Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Bugs (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   **Here's the solution to Fixing Virus detected by AVG --> (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=552284)

death2584 09-09-2008 04:45

help plz

plz help me i have not one trojan horse from conquer i have 3 as you can see

Winddancer 09-09-2008 06:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowbutterfly (Post 9087596)
...i see your point winddancer, thanks. again, it's all speculations, no one's a liar. but as for me, i might just rest playing until this issue is resolved. i'll just let these TQ people explain themselves.

PIZ:)

Or you could simply uninstall AVG and get another better free anti virus and see it doesnt find anything and play. And TQ doesnt have to explain anything really, cause its not them making the problem. But up to you if you dont want to play.

Quote:

Originally Posted by death2584 (Post 9088329)
plz help me i have not one trojan horse from conquer i have 3 as you can see

Where can I see? Anyways restore all the CO files in there and follow the steps in the first post.

Kingofbears 09-09-2008 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***1084;***1108;gz«3 (Post 9087734)
YAY it work'd !! thx heapz !! =D

Your welcome :cool:

chris2962 09-09-2008 09:49

take a bow son

DrakeArconis 09-09-2008 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowbutterfly (Post 9087596)
...i see your point winddancer, thanks. again, it's all speculations, no one's a liar. but as for me, i might just rest playing until this issue is resolved. i'll just let these TQ people explain themselves.

PIZ:)

they don't need to. its a free to play and dl game. you free antivirus doesn't like it when EVERYOTHER antivirus says its safe and you want tq to explain themselves....

you gonna stand in a burning house till the fireman explains why you need to move?

Lamb 09-09-2008 10:44

I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee.

I mean, there is no button to exclude anything in my AVG.

Im using version 7.5 on Vista.

Winddancer 09-09-2008 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamb (Post 9089752)
I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee.

I mean, there is no button to exclude anything in my AVG.

Im using version 7.5 on Vista.

then update it to the most current version (which you should anyways) Or get another free anti virus program

JennDaNinjette 09-09-2008 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winddancer (Post 9076998)
Its surprisingly not TQ's fault this time, its the anti-virus programs. If you are using another one, then try and find what is suggested in the stickied thread in your antivirus and do the same. You can also email them the fake trojan and tell them to fix it so it wont detect it again.

Honestly, I think it truly is TQ's fault, because it says in the folder "trojan horse generic11. SRR" Inside the PATCH. If it wasn't their fault, then why would they put it in there to begin with, I've never had any problems with my antivirus programs.

Maybe faulty programming on TQ's side is the error?

Winddancer 09-09-2008 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennDaNinjette (Post 9089937)
Honestly, I think it truly is TQ's fault, because it says in the folder "trojan horse generic11. SRR" Inside the PATCH. If it wasn't their fault, then why would they put it in there to begin with, I've never had any problems with my antivirus programs.

Maybe faulty programming on TQ's side is the error?

Egads think what you like, but it is NOT TQ's fault, its AVG's.

NeonNinja 09-09-2008 11:48

Thanks... i copyed ur solution to my server fourms....thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingofbears (Post 9075431)
This is the current solution for users that has AVG Anti-Virus Free 8.0:

If your .exe file has been detected by AVG and placed into the Virus vault, i would recommend that you re-install your client.

Please remember to Delete the Conquer.exe found in your Virus Vault before you proceed to re-install your client

Having reinstalled your client, before proceeding onto starting your Conquer client, please do the following steps below to prevent AVG from capturing the .exe and isolating it

To overcome this virus being detected, all you have to do is follow this couple of simple steps:

1. Click on the Overview tab located on the Left side of the AVG interface
2. Upon clicking the Overview tab, the right side will be changed accordingly
3. Either Double-click on the Resident Shield icon or right click its icon and select open
4. Now, you would have entered the Overview -> Resident Shield
5. Locate the Manage exceptions button at the bottom left of the interface
6. Clicking the button will open up Advanced AVG Settings
7. Select the button Add Path and locate your Conquer 2.0 folder and add the whole folder in, and dont forget to click the Apply button upon adding the folder

This is just a temporary measurement until AVG has found a solution to the fix as this problems only seems be conflicting with AVG.

Take note: Once AVG has fix the problem, dont forget to un-do the steps and remove the Path that you have added previously for security purposes.

I hope this would help out the AVG supporters out there. Cheers :cool:

ogieboy042 09-11-2008 10:14

hmm its work on me..but problem is...avg detect the virus on patch 5050-5061...and deleted it lol..

Winddancer 09-11-2008 10:30

So reinstall it manually and make sure to follow the steps.

Lord_Foo 09-11-2008 12:23

Lol, TQ wouldn't put a virus in their programs (and then talk openly about it!). They are a company, if they would spread viruses they'd have no costumers. And seriously, like TQ needs to hack into your computers.

DrakeArconis 09-11-2008 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord_Foo (Post 9103428)
Lol, TQ wouldn't put a virus in their programs (and then talk openly about it!). They are a company, if they would spread viruses they'd have no costumers. And seriously, like TQ needs to hack into your computers.

don't you know that someone has to dumb enuff to have big gov't secrects on their computers and tq is scanning for the imf agent database files?

inxs 09-11-2008 13:30

If you are a vista user like me, you probably are logged on as a user, not administrator. Therefore, you aren't allowed to download the co patches manually to your co folder. Which means, you have to download the patches to another location, like desktop, then move the patch to your co folder. Even with co made an exception in resident shield on AVG, AVG will send you a message telling you a threat has been found the moment the patch download is done because its to your desktop, which is not an exception in AVG's resident shield. Autopatching doesn't give you this message because autopatching downloads straight to co folder. I don't like putting desktop in exceptions on resident shield so I get around this by downloading the patch to desktop and when the AVG threat message pops up, I let it stay there while I move the downloaded patch on my desktop to my co folder, then I click ignore on the threat message, not move to vault.
I hope this helps others with this problem.