View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:55   #5
Jadagrail
Banned

Jadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond reputeJadagrail has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jadagrail
Most of the people in any classes I've been in generally failed miserably or just barely passed, with the exception of a handful who would would be in the 70-80% range, and then a few who would be in the high 90%'s because they put in extra effort or had eidetic memory, etc.

Generally speaking, everyone who wasn't in the high 90% area didn't care much, or put in the minimum effort they felt necessary to pass. There were a few who barely passed who were putting a lot of effort in, but simply struggled with the subject at hand, and there was always that one person in the 90%+ who seemed to never have to study, hence the eidetic memory comment.

In regards to what you said about their wasting time at "sucky jobs," work isn't always just about money. Going to school, working, partying, picking up hobbies, traveling the world, etc. are all part of an arduous process aimed towards "finding" oneself. They might work at those sucky jobs because at some point they wanted the experience, or because they felt it might lead them to become an astronaut, or because that girl happened to be cute.

Scholarships in America can depend on various factors. Grades come into play, but there are scholarships for damned near everything, since anyone can "grant" scholarships. (It's their money.)

Also, personally I lack(ed) motivation in school. Everything becomes boring to me. I have more interest in documentary channels and wikipedia than I do in a middle-aged man with unwashed hair droning on about the perspective of the universe from a super massive entity such as a black hole.

Actually, I'd probably find that interesting.
Jadagrail is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook