Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Increase Mana Cost for Fire and Tornado (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=724796)

corey0092 11-09-2011 22:13

Increase Mana Cost for Fire and Tornado

Alright, there was a time when firetaos weren't ridiculously OPed.
With subclasses, dragonsouls, refineries, and the unlocked resolution they have gotten a little out of hand, not to mention tort gems.
FireTaos originally were intended to have High mana and average hp, but with the mana bs 1.2k mana is suffice.

So my idea is simple: Increase the mana cost for magic

Tornado costs 64MP Fixed as of now
Fire costs 32MP Fixed as of now

Increase Tornado's cost to 300MP a cast
Increase Fire's cost to 150MP a cast

this would even the playing field as firetaos would have to bring mana pots, use meditation (needing them to get stamina), alot more points to spirit and not be able to relentlessly spam their magic.

This would also reduce the number of poison zapping melee classes

IluminatI 11-10-2011 02:43

i actually agree lol.

LitasLTL 11-10-2011 02:46

PvE still exist in this game, maybe not for you but for hundreds of others so it would be unfair for taos.

TipTop 11-10-2011 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by LitasLTL (Post 11626192)
PvE still exist in this game, maybe not for you but for hundreds of others so it would be unfair for taos.

lol So they should allot more mana. Atm the mana isn't even a factor to fire taos.

corey0092 11-10-2011 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by LitasLTL (Post 11626192)

ok, non reborn firetaos at the 110 promotion have how much mana again? 225 spirit, 7.5k mana 12k hp

HeavensBlade costs 5,000MP thus proving firetaos are SUPPOSED to have mana

FireTaos are originally alloted: str.0 vital.47. agil.65 spir.225
FireTaos are currently alloted: str.0 Vital.295 agil.2. spir.40

so PvE was originally intended for firetaos, now they have lost one of their purposes

Egynator 11-10-2011 07:56

I voted no. I don't wanna drink a potion after every monster kill o.O You people should cry about usage of 5 hercs (if blessed), not about tao's mana. Or archers, they dont use stamina or mana for attacking either. Anyway, I lol'd at this thread.

Rickk 11-10-2011 09:56

Yes! I agree. I also just made a suggestion for taos too.

Mikeyy 11-10-2011 11:12

i lol'd OP has the most overpowered class in game and he crys about fires.

LitasLTL 11-10-2011 11:20

Well i understand that fire taos are overpowered. But i dont think its the way to fix it.
Lets pretend for a moment that not every tao have mana backswords. Lets pretend that there might posibly be new players in CO who would try to play as fire taos (i know it sounds ridiculous, new players in CO.lol). How the hell should they play.
What could be done (though its nearly imposible) is making taos loose stamina if they hit human oponent only. This way in PvP fires would need stamina too but PvE would be unefected. The amount of stamina would be a matter of discusion.
Also no stamina reduction when geting hit by ranged atacks (magic and arrows) while siting. But thats only if they would fix all those cheap easy skills. But even if people would agree to it, even if TQ would agree to it. Could they program it?
And having that high mana cost is almost as having stamina cost for melee hits.

corey0092 11-11-2011 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by LitasLTL (Post 11626416)
Well i understand that fire taos are overpowered. But i dont think its the way to fix it.
Lets pretend for a moment that not every tao have mana backswords. Lets pretend that there might posibly be new players in CO who would try to play as fire taos (i know it sounds ridiculous, new players in CO.lol). How the hell should they play.
What could be done (though its nearly imposible) is making taos loose stamina if they hit human oponent only. This way in PvP fires would need stamina too but PvE would be unefected. The amount of stamina would be a matter of discusion.
Also no stamina reduction when geting hit by ranged atacks (magic and arrows) while siting. But thats only if they would fix all those cheap easy skills. But even if people would agree to it, even if TQ would agree to it. Could they program it?
And having that high mana cost is almost as having stamina cost for melee hits.

Alright, new players to Co wont be reborn instantly, so being a non reborn tao, they would still have 4.5k mana at 70, so I do not see an issue with the increase in cost. Also, FireArista and FiresofHell arent effected by this, so leveling hasnt changed.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 11626409)

listen here smartass. Everyclass is OP, its all battle power, excluding firetaos.

LitasLTL 11-11-2011 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 11626409)

Wariors are most overpowered? So why 90% of players dont play as wariors?

corey0092 11-11-2011 09:09

im still saying warriors are the most balanced class and require the most skill to effectively use

ChaoticArcher 11-11-2011 09:28

Ga-ga-good idea :rolleyes:

Mikeyy 11-11-2011 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by LitasLTL (Post 11626713)
Wariors are most overpowered? So why 90% of players dont play as wariors?

because the 99% doesnt know how to play a warrior. maxed out you will never die. ever. 23/24k def 30k hp up to like 60k attack

ChaoticArcher 11-11-2011 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyy (Post 11626802)
because the 99% doesnt know how to play a warrior. maxed out you will never die. ever. 23/24k def 30k hp up to like 60k attack

never die AND never kill :p