View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 11:23   #22
Linxx
Lin Wang

Linxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond reputeLinxx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himie View Post
I'm not that stupid but seriously I don't know what happened one day I came back from playing Brawl with some friends, turn on the computer but the boot screen would suddenly mutate into a blue screen and restart the computer I'm like WTF o_O the cycle never ended it would always do the same so I tried recovery console to try and fix the boot files, could login and enjoy my laptop again, few days later its time to restart it but suddenly I would get "Cannot find boot record. press any key to continue", go back to recovery console mess with it again keep getting the message, decide to back up everything using parted magic live cuz I wanted to format but it would say Disk C: 0% used disk is empty or corrupted *eye twitch twitch twitch* ...............................*long sad disturbing silence while my eye keeps twitching*........................................ ... desperately go find my old ubuntu 7.10 live installer CD to see if it can find my disk but not even ubuntu live would find it D: tried everything but ended up formatting D:

It was sad... really sad of all that 500gb I had of anime I probably only watched 300gb~ I blame everything on recovery console!! I decided never to mess with it again.
For the future.. if you ever have to format again, install the smallest operating system you've got and use any data recovery program (reads data off hard drive not from it's FAT table)... the scanning takes long, but you should be able to recover most of data.

PS: Thnx for "How to become a computer expert" guide

Last edited by Linxx; 10-21-2009 at 11:27.
Linxx is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook