Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Community Forum (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wrong Password or Please Log In Later (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=735594)

MissMommy 12-14-2012 08:52

Wrong Password or Please Log In Later

These are the messages I get when I try to log in after the new patch last night. I tried it again today after downloading the patch manually and I get the same results.

I get the same result on a different server.

I can log into my account just fine when I go to customer service.

Is it the patch or am I the "loose nut behind the wheel" my brother-in-law claims that I am?

sundancerx 12-14-2012 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMommy (Post 11767155)

These are the messages I get when I try to log in after the new patch last night. I tried it again today after downloading the patch manually and I get the same results.

I get the same result on a different server.

I can log into my account just fine when I go to customer service.

Is it the patch or am I the "loose nut behind the wheel" my brother-in-law claims that I am?

have you tried completely exiting client and running it back?

MyThirdAccount 12-14-2012 12:42

Here's what I usually do. Re-type the password.

MissMommy 12-14-2012 13:27

I've exited the client and reloaded, re-booted the computer, tried different servers of different accounts, manually download and re-installed the patch. Same message every time!

Falling 12-14-2012 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount (Post 11767172)
Here's what I usually do. Re-type the password.

Are you serious? Isn't it plainly obvious by logging on another server OP attempted that? Step away from your hideously smug ego.

galinea213 12-15-2012 06:30

how about reinstalling the game? 'coz normally just re-typing the password of just waiting for a couple of minutes should just solve that error

MissMommy 12-16-2012 13:58

I have re-installed the game. I even defragged the computer before re-installing. I think it must be the patch. I submitted a ticket to TQ and they have responded. They say I can give them my password so they can test it and I can change the password afterwards.

That may be what I need to do but I'm going to wait to see what the next patch does. I'm a busy grandma during the holidays so I can deal without being able to play for a little while.

lipase 12-16-2012 14:13

hehe

MyThirdAccount 12-16-2012 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falling (Post 11767202)
Are you serious? Isn't it plainly obvious by logging on another server OP attempted that? Step away from your hideously smug ego.

I noticed that part later. This problem persists only temporarily for me so I assumed it'll be temporary for her too.

mistressyesumes 12-16-2012 15:42

It's not just you don't worry about it, just try about 6 times per login, TQ will fix it eventually.

Planes v1.0b 12-16-2012 16:51

Shouldn't be downloading **** that will get you keylogged.

thehempknight 12-17-2012 01:29

Yes, you should let them check the account for anything odd, though you don't need to tell them your password. They can reset it, themselves. Safety first!

MissMommy 12-17-2012 15:20

They tested the password and it worked for them, and I have set a new password. Another oddity, my browser stopped loading the page for this forum. To get in here to make an update, I used another browser.

It's starting to give me the creeps. I have a separate firewall program and anti-virus and I'm wondering if my firewall may be interfering.

:sigh: Oh well, one step at a time.

Mikeyy 12-17-2012 16:41

Problem: bad coding by Tq
Solution: uninstall games by Tq.

MissMommy 12-17-2012 23:25

I'm back on the game. I turned my attention to my firewall program. I'm still not sure if it was the problem but I ended up removing all applications settings from the firewall, un-installed conquer and deleted all conquer related files, ran a cleaner program, wiped the empty space, defragged, and downloaded a fresh copy of conquer.

Immediately I was able to login to this page but the login page for the game was not connecting to server. After awhile, I tried turning off the firewall and I got the game up, then I tried it with the firewall back on and I can still get the game up.

The program is sluggish in letting my type in my password, which use to happen alot and then it was gone. It's a pain in the butt to have to struggle to login but I sure am happy that I can.

I do have to admit that while I was not able to login, I knitted two wash cloths. I tell my kids, there is an advantage and dis-advantage to everything.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.