View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 14:01   #66
heavens_fury
Banned

heavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond reputeheavens_fury has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killecesar View Post
I believe this is only true in the film. In the novel I think it was indeed Quickbeam, since you went onto a movie trivia website then it will support the movie version of the events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~panda~* View Post
true, quickbeam was the right answer however only pure fans (like me ) know about this.. tq should change it to treebeard for the sake of it
it's treebeard! lol go find it in the book

the two towers

book 2: chapter 4

Quote:
Speeding through the forest, Merry and Pippin stop to drink water from the Entwash River. Munching on some of their few remaining lembas cakes, they worry about their lack of food and supplies. To their surprise, Merry and Pippin are suddenly addressed by what appears to be a fourteen-foot-tall walking tree. The creature is an Ent, an ancient treelike creature, named Fangorn or Treebeard. He is kind to the hobbits, and he explains his history to them. Treebeard identifies himself as one of the oldest creatures in Middle-earth. He is the shepherd of the other trees in the forest, many of which are Ents like him. Fangorn offers to carry Merry and Pippin to his home and to give them food and drink. On the way, Fangorn provides information about the Ents and their history. Many trees in the forest are simply Ents that have fallen asleep, who must be roused to action by some stirring motivation. The Ents have lost their wives, as the Ent-wives wandered off one day long ago. As a consequence, there are no young Ents in the forest.

Last edited by heavens_fury; 05-23-2009 at 23:02.
heavens_fury is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook