Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 09:38   #389
Buddah*Palm
RubMyBelly

Buddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond reputeBuddah*Palm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerri~v.2.1 View Post
And I wonder how accurate Divine Comedy would be considering religion. After all its a mans work depicting his ideas. As great as Dante might've been, its still colored by his imagination...
It's a great that you mentioned this. The actual portrayal of hell was never fully described in the Bible. Rather, in order to impress upon the masses at the time (during the middle ages ~ 1000AD) that they should follow Christianity, the Church at the time began preaching more about the damnation parts, and less about the actual saving grace factor that Jesus offered.

Dante pretty much took those ideas of a gruesome hell with demons and all forms of punishment and combined them with elements from the works of the The Odyssey and the Aeneid (Hence why it makes sense to read them in this order: Odyssey - Aeneid - Divine Comedy)

You're right to say that it's a man's interpretation of how hell should look, however, most of the depictions that we have of hell stemmed from his description. So if you're looking for a good summer reading selection, i'd recommend those works and of course some books in the Bible for comparison (on the description of hell -guess which one is more tame).

Accounts:
xero-nin : 120 (trojan) - 120 (trojan) BANNED [Unjustly IMO]
Buddah: 110 (water) - 127 (warrior) - 130 (trojan) Active
Dark: 126 (archer) - 48 (trojan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
Of course a newbie like you wouldn't be able to get an original simple name like Buddha, you would have to at least be playing the game for 3 years, not 1 or 2 like yourself.
Lmfao! learn to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate View Post
This is funny. I have a wannabe. Does that mean I'm famous?
Far from it brah.
Buddah*Palm is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook