Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 04:24   #8
Arronax
Swarley

Arronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggy~V.18 View Post
*psst* Buddha isn't a god. Buddha was actually the guy who set up Buddhism, and first began teaching it. So he was Buddhist, just like how priests are Christian, and rabbis are Jewish.

Buddha wasn't actually his name though, but I didn't know that 'til I verified what I already knew on Wikipedia. Which was that Buddhism doesn't gave a 'god' as such.

'in some streams of Mahayana Buddhism Gautama Buddha is worshipped as 'an omnipotent divinity endowed with numerous supernatural attributes and qualities' ~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism

Even though it's obvious that I wasn't paying much attention to what I was writing in my previous post, I'll stick by it and pretend that it was those certain streams of mahayana buddhism I was talking about.

Arronax is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook