Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 19:34   #372
CheekyPunk27
JesusFreak

CheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond reputeCheekyPunk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arronax View Post
heh. In my opinion, both of your subjects should be sent to hell if there is such a place.
Then where is the line drawn?

Murdering millions will get you to hell, regardless of how much other good you do?
What about murdering thousands and doing good?
Or murdering hundreds and doing good?
Or murdering 10s and doing good?
Or only murdering one and doing good?

Where is this imaginary line?

Or are there some 'sins' that are just plain bad, and you go to hell irregardless of whatever good you've done?
So if someone when they're young and reckless, in their 20s, goes around murdering and raping, but then truly repents and spends the rest of his life trying to make up for it by doing good, he'll still go to hell?

What if they killed thousands, but then truly repent and spend the rest of their life trying to make up for it by doing good?

Again, where do you draw the line? Does their good make up for their bad?

Or are you saying that some sins have infinite weight on the scale of good and bad, so they can never be balanced by good works?

Quote:
In my opinion, your actions make up who you are. In my opinion, one shouldn't be affected by the "sin" of ones predecessors. In my opinion, a newborn baby is without sin. In my opinion, the default route for a baby that dies before "accepting god blahblahblah" should NOT bd going hell to suffer for all eternity.. just the thought of it disgusts me.
In my opinion, the idea of inheriting sin is plain out ridiculous.
No one ever said dead babies go to hell. That's a strawman.

And you don't inherit sins of your forefathers. What we inherit is a state of being out of relationship with God.

Quote:
If someone is to be judged for anything, it's what they themselves have done in this life.
So where do you draw the line with someone who has done both terrible things, but also really great wonderful good things?

Quote:
In my opinion, believing in, and respecting a malevolent god such as the one you're talking about is unimaginable.
Only because you think you're better than people who commit murder and other 'terrible unforgiveable' sins. You're not as bad as them, are you?

Quote:
On a sidenote: I find it funny that people swear on the bible in courtrooms in some countries, amongst them america. I'm pretty sure the bible says something about not judging others? Wouldn't that make the entire legal system heresy?
Judging as in saying "you're a murderer/rapist, you're going to hell, I'm not like you, I'm better than you".

The legal system and government authorities, God says you should obey because he has allowed them to be in power, for all authority comes from Him.

But yeah, i think it's kinda stupid - it's lost it's meaning.
+12 Sword ~ +12 Dagger ~ SuperRidingCrop(+6)(Bound)
Since 2004 ~ Hacked Dec 2014 ~ RIP
CheekyPunk27 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook