Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 12:25   #367
Arronax
Swarley

Arronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond reputeArronax has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deveno View Post
Yes, I have read the Bible. I prefer the King James version, by and large, even though some of the wordings sound archaic, and a little forced. The newer translations just sound a little too "vernacular" (and perhaps that's the point).

I don't believe I ever made the assertion that I believe Christians are (or even should be) perfect. My point is there are many people who profess to be Christians, but don't seem to take their professed faith all that seriously. In light of this (and I am not meaning to say you yourself belong in this group), perhaps they should re-examine what their beliefs actually are. A little introspection can't hurt.

One of the more troubling aspects of Christianity is the concept of Grace. For example, according to Christian doctrine, if Adolph Hitler had made a sincere confession and repentence of his sins before he died, hey-he gets Heaven, too! There seems to be a conflict between the concepts of forgiveness and justice. Both forgiveness and justice seem like worthwhile things to believe in, and try to practice. I just don't see how you can have absolute justice and forgiveness at the same time.

To be a little more pointed about it, if one is using Jesus as a crutch to excuse their own shortcomings, I can't see that as a truly spiritual way of life.
*shoots random old people, pregnant women, babies and orphans on the street*

"GAWD I LuVZ YEEEWWWWW

CYA IN HEVEN LULZ"

*shoots self in face*

Original - God goes around pwning everyone he doesn't like, and their mother.

Expansionpack - PAOWWW CAREBEAR JEWZUZ enters the stage and suddenly the pwnage stops. Well, he does pwn himself (jesus is god, but god is also his father.. eerrrrr.. anyways, so god got crucified and died. OLOLOL) but that's sort of unrelated. Now, no matter who you are you can get into heaven, as long as you agree to be gods bitch.
A word of advice though; don't bend over in the shower.
Arronax is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook