View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 13:30   #45
inxs

inxs has a reputation beyond reputeinxs has a reputation beyond reputeinxs has a reputation beyond reputeinxs has a reputation beyond reputeinxs has a reputation beyond reputeinxs has a reputation beyond reputeinxs has a reputation beyond reputeinxs has a reputation beyond reputeinxs has a reputation beyond reputeinxs has a reputation beyond reputeinxs has a reputation beyond repute
If you are a vista user like me, you probably are logged on as a user, not administrator. Therefore, you aren't allowed to download the co patches manually to your co folder. Which means, you have to download the patches to another location, like desktop, then move the patch to your co folder. Even with co made an exception in resident shield on AVG, AVG will send you a message telling you a threat has been found the moment the patch download is done because its to your desktop, which is not an exception in AVG's resident shield. Autopatching doesn't give you this message because autopatching downloads straight to co folder. I don't like putting desktop in exceptions on resident shield so I get around this by downloading the patch to desktop and when the AVG threat message pops up, I let it stay there while I move the downloaded patch on my desktop to my co folder, then I click ignore on the threat message, not move to vault.
I hope this helps others with this problem.
inxs is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook