Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   CO: Mac Edition (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=347)
-   -   A few Important Points (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=716613)

Eurochic 04-08-2011 03:25

A few Important Points

Just a few important points:-
-If you***8217;re new to Conquer please take time to read the Forum Rules
-If new to the Forum your first few posts will have to approved by a Moderator, basically this is to catch the ad bots
-Your moderating team are Nicknac425 and I. Nicknac425 is your first point of contact on forum issues
-Moderators are volunteers not TQ Staff. We have no control over in-game issues, that is the GMs domain. We are here on the Forum to help if we can and to make your stay enjoyable.

A bit about me
I am not a Mac user or very technical so best to ask others on those points. Not sure about Nic***8217;s skills.
I have been playing Conquer since 2004 and still do to this day. I have been modding these forums for 5 years and am a Global Moderator. I am married with two grown up daughters and have been playing computer games since the beginning ie Pong in the 70s.

Nicknac425 04-08-2011 03:28

Ok - Bit about me too :)

I am not a mac user either, but do have the techy background, so I can try and help in that area a bit. I have been playing CO since 2006, still playing on Pharos. If anyone has any questions, feel free to post or PM.

PapaElf 04-08-2011 06:17

Guys im sure u two are very competent moderators, but wouldnt it be beneficial for us all to have atleast one moderator or a "technerd" who actually uses an apple on a daily basis. Since there are some differences between the two operating systems so im sure theres going to be alot of glitches and problems in general in the beginning.... So my suggestion is to add maybe a techsupport person besides u 2 to help us who dont understand anything at all about comps =)

Eurochic 04-08-2011 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaElf (Post 11510257)
Guys im sure u two are very competent moderators, but wouldnt it be beneficial for us all to have atleast one moderator or a "technerd" who actually uses an apple on a daily basis. Since there are some differences between the two operating systems so im sure theres going to be alot of glitches and problems in general in the beginning.... So my suggestion is to add maybe a techsupport person besides u 2 to help us who dont understand anything at all about comps =)

It is a fair point, however Mods are not chosen because of their techy skills and I am not sure if any of the moderating team uses a Mac. ReMind a GM was assisting earlier on technical questions.

I do understand the game and have reborns in every class. So once you have managed to install the game I should probably be able to assist you.

Nicknac425 is your local and I maintain a watching brief over all forums.

PapaElf 04-08-2011 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurochic (Post 11510267)
It is a fair point, however Mods are not chosen because of their techy skills and I am not sure if any of the moderating team uses a Mac. ReMind a GM was assisting earlier on technical questions.

I do understand the game and have reborns in every class. So once you have managed to install the game I should probably be able to assist you.

Nicknac425 is your local and I maintain a watching brief over all forums.

sounds good to me. i dont question ur guys' expertise when it comes to the game. but would be good for us to be able to ask questions to someone regarding the game and how it works around the mac os. but im sure someone with an apple heart is going to become active within the tech problems and questions ppl might have here. since we all know apple pwns windows ;)

LiVe~EviL 04-08-2011 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaElf (Post 11510405)
sounds good to me. i dont question ur guys' expertise when it comes to the game. but would be good for us to be able to ask questions to someone regarding the game and how it works around the mac os. but im sure someone with an apple heart is going to become active within the tech problems and questions ppl might have here. since we all know apple pwns windows ;)

^^^^ This guy is an apple expert, listen to him :cool:

Nicknac425 04-08-2011 12:18

I do agree on getting a mod who uses Apples/Macs... But, like Euro said, I dont think there is one =/

xXSupernovaXx 05-14-2011 21:33

I have a MacBook Pro :cool:

Kuroooo~ 05-17-2011 22:50

I have to use Macs at work. I do 3d animations with a program called Modo. Macs are good for video editing.. Nothing else. I would never buy a Mac and i don't want to support Apple.

Google light bulb conspiracy.
"iPod, with a soldered-in battery designed to fail early (which the user could not replace and Apple WOULD not replace)". There is a documentary film about it. Apple also stopped supporting Flash/Adobe Air and Java. They still work but will be deprecated.

I know stuff like that does not matter to a normal user but personally I want everything to work. I even do some programming.

ChaosDealer73 05-30-2011 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicknac425 (Post 11510552)
I do agree on getting a mod who uses Apples/Macs... But, like Euro said, I dont think there is one =/

*raises hand*

Nicknac425 05-30-2011 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosDealer73 (Post 11544474)
*raises hand*

yeaaaaaaa and hiiiiiii

you should speak with hemp :)

ChaosDealer73 05-30-2011 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicknac425 (Post 11544664)
yeaaaaaaa and hiiiiiii

you should speak with hemp :)

We'll see. I'm quite busy IRL.

Nicknac425 05-31-2011 02:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosDealer73 (Post 11544855)
We'll see. I'm quite busy IRL.

ah, ok. well, summers coming up, so dont stay too busy and enjoy yourself! :)

ChaosDealer73 05-31-2011 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicknac425 (Post 11545050)
ah, ok. well, summers coming up, so dont stay too busy and enjoy yourself! :)

I took on a full time job as a designer, so I am :)

sendbadboy 12-07-2011 07:36

i want to know important matters