Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 20:03   #374
Buddah*Palm
RubMyBelly

Buddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 View Post
Let me know if this is right.

To you, heaven isn't a place where good people go, it's best described as a place where 'bad' people don't go. So long as you're not bad, like a murderer, then you go to heaven.

If you were God, this is how you would do it?
If you want a better depiction of hell, read The Divine Comedy (Preferably the section, "Inferno")

I'd elaborate more on what I have to say on religion, but all I'll say is this:

Religion is an age old system that does nothing more than perpetuate self-inflicted punishment for committing "sins" which can be loosely described as arbitrary and downright retarded. Take for instance, the Judeo-Christian religion which equates all sin as punishable by death (a second death mind you).

Basically, telling a white lie would be equal to having murdered an infant by chopping it into pieces and jerking off with its blood (Pardon the semi-graphic description, but that's basically what type of mindset we're dealing with). Now if the guy who did such horrendous acts to a child "truly repented/felt sorry his actions," he would be blameless in the eyes of God and allowed to reside in heaven forever. If the guy who told white lies died without asking for forgiveness - he has a first-class ticket on the HellBound Express (keep in mind, there are NO SECOND CHANCES).

So not only are you threatened with the idea of an eternity in hell, but overall the punishment doesn't suit the crime. So you'll have people rubbing rosaries and recanting "Hail Marys" on the off chance that they may be going to hell for something that they may have said rather than what they have done. You pretty much then have a system where people live life in fear of what's to come, rather than living the lives they could/should be living.

It's ridiculous but that's about it really. Not to mention the fact that there is not true historical record of the man Jesus during the time period in which he supposedly lived in. The miracles that are ascribed to him are also considered a part of mythology adapted from various other "messiahs" (i.e. Horus; an Egyptian god and many others) all of whom were reported to have healed the sick, cured the blind, died in public, and rose from the dead (zombies?)

Now you've just seen an example based on one religion - one of the popular ones btw. There are also many branches/denominations within Christianity because they all believe/interpret the Bible differently. Remember that there are other countless religions including Islam, Judism, Hinduism, Buddhism (which is an ideology - but whatever...) and many other lesser known religions due to them being tribal-based ones.

Now the real question is this. Which one do you choose to ascribe to? Because if you choose the wrong one, you're going to hell. And of course, after choosing what you think is "right" for you remember that they'll all preach how the other religions are WRONG anyways. (That's something to think about)

Like I said, I'd like to elaborate but I'd rather not piss on too many shoes while on the forums...not yet at least.

TL;DR: Former "Jesus Freak" believes that Religion is BULL****.

Accounts:
xero-nin : 120 (trojan) - 120 (trojan) BANNED [Unjustly IMO]
Buddah: 110 (water) - 127 (warrior) - 130 (trojan) Active
Dark: 126 (archer) - 48 (trojan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
Of course a newbie like you wouldn't be able to get an original simple name like Buddha, you would have to at least be playing the game for 3 years, not 1 or 2 like yourself.
Lmfao! learn to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
This is funny. I have a wannabe. Does that mean I'm famous?
Far from it brah.

Last edited by Buddah*Palm; 04-08-2010 at 20:20.
Buddah*Palm is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook