100-300 mb that the adobe flashplayers needs is nothing anymore nowadays.

its also no reason for a disconnect
w7 2010 o.o

firefox uses 96k and the plug-in uses 53k

conquer can go from like 50k-100k @-@
Old 07-02-2011, 06:39   #6
HateBreed
/k/rambo

HateBreed has a reputation beyond reputeHateBreed has a reputation beyond reputeHateBreed has a reputation beyond reputeHateBreed has a reputation beyond reputeHateBreed has a reputation beyond reputeHateBreed has a reputation beyond reputeHateBreed has a reputation beyond reputeHateBreed has a reputation beyond reputeHateBreed has a reputation beyond reputeHateBreed has a reputation beyond reputeHateBreed has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly, firefox and other plugins on it should not affect your gameplay or internet speed AT ALL. Unless of course you have really bad connection and a bad provider. My internet isn't too good, I'd say a little lower than average and I run firefox, MSN, Conquer and many other programs that connect to the internet and send packets through constantly and I haven't had any lag problems with CO.
Scepter/Blade
Greatwall since '04[/size]
HateBreed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-02-2011, 06:48   #7
Désolé

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateBreed View Post
Honestly, firefox and other plugins on it should not affect your gameplay or internet speed AT ALL. Unless of course you have really bad connection and a bad provider. My internet isn't too good, I'd say a little lower than average and I run firefox, MSN, Conquer and many other programs that connect to the internet and send packets through constantly and I haven't had any lag problems with CO.
@_@ i always have 75 ping with 40fpgs when not running firefox with 2 clients, until i walk through market then i lag like hell T_T damn commies

i think i just fried my laptop a long time ago never should have watched that movie

any chance its just a virus O.O?
Old 07-04-2011, 13:38   #8
Tartaruga

Tartaruga has a reputation beyond reputeTartaruga has a reputation beyond reputeTartaruga has a reputation beyond reputeTartaruga has a reputation beyond reputeTartaruga has a reputation beyond reputeTartaruga has a reputation beyond reputeTartaruga has a reputation beyond reputeTartaruga has a reputation beyond reputeTartaruga has a reputation beyond reputeTartaruga has a reputation beyond reputeTartaruga has a reputation beyond repute
Why not try not using your browser whilst playing Conquer?
Class: Archer 0-RB Level:138+95.465%
Guild: -|ÐiscipleS|-
Clan: -YouGotServed-

Marcus Antonius:
And Caesar's spirit, raging for revenge, With Ate by his side come hot from hell, Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war, That this foul deed shall smell above the earth With carrion men, groaning for burial.
Julius Caesar Act 3, scene 1
Tartaruga is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2011, 16:16   #9
Korvacs2.0
Banned

Korvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
In regard to your youtube comment its more likely that the amount of bandwidth that a video consumes while streaming from youtube is making Conquer lag, not the fact that your watching a video, or using up memory..
Korvacs2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-04-2011, 23:59   #10
Désolé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs2.0 View Post
In regard to your youtube comment its more likely that the amount of bandwidth that a video consumes while streaming from youtube is making Conquer lag, not the fact that your watching a video, or using up memory..
what is a bandwidth O.o
Old 07-05-2011, 01:13   #11
Korvacs2.0
Banned

Korvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond reputeKorvacs2.0 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
what is a bandwidth O.o
Imagine a pipe that water flows through, bandwidth is the amount of water you can get flowing through the tube at a given time. So if your using all your bandwidth with youtube, other packets of data will struggle to go through because you cant fit them into the pipe....

Youtube streams at anywhere from 1Mbps+, 720p for me streams at 6Mbps, this figure is variable given your isp's cap on your connection, so if you have have a 50Mbps connection youtube will use alot more since its available.

Hope this sort of helps..im not great at explaining things
Old 07-05-2011, 01:44   #12
Deathclaw
Soon™

Deathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond reputeDeathclaw has a reputation beyond repute
this image is slightly off, it would mean that u could send several packets at the same time if u dont use ur whole bandwidth. its good for explaining electric current and stuff but not for this.

a better image would be an band-conveyor with packets on it and bandwidth is simply the speed of the conveyor. on one side are u and u are waiting for those packets and on the other side are some workers that are putting the packets that u need on the conveyor. if there is a really fast worker(youtube) that can put packets so fast on the conveyor so that the other workers( the co server maybe) cannot put their own packets on it since there is simply no space anymore on the line as long as the youtube worker keeps up with this speed.

now you are using 100% of ur bandwidth but u almost get only youtube packets. so it could happen that u dont get the packets of the co server worker in time, which happens when u disconnect. they will still arrive anytime, but then its too late and u simply throw the packet away.
Computer Scientist

Last edited by Deathclaw; 07-05-2011 at 01:48.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:01   #13
Korvacs2.0
Banned

Actually Deathclaw, you can send thousands of packets at the same time. Your image suggests that. It also appears to suggest that if a server is faster at servicing packets then it would automatically consume all of your bandwidth which in itself is entirely inaccurate, and no where close to reality, you also dont take into consideration the size of the packets, or the number of packets being sent.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:29   #14
Deathclaw
Soon™

yea i guessed that such a post would come.

unless u changed the physics of our universe u still cannot send more than one digital information over 1 line at the same time.
and im not talking about at the same second but the exact same time. the transfer is so fast so that it might seem to be parallel for you if you have several programs that send packets at the same time. yet in reality they are always sent one after another by your network card/router.

most computer users think that everything in our computer is processed parallely since it all seems to happen at the same time( running douzens of programs ) yet in reality only one command of one programm is processed at exactly the same time( single core cpu).

Quote:
Your image suggests that. It also appears to suggest that if a server is faster at servicing packets then it would automatically consume all of your bandwidth which in itself is entirely inaccurate
really? i said that the server consumes almost all of the bandwidth then. single other packets might still pass but prolly not the ones u are waiting for.
it is inaccurate? wow, this argument was part of your image aswell.

Quote:
, and no where close to reality, you also dont take into consideration the size of the packets, or the number of packets being sent.
it doesnt? of course you cannot put packets beside each other. in reality the packets need of course the whole space in width direction of the conveyor( otherwise u had a parallel transfer again) but can have a different length, i didnt mention this because it doesnt matter for this image.

how does the number of packets matter anyways? as long as the worker keeps on putting packets on the conveyor he obviously still has packets left.

if you still dont believe me then i recommend that u read some basic tutorials about how packets are sent in networks.
Computer Scientist
Old 07-05-2011, 04:15   #15
Korvacs2.0
Banned

Of course you can send more than 1 digital signal down 1 line at the same time - multiplexing anyone? (although strictly speaking it becomes 1 signal, this 1 signal can be made up of many many signals - hence why the cables running all over the world arnt grouped into a bundle the size of the channel tunnel to move between exchanges).

Not sure why a debate about bandwidth has come down to pseudo-realtime/realtime discussions but apparently you've never heard of pseudo-realtime where by all packets are sent at the same time (despite the fact that the are actually sent one after anouther, it gives the appearence of sending them all at the same time).

And no you didnt actually say that, you said that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
if there is a really fast worker(youtube) that can put packets so fast on the conveyor so that the other workers( the co server maybe) cannot put their own packets on it since there is simply no space anymore on the line as long as the youtube worker keeps up with this speed.
Implying that if your connected to a fast webserver it floods the connection because it can, completely inaccurate.

Eh this is getting ridiculous, my example is just fine and works well for this, yours is just madness.

Last edited by Korvacs2.0; 07-05-2011 at 04:24.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: