View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 11:29   #1
Drixt
Banned

Drixt has a reputation beyond reputeDrixt has a reputation beyond reputeDrixt has a reputation beyond reputeDrixt has a reputation beyond reputeDrixt has a reputation beyond reputeDrixt has a reputation beyond reputeDrixt has a reputation beyond reputeDrixt has a reputation beyond reputeDrixt has a reputation beyond reputeDrixt has a reputation beyond reputeDrixt has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Drixt Send a message via Yahoo to Drixt
Lightbulb Play CO even where you're not supposed to.

I have devised a way to play behind restrictive firewalls, use at your own risk.

If your internet is blocked too severely, you will need to get some .exe files from somewhere else and install them on the restricted comps.

You need 3 programs :
Conquer and its patches
YourFreedom (registration required)
FreeCap

1- Install them.
note : if your access is so limited that you cant install programs, forget about doing any of this, you just cannot play CO from that network/comp.

2- Run YourFreedom.
Fairly simple, pick a server near you, configure. I use a US server. In the "Server Connection" tab I use the default protocol, which is https and where it says "Port" under "Address" you have port 443.
If it's not there just type it in. Save your changes and connect.
You will know you are connected properly when you see the program Icon as an opened door, with no "?" on it.
note : for further assistance with YourFreedom (troubleshooting, limitations), read the site or google it.

3- Run FreeCap.
Very easy. Click "File">"Settings". Make sure that "SOCKSv5" is checked. In "Default Proxy">"Server" type in "localhost" and "Port" 1080.

4- Drag you CO shortcut into the FreeCap window.

5- Run it.

You might get a couple logging-in failures, but keep trying and you'll get in.

Enjoy and don't get caught!

edit : I will be doing Dis City from work at 3pm e.s.t. today

Last edited by Drixt; 09-14-2007 at 09:08. Reason: Title change
Drixt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook