View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 12:25   #12
noobie.com

noobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond reputenoobie.com has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimek View Post
I just downloaded patch manually, i used this and patch showed me right path(i dont know if you have installed version with files in registry, or just copied files from another installation) to my folder with conquer online(i used admin rights), that working atm i have patch 6960(i see this in version.dat).
Maybe for you helped another way, my was useful as well.
I did a complete reinstall: I deleted everything from TQ on computer - every file. Then did a normal reinstall. It patches up to the patch before the new release. Then I tried to manually patch the file into the path the patch gives in the path it automatically has selected which has to have a mistake in it since you see an "invalid filename" when running the patch enco_6960. Seeing that issue I ran as admin and it still came up. Then I decided to select the CO folder directly where TQ just put it on my computer and ran it again as admin and it worked. My thoughts are there is an error in the file path somewhere. That is probably why everyone can not get the auto patch to run correctly directly from the login and sees the update to new version etc. Maybe they released a couple of the patches and some got the good one yet the current one they list has a glitch I think in the path since everyone now choosing the folder directly and not using the auto file path it chooses is getting it to work. I am sure you are way more savy on computers then I am and are right. I am just saying if it is still failing choose the path manually to your CO folder you do not have to reinstall like I did.
Sapphire/Emerald/Ruby
noobie.com is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook