Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Community Forum (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   My Experience/Review of Cross-Server CTF (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=725603)

Kadafi18 12-07-2011 21:20

My Experience/Review of Cross-Server CTF

First off I would like to say I had fun though I feel this is more of a beta event that needs work. I got to fb people from all different servers and see what other servers are like which made me grateful I don't play on them lmao.

Differences from regular ctf

Max bp is 358
No Nobility BP
No Guild BP
No Clan bp (or teams)
No pre-existing allies
It's truly a guild event anyone not in your guild can kill you
No friends show up on the map
Can't buy pots inside but you can in tc and pots drop inside the map
Once entered your exp bar resets so you can't run in and out and vortex
I felt it was harder to fb I kept getting "target not in range" more often than usual.

What I did like

I got to test my skills against other servers (though I didn't have my laptop so I had to use a replacement which couldn't handle the lag well.) It was fun fbing people 10-20 bp more than me, my server is just 370+ bp or your below 330 so it was fun fighting mid range fighters I like the challenge of fighting people 10-20 bp more than me. Not 50 though :s.

I got to see people I knew from the forums, a friend of mines guild got second place and he visited us on basilisk after the tournament and got to see our drama of everyone complaining because we didn't make one big guild and get first place haha.

It was the first time I got to do a cross-server event so I enjoyed it, it was something new rather than the usual kill monsters pick up item make a cake get a bound rose event.

Anyone can join, if my server were to go to 1 guild we could have got first place but we did 3 guilds roughly 35 members each so I was glad there was no waiting limit on joining.

What I didn't like

This is mostly a bulkers event, my guild had 1 full +12 only (ninja) 35 total members and we ended up getting 13th. We could have got 8-9th if we collected flags but we decided to just have fun and fb in the mid areas since we can only do this once. Which was more important than winning 1k cps to us.

I can't count how many times i was herced for 20k when I am full -7, I dislike the fact skills are so uneven though this is a co thing not a ctf thing, I tried fbing with a few people just to be herced.

It's hard to tell what class people are until it's too late, I was dueling someone I thought was a monk and was jumping like I was fighting wwk (which USUALLY can't 1 hit me) to be 2fbed, I wish it was a little clearer of what class people were like default views of gears.

It sucks not being able to be on a team, it defeats the purpose of team work. I have like 9-10 waters 2 which are 340 bp and couldn't find myself being revived because it's hard to communicate. Not only can you not be on a team you can't see icons on your map of friends, they need a guild member icon for the tournament it would be useful. This killed my guild because we don't have bulkers who can just take the pole so we use team work in regular ctf to win and this couldn't be done here. We had 35 people and we barely got to see or talk to each other.

Back to being 1 hit by herc, it sucks when they aren't even trying to hit you at pole just randomly clicking and are hitting you for 20k+ when you are full -7 blows, I couldn't ever get to the pole and my guild of 20 300-340 bp players (outside ctf bp) couldn't do much at the pole so we just fought in the mid.

This showed me how many trojans/monks there truly are, besides my server I rarely saw any players that weren't hercing/wwking, I only saw like 3-4 fbers not from my server so it was kind of a let down :s.

Funniest thing I saw

After a player with 20 more bp than me saw me fbing he tried to ss with me and I 4 chained him, he then stopped ssing and tried to herc me, after he couldn't herc me he hopped on steed, knocked me off and ran away.

Overall

Overall this is a bulkers event when it comes to winning, the event kills team work, kills vortex runs, so unless you have bulkers who can stay alive to have team work or stay alive to solo take pole you won't win. Without teams we weren't able to keep our waters close so we were so spread out our bp got picked apart by full +12's.

This event can be fun for anyone, my guild chose to just kill people in mid the entire time and just duel so I enjoyed this event a lot.

This is something new I liked it but it needs some work, I hope to see conquer do more things like this in the future but just work on them a bit.

sin411 12-08-2011 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kadafi18 (Post 11637982)
First off I would like to say I had fun though I feel this is more of a beta event that needs work. I got to fb people from all different servers and see what other servers are like which made me grateful I don't play on them lmao.

Max bp is 358
No Nobility BP
No Guild BP
No Clan bp (or teams)
No pre-existing allies
I felt it was harder to fb I kept getting "target not in range" more often than usual.

What I did like

I got to test my skills against other servers (though I didn't have my laptop so I had to use a replacement which couldn't handle the lag well.) It was fun fbing people 10-20 bp more than me, my server is just 370+ bp or your below 330 so it was fun fighting mid range fighters I like the challenge of fighting people 10-20 bp more than me. Not 50 though :s.

I got to see people I knew from the forums, a friend of mines guild got second place and he visited us on basilisk after the tournament and got to see our drama of everyone complaining because we didn't make one big guild and get first place haha.

It was the first time I got to do a cross-server event so I enjoyed it, it was something new rather than the usual kill monsters pick up item make a cake get a bound rose event.

Anyone can join, if my server were to go to 1 guild we could have got first place but we did 3 guilds roughly 35 members each so I was glad there was no waiting limit on joining.

What I didn't like

This is mostly a bulkers event, my guild had 1 full +12 only (ninja) 35 total members and we ended up getting 13th. We could have got 8-9th if we collected flags but we decided to just have fun and fb in the mid areas since we can only do this once. Which was more important than winning 1k cps to us.

I can't count how many times i was herced for 20k when I am full -7, I dislike the fact skills are so uneven though this is a co thing not a ctf thing, I tried fbing with a few people just to be herced.

It's hard to tell what class people are until it's too late, I was dueling someone I thought was a monk and was jumping like I was fighting wwk (which USUALLY can't 1 hit me) to be 2fbed, I wish it was a little clearer of what class people were like default views of gears.

It sucks not being able to be on a team, it defeats the purpose of team work. I have like 9-10 waters 2 which are 340 bp and couldn't find myself being revived because it's hard to communicate. Not only can you not be on a team you can't see icons on your map of friends, they need a guild member icon for the tournament it would be useful. This killed my guild because we don't have bulkers who can just take the pole so we use team work in regular ctf to win and this couldn't be done here. We had 35 people and we barely got to see or talk to each other.

Back to being 1 hit by herc, it sucks when they aren't even trying to hit you at pole just randomly clicking and are hitting you for 20k+ when you are full -7 blows, I couldn't ever get to the pole and my guild of 20 300-340 bp players (outside ctf bp) couldn't do much at the pole so we just fought in the mid.

This showed me how many trojans/monks there truly are, besides my server I rarely saw any players that weren't hercing/wwking, I only saw like 3-4 fbers not from my server so it was kind of a let down :s.

Funniest thing I saw

After a player with 20 more bp than me saw me fbing he tried to ss with me and I 4 chained him, he then stopped ssing and tried to herc me, after he couldn't herc me he hopped on steed, knocked me off and ran away.

Overall

Overall this is a bulkers event when it comes to winning, the event kills team work, kills vortex runs, so unless you have bulkers who can stay alive to have team work or stay alive to solo take pole you won't win. Without teams we weren't able to keep our waters close so we were so spread out our bp got picked apart by full +12's.

This event can be fun for anyone, my guild chose to just kill people in mid the entire time and just duel so I enjoyed this event a lot.

This is something new I liked it but it needs some work, I hope to see conquer do more things like this in the future but just work on them a bit.

I didn't go but it sounds interesting.

PowerOfGray 12-08-2011 11:10

Damn nagato.

But that **** was hell of fun.

Mikeyy 12-08-2011 12:15

id be happy to just be able to do cs ctf

MyThirdAccount 12-08-2011 13:47

Just asking. Wasn't it like overcrowded or something?

But **, I wish I was just able to see the cs ctf itself from my own eyes.

PowerOfGray 12-08-2011 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyThirdAccount (Post 11638418)
Just asking. Wasn't it like overcrowded or something?

But **, I wish I was just able to see the cs ctf itself from my own eyes.

It was but no one from my server got disconnected or had lag issues. Only about around the 22:00 mark did we get any lag and that lasted for a couple seconds and back to normal.

I can't speak for people on other servers though. I'm sure they will say they had lag and was disconnecting to justify their low points.

Cpt.Curtis 12-08-2011 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerOfGray (Post 11638433)
It was but no one from my server got disconnected or had lag issues. Only about around the 22:00 mark did we get any lag and that lasted for a couple seconds and back to normal.

I can't speak for people on other servers though. I'm sure they will say they had lag and was disconnecting to justify their low points.

Where did Merc come?

Deathclaw 12-08-2011 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerOfGray (Post 11638433)

Its already a good reason that they had just about half of the ppl in ctf as other guilds(same prolly applies to the +12 chars)

Its quite simple to win gw/ctf/cs ctf with all those 0 skill attacks nowadays: Bring more +12 chars than anyone else and you win.

Skills/Teamwork as a requirement to win tournaments were removed of this game several years ago.

PowerOfGray 12-08-2011 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt.Curtis (Post 11638440)
Where did Merc come?

We got second. Us and Pharos dominated everyone, we both had 30k+ while third place had 6549. Give it a week they will post a screenshot. Or just login to our server.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathclaw (Post 11638457)
Its already a good reason that they had just about half of the ppl in ctf as other guilds(same prolly applies to the +12 chars)

Its quite easy to win gw/ctf/cs ctf with all those 0 skill attacks nowadays: Bring more +12 chars than anyone else and you win.

Skills/Teamwork as a requirement to win tournaments were removed of this game several years ago.

At least two servers had twice as many +12s as Mercury did. Yet they didn't get top 2. We had 8 +12 chars there, one of which is an archer. Then two more with mostly +12, one of which had low level gear.

noobie.com 12-08-2011 16:19

xD

Thats my rant. If they want to leave Herc at radius 6, 90% and 120% stigged with no delay like they did for wwk(nerfed with 2 second delay which has much lower damage anyway due to beads being sword damage and lower soul damage) Then Make FB a no brainer and make the damage like 200% or 240% lol. So you know Kad the Herc does 19k (no CS added to this) damage to even a full -7 player with = BP IE - 385. There is not much to say about how they have made this tro online in general. Anyway, glad you had fun. Thats all that matters anyway in the end.

KLeEzY 12-08-2011 16:34

Quote:

Max bp is 358
No Nobility BP
No Guild BP
No Clan bp (or teams)
No pre-existing allies

What I did like

What I didn't like

Funniest thing I saw

After a player with 20 more bp than me saw me fbing he tried to ss with me and I 4 chained him, he then stopped ssing and tried to herc me, after he couldn't herc me he hopped on steed, knocked me off and ran away.Overall

Welcome to "TQ-wont-do-a-thing-about-it-because-egys-make-up-99.9-percent-of-their-revenue"-Conquer Online!

~2Pac~ 12-08-2011 16:38

Quote:

Max bp is 358
No Nobility BP
No Guild BP
No Clan bp (or teams)
No pre-existing allies

What I did like

What I didn't like

Funniest thing I saw

Overall

Wanted to ask abt the video so 3 Kings all allied and theyr ur enemis? Is there any1 from ur side who can kill em? I bet its pretty hard at gw ! How do u do it i would quit long time if it would happen in my server!

~2Pac~ 12-08-2011 16:40

Yup CS CTF kickd ass needs some work but going back next time ! U should to wont regret it.

We came 11th place!

PowerOfGray 12-08-2011 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobie.com (Post 11638505)
xD

Thats my rant. If they want to leave Herc at radius 6, 90% and 120% stigged with no delay like they did for wwk(nerfed with 2 second delay which has much lower damage anyway due to beads being sword damage and lower soul damage) Then Make FB a no brainer and make the damage like 200% or 240% lol. So you know Kad the Herc does 19k (no CS added to this) damage to even a full -7 player with = BP IE - 385. There is not much to say about how they have made this tro online in general. Anyway, glad you had fun. Thats all that matters anyway in the end.

Say what?

Deathclaw 12-08-2011 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerOfGray (Post 11638458)

At least two servers had twice as many +12s as Mercury did. Yet they didn't get top 2. We had 8 +12 chars there, one of which is an archer. Then two more with mostly +12, one of which had low level gear.

Alright, so it isnt enough to just have more +12 than other servers if you got 0 support but having more +12 than almost every other guild + about twice that many players than other guilds is a sure win as you can see at the ranks 1 and 2.

Also another fun fact: Only the top 3 guilds obviously completly dominate their server without much competition because they had only 1 guild in cs ctf, which makes it quite easy to get +12 stuff. Kanasai_US is obviously an exception due to the age of the server.

As I said the result was obviously predetermined before ctf even started and all other guilds obviously didnt lose due to a lack of skill or teamwork except those 1-2 guilds that were stupid enough to just invite their +12s and no support. All the other guilds never had a chance at the first place.