Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-11-2015, 05:18   #16
Kachun

Kachun is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitasLTL View Post
So you are running around with full super bound, some soc, +2/+4 gears and crap chi/jiang hu. Now what?
Champion arena and treasure in the blue, even losing provides a plus stone every few days.

And there is hunting..
Kachun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2015, 06:04   #17
PsAiKoW
ʍoʞıɐsd

PsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond reputePsAiKoW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTY~XII View Post
By late 2004 there was already loads of full 2soc archers.
Define loads
In 2004 i think having full 1-sock was already an achievement cuz u could only get socks with luck during upgrading in tc.. Except weapons.

was 2sock gear even possible from the start of the game or was it added in 2.0?
Transition from 1.0 to 2.0 was also in 2004 i think..
Old 08-11-2015, 08:15   #18
Mucle
MathGenius

Mucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond reputeMucle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsAiKoW View Post
Define loads
In 2004 i think having full 1-sock was already an achievement cuz u could only get socks with luck during upgrading in tc.. Except weapons.

was 2sock gear even possible from the start of the game or was it added in 2.0?
Transition from 1.0 to 2.0 was also in 2004 i think..
no that was possible super +8 2sock was the thing.

Char-collector

Dark
130-130-140 Wat-DW-DW (Princess)**
130-130-140 Nin-War-Fire** (Retired)
130-130-140 Pure-Water(Melee)

130-130-140 Pure-Water**
130-130-140 Pure Monk**
130-130-140 Wat-War-Nin**
130-130-140 Wat-War-Tro** (Retired)
130-133-129 Nin-War-Fire** (Retired)
130-130-140 Nin-War-Water** (Retired)

** = Fixed Jiang
Mucle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2015, 09:59   #19
Promethean

Promethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond reputePromethean has a reputation beyond repute
Also need to get a subscription to a VPN, leatrix, ******** forum account, a decent aimbot and edited CO file with minimum of speedhax, autopot, disable range check and fps unlocker.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:42   #20
~*panda*~
Community's Choice

~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*panda*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancerx View Post
wtf 2006.

had full 2soc archer end of 2004, plus the corresponding full 2soc rainys.

full 1soc in 2006 aint badass, let alone elites.

mostly "new" people are the ones who played the game at some point and wants to play again. therefore has roughly a good idea what it takes to be relevant here.

and new ones, im pretty sure have friends who are willing to sell them cheap gears/chars, else starting from scratch as people pointed out, is almost impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTY~XII View Post
By late 2004 there was already loads of full 2soc archers.
Bull, back then people with 2 socket equipment were well known. The first 2 soc item was only seen around early '05. Because there was no lucky time, the chances of it happening were atrociously low. A 2 socket item was extremely rare, let alone a full set. I played on Eagle so I'm well aware of when stuff happened.

1 socket items were the ones you showed off with, +6 being the upper echelons of +'s with some +8's by heavy bulkers.

You're obviously thinking at the wrong period.

Conquer was only officially fully released at november '04 and you say there were already full 2 soc set archers.
~*panda*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2015, 10:59   #21
fist of nod

fist of nod is on a distinguished road
lol I would not start playing this game now and wish i never started.

I remember getting a 2 soc normal Tao hat to complete a full set. and making it +5 as there were no + stones then.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:06   #22
sundancerx

sundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*panda*~ View Post
Bull, back then people with 2 socket equipment were well known. The first 2 soc item was only seen around early '05. Because there was no lucky time, the chances of it happening were atrociously low. A 2 socket item was extremely rare, let alone a full set. I played on Eagle so I'm well aware of when stuff happened.

1 socket items were the ones you showed off with, +6 being the upper echelons of +'s with some +8's by heavy bulkers.

You're obviously thinking at the wrong period.

Conquer was only officially fully released at november '04 and you say there were already full 2 soc set archers.
maybe i miscalculated it, but i stopped playing june /july 2005. so latest maybe early 2005 got full 2soc archer.

and yeah was first full 2soc in my server.

i only made 2 2soc items, 1 heavy ring (made without me knowing about it until people started congratulating me and another attack ring (using dbs elite to super). my friend made 2soc armor in the market trying to make uniq 1 soc to elite.

the rest via trade. you trade for 2soc with 4 1soc supers. all 2soc rainbow gears were traded or bought.

there no was +8 at the time, someone with +6 2handers was famous then for a long time.

i dunno abt fully released but im pretty sure i started may/june 2004 (look at my forum date) and i joined forum late).

played 16hrs a day for like 8-9 months and made full 2soc archer:P
Old 08-11-2015, 13:13   #23
weapon11

weapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond repute
i didn't get full 2 socket til sometime after lotto came out. I got a good reminder of what it was like when i came to classic after it started and happily spent small fortune to make gears. was super+4 1 socket for a long time on a tro and felt beastly til i ran into the first full 2 socket trojan i had seen and he mopped the floor with me. i was happy back in the days of full elites/supers though. think tokidoki sold her car i heard to go full 2 socket back in the day. phade or vorb might be able to confirm that if they are still on here. good times anyways wall of text is over.
weapon11 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2015, 13:59   #24
Returning
ComServant

Returning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond reputeReturning has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachun View Post
Champion arena and treasure in the blue, even losing provides a plus stone every few days.

And there is hunting..
The hunting with the terrible drop rates? As well as hunting use to be worth something back in the day when everyone's gear was relatively +6 or lower. Not to mention about 5 +1's back in the day got you a DB or just about. Either way starting now, not paying anything would take you 2 years minimum to epic your jiang, roll decent jiang. Somehow get +12 2 socs since you can't exactly buy 2 socs with champ points or dbs for that matter. Not to mention super bulking patches that are coming with 3.0 "Build your guard" Inb4 having to +12 everything on it or get destroyed, and the upgrading weapons patch and whatever else is coming. I'd say 3 years minimal if you play everyday.
Returning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2015, 21:08   #25
FiascoJackson

FiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond reputeFiascoJackson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning View Post
The hunting with the terrible drop rates? As well as hunting use to be worth something back in the day when everyone's gear was relatively +6 or lower. Not to mention about 5 +1's back in the day got you a DB or just about. Either way starting now, not paying anything would take you 2 years minimum to epic your jiang, roll decent jiang. Somehow get +12 2 socs since you can't exactly buy 2 socs with champ points or dbs for that matter. Not to mention super bulking patches that are coming with 3.0 "Build your guard" Inb4 having to +12 everything on it or get destroyed, and the upgrading weapons patch and whatever else is coming. I'd say 3 years minimal if you play everyday.
Yes, spot on. Archers were actually valuable as you could earn something decent. Also, mining, blue mouse and moonbox farming were all possible. Now they're all dead due to botters and TQs incompetence at dealing with botters.

I only continue to play conquer because my initial investment and it's open world PVP (unique PVP jump system). But, most of these things are fading imo. The unique jump system isn't that cool anymore since the skills are so easy. Even my initial investment isn't worth much anymore, 2k USD worth of gear is slightly above average now, not even competitive for top 8. You need a whole team of people now, not even just one good set. Only good thing in recent times has been the release of DW, as I think it actually brings a skillful set to conquer. But, besides that, it's been a constant downhill slope. Wayyyyy too many systems and gear required to have fun. You're shut out of the competition if you're a free player or even a low paying player. Anyway, I've practically moved onto private servers and f2p skill games (check out Hattrick) .
Old 08-11-2015, 23:03   #26
Rxin
Super Moderator

Rxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, it is more difficult for new players to follow up nowadays. Do you have any suggestions about that? We can try find a solution.
Rxin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2015, 23:48   #27
LitasLTL

LitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond reputeLitasLTL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxin View Post
Yes, it is more difficult for new players to follow up nowadays. Do you have any suggestions about that? We can try find a solution.
I dont know if its even possible, but how about creating a forum section where people could write their suggestions, and other forum users could vote for them. And if any suggestion would be good some forum super mod could forward it to designers or someone. You could call it suggestions forum. And for easier navigation it could have sub sections like "recomended by mods", "Pending suggestions", "Aproved suggestions", "Completed suggestions" and "Denied suggestions". What do you guys think?

Sorry, couldnt resist

Playing free to play - free to win game "count to 50 before mod posts". Rxin and trunks006 are the bestest.
LitasLTL is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2015, 00:01   #28
weapon11

weapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond reputeweapon11 has a reputation beyond repute
suggestion: tq just needs to cool it for a while. we don't need a guard we have to gear or new patches for a while. most people haven't finished jiang, almost nobody has full oranges if anyone in chi. every time we start to bulk chi tq release something new to stop us from it. we have enough on our plate right now. they need to just fix tao epic they messed up, fix the back button, finish the epic cycle and then worry about more money making schemes. drilling the players for every penny they have is just gonna cause frustration and cause more people to quit and i don't see new people starting this game with all this money needed. don't mean to sound rude as it's not your fault but they really need to lay off a bit.
weapon11 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2015, 00:41   #29
Rxin
Super Moderator

Rxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond reputeRxin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitasLTL View Post
I dont know if its even possible, but how about creating a forum section where people could write their suggestions, and other forum users could vote for them. And if any suggestion would be good some forum super mod could forward it to designers or someone. You could call it suggestions forum. And for easier navigation it could have sub sections like "recomended by mods", "Pending suggestions", "Aproved suggestions", "Completed suggestions" and "Denied suggestions". What do you guys think?

Sorry, couldnt resist
We actually collect suggestions when we check out forum, currently there is not a suggestion section, but if you have any idea, you can post a thread and we can discuss, we will forward good suggestions to our staff.

Edit: Sorry that I made a mistake about the suggestion section, there is one, you can post threads there or just discusse here in community forum, there will be moderator checking them.

Last edited by Rxin; 08-12-2015 at 20:58.
Rxin is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2015, 01:10   #30
sundancerx

sundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond reputesundancerx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxin View Post
bp based server?
all princes/kings will be in the same server :P

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: