View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 01:58   #1
ChaosDealer73
Heh.

ChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond reputeChaosDealer73 has a reputation beyond repute
Windows 7 Help/FAQ Thread

Windows 7 Help Thread
Conquer Online does NOT support Windows 7. Use at your own risk! This thread is to help users, if possible!

Hello! This is to help people that have problems with the new version of Windows, Windows 7. Some users might find ways around the problems and this will be the place to help out other users.

If you have any problems or questions, please post here. As problems are solved, we will update this list so that you can easily find the answers if they exist.

PLEASE remember that Windows 7 is a new version of the Windows operating system and therefore not completely compatible with our software. There WILL be bugs with compatibility and you should have known that when you installed the operating system. Please do not get angry or frustrated, as CO was not made for Windows 7 and it will take some time before it is all squared away.

As per usual, there will be no spamming tolerated.

Hi guys, after the 5180 patch, some of the players still reported that they cannot play CO on win7. Fortunately, a warm-hearted player provided us a solution. So I wanna share it with all the players here. Please note that it might not work for all the palyers. Just hope it does some help.
Go to the CO2 folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Conquer 2.0\zftqat
DELETE the file TQAT.exe
Copy the file NOTEPAD.exe from C:\Windows
Paste it to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Conquer 2.0\zftqat
Rename it now to TQAT.exe
(This lets CO fine the TQAT program but its not the same one so it does not execute the Anti-Trojan that crashes win7)
(Now CO2 Runs but lagss TERRIBLY BAD, the following fixed this)

2. Freeware Download
Download and install the program CCleaner from:
http://www.ccleaner.com
After installation run the REGISTRY "Scan for Issue" and let it fix all errors it finds.
As long as you have it, it's not a bad idea to clean the temp files too, but I do not think it's necessary.

I thought this was free but I forgot I bought the program PC Pitstop Optimize3 (My mistake saying earlier it was free, sorry)
After installation run this program and allow it to fix all optimizations and registry fixes.

Reboot your PC
I now play daily with Win7 and no lag.

Last edited by ChaosDealer73; 01-04-2010 at 22:53.
ChaosDealer73 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook