View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 03:35   #2297
DETONATOAREA
Female

DETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond reputeDETONATOAREA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanad View Post
I'm sure there are some happy people out there that like the same things you do ones who'd be happy to compete as long as it makes both of you better

Befriending miserable people so you feel better about yourself sucks
Wait, wait, wait, pull the brakes.
Do you think I befriended them just to feel better about myself? Nope.
One of them has been my classmate for 7 years. Basically, we grew up together, only that we weren't exactly neighbors but we lived pretty close, until she moved to the USA. She and 2 other people understand me, and I try to help them out too, with ideas to problems if with anything, we support each other reciprocally, which is all the 3 of us want from anyone. Not physical support like most people expect.
They have enough money to do almost what they want with it, but one has health problems that are for life, one has a severe case of anxiety - all thanks to his mom and a bunch of wannabe "perfect" citizens who are being asses towards him for not being the prettiest guy around, and one is in constant struggle with finding time to actually relax while going to college, having annoying roommates, and not enough time for his hobbies, and his mother is just as much of a PITA as mine, but at least he can stay away from home during the week, when he goes to college.

What I don't have? Money, cleverness to find a job without getting screwed over again when it comes to payment, and I cannot be confident because I am too clumsy and prefer to say the truth about what I know. Oh yeah, and I'm also not good on the beauty levels, mainly because I prefer to not wear makeup at all, to steer away from people appreciating me for what I am instead of what I do. But for that I've got my motto: "Did I hurt you? I'm sorry. Do I displease you? Good."

Happy people, as you call them, are not Polyannas, they have their miserable parts of life somewhere too, but they pretend they don't have them. Why? Because people can backstab them with it, so they keep their suffering a secret. It is those happy people who crack down and commit suicide once it all gathers up. Why? Because they cannot tell anyone, for fear of getting ridiculed. Then people say: "But he/she was such a happy person... No one expected it." And I'm talking about genuine nice people here.

Then there are the douches who may be truly happy, but at the expense of others and not giving a **** about anyone - plenty of these around. Those who play people and who screw you over for the sake of fun, but people probably want to hang around them because they may be rich or have power... which isn't worth putting up with their ****, even if they pay for stuff you can't afford. Rather not accept help than be humiliated.

I don't remember who said this, can't find any clue on Google, but:
Quote:
Show me one happy man and I'll show you a flaw.
Sapphire/Emerald: Silver-Hawk arch-war-arch 130-130-132 (INACTIVE)
Arkoto tro-war-nin 130-130-128 (INACTIVE)
Thanks to Loviatar for the dragon avatar.
My novel on deviant art:
Alien Ride

Last edited by DETONATOAREA; 11-24-2014 at 05:23.
DETONATOAREA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook