Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Community Forum (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   About August Online events (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=635233)

Ryan_2008 07-22-2009 00:08

About August Online events

Perhaps you don’t know that every day our players are from about 128 countries! As far as I know, there are only 193 countries in the world. Thanks to the internet, the CO community is becoming a “Global Village”.

So far we have received quite many ideas and suggestions about the online event quests. And it is really amazing to see those interesting stories written by our players from different countries.

We will try our best to make more and more interesting events for our players, and also we are willing to introduce other countries’ culture and customs to our dear players.

Recently as the Islamic Ramadan is coming near, quite many players request that we shall hold such festival for the Eid ul-Fitr that marks the end of Ramadan. It is a big holiday and a happy festival for 23% of the world population.

It is not only a religious event nowadays, but also the holiday that symbolizes the happiness and tolerance.

Do you like this holiday to be held in CO, or you would not like to attend it. Leave your opinions here.

Pros or Cons***65311;

phini4eva 07-22-2009 01:51

im sorry, but id rather not do this. Not because of mpersonally, but there are too many rasist people on CO, and doing something islamic will bring out the worst in the community, this is not what I would do, but what, unfortunalty, will happen. NOTE: i pressed the wrong buttom in thw poll, i meant to press the secou nd option, not the third!

TmT-sibrand 07-22-2009 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan_2008 (Post 10597488)
Perhaps you don’t know that every day our players are from about 128 countries! As far as I know, there are only 193 countries in the world. Thanks to the internet, the CO community is becoming a “Global Village”.

So far we have received quite many ideas and suggestions about the online event quests. And it is really amazing to see those interesting stories written by our players from different countries.

We will try our best to make more and more interesting events for our players, and also we are willing to introduce other countries’ culture and customs to our dear players.

Recently as the Islamic Ramadan is coming near, quite many players request that we shall hold such festival for the Eid ul-Fitr that marks the end of Ramadan. It is a big holiday and a happy festival for 23% of the world population.

It is not only a religious event nowadays, but also the holiday that symbolizes the happiness and tolerance.

Do you like this holiday to be held in CO, or you would not like to attend it. Leave your opinions here.

Pros or Cons***65311;

No.

Do it on arabic co or something (even though they share our servers, right?)

isti37 07-22-2009 02:48

We don't know too much about Islam, it would worth a try.
Btw most of us don't want to get dbs for a day long quest, we want a lot of free blessing and saddles for a little walking.

Pros : Atleast it's a new quest
Cons :
We don't like Egys/Turks and other people who can't learn a lil English.
I wonder what you will actually have to do.

My idea is to celebrate it by adding to luckytime a HP regeneration at random with a bigger chance then reflect when you are attacked (100% of your maximum HP) to people who completed the quest.

DaManFromNoWher 07-22-2009 03:02

There have been religious Holiday quests before (Valentine's Day and Easter Day), so I'd say either go for it, but be prepared to give every religion in the world their own quests.

Or stick to just Chinese culture.

Also, TQ has a way of making innocent language errors and such. I would highly suggest you hire a Muslim Cleric, or two, to go over your quest before you release it. The rest of the world seems to understand mistakes, they have followers who don't.

ananta...~v.4 07-22-2009 04:05

wait... someone cares about what the quests are for?

Just hold the quests and name them what ever you name :D 1/10th of the people who do it might read the dialogues.

lukas 07-22-2009 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ananta...~v.4 (Post 10597880)
wait... someone cares about what the quests are for?

Just hold the quests and name them what ever you name :D 1/10th of the people who do it might read the dialogues.

So true.

randeh 07-22-2009 04:47

sure.. prizes should be Bombs that work in cities instead of on the gates.

jay/kay~! any quest is a gud quest unless the prizes are **** for the amount of time they take to do ;P

Blackwolf 07-22-2009 04:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by randeh (Post 10597926)
sure.. prizes should be Bombs that work in cities instead of on the gates.

jay/kay~! any quest is a gud quest unless the prizes are **** for the amount of time they take to do ;P

*coughcoughgourmetfestivalcough*

Skaraosky 07-22-2009 04:58

I thought on Ramadan they dont eat and drink until late night,no computer,praying,and job,no swearing,etc.

So if they wont play on Ramadan,why should we make those sucky 5 hour quests to get 1 hour of blessing and 1/12 expball?
Hope they will change the rewards.

ananta...~v.4 07-22-2009 05:52

So like, I was just thinking... Don't muslims have those times to pray 5 times a day facing mekkah...

But on my server, there is no such time when egys arent being annoying, so that means they're being bad muslims while on computer, not praying when they're supposed to?

This is off topic I know, but I've just been wondering why they dont pray when they're supposed to, but then get butthurt if someone insults their god...

pootan 07-22-2009 05:55

I dont give a **** as long as they hand out some decent heavens blessing and some exp balls.

3 days minimum HB
Minimum 1 exp ball

The two events were bull**** and left a bad taste in my mouth

willworkforbooz 07-22-2009 06:04

If its short and has good prizes Im game.

ak007 07-22-2009 06:05

it is g0od to celebirate our islamic occasions,but how could you do it in right manner still something that muslim players should worry about.
2nd as damanfromnowhere said,do not do it unless u r ready to celebirate each race occasions.

willworkforbooz 07-22-2009 06:11

**** each race, just do the majorities. American, euro, islamic, russian, and chinese. Althought for russians, we'd need a drinking contest. [ftw.]