Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Emerald/Sapphire (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Religion (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=669272)

ChaoticArcher 03-04-2010 10:21

Religion
 
let the fun start:D

BuddhaIncarnate 03-04-2010 14:35

In before Chaos looks like an...

Oops.

ChaoticArcher 03-04-2010 16:07

i was expecting a buddhist post...you disapoint me, sir

Arronax 03-04-2010 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticArcher (Post 11012769)
i was expecting a buddhist post...you disapoint me, sir

Buddha isn't a buddhist. Just like god isn't christian \ muslim \ jewish.

Ryuzaki 03-04-2010 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11012960)
Buddha isn't a buddhist. Just like god isn't christian \ muslim \ jewish.

That is correct, I do not belong to any of those.

Stiggy~V.18 03-05-2010 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11012960)
Buddha isn't a buddhist. Just like god isn't christian \ muslim \ jewish.

*psst* Buddha isn't a god. Buddha was actually the guy who set up Buddhism, and first began teaching it. So he was Buddhist, just like how priests are Christian, and rabbis are Jewish.



Buddha wasn't actually his name though, but I didn't know that 'til I verified what I already knew on Wikipedia. Which was that Buddhism doesn't gave a 'god' as such.

CheekyPunk27 03-05-2010 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy~V.18 (Post 11013324)
*psst* Buddha isn't a god. Buddha was actually the guy who set up Buddhism, and first began teaching it. So he was Buddhist, just like how priests are Christian, and rabbis are Jewish.



Buddha wasn't actually his name though, but I didn't know that 'til I verified what I already knew on Wikipedia. Which was that Buddhism doesn't gave a 'god' as such.

Isn't Buddha's real name Neo?

Arronax 03-05-2010 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy~V.18 (Post 11013324)
*psst* Buddha isn't a god. Buddha was actually the guy who set up Buddhism, and first began teaching it. So he was Buddhist, just like how priests are Christian, and rabbis are Jewish.



Buddha wasn't actually his name though, but I didn't know that 'til I verified what I already knew on Wikipedia. Which was that Buddhism doesn't gave a 'god' as such.


'in some streams of Mahayana Buddhism Gautama Buddha is worshipped as 'an omnipotent divinity endowed with numerous supernatural attributes and qualities' ~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism


Even though it's obvious that I wasn't paying much attention to what I was writing in my previous post, I'll stick by it and pretend that it was those certain streams of mahayana buddhism I was talking about.



;)

BuddhaIncarnate 03-05-2010 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy~V.18 (Post 11013324)
*psst* Buddha isn't a god. Buddha was actually the guy who set up Buddhism, and first began teaching it. So he was Buddhist, just like how priests are Christian, and rabbis are Jewish.



Buddha wasn't actually his name though, but I didn't know that 'til I verified what I already knew on Wikipedia. Which was that Buddhism doesn't gave a 'god' as such.

Buddhism is the following of the teachings of Buddha.

Following One's self will only lead to walking in circles :cool:

I am the leader of my people, and they seek enlightenment that my teachings can grant.

Stiggy~V.18 03-06-2010 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11013376)
'in some streams of Mahayana Buddhism Gautama Buddha is worshipped as 'an omnipotent divinity endowed with numerous supernatural attributes and qualities' ~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism


Even though it's obvious that I wasn't paying much attention to what I was writing in my previous post, I'll stick by it and pretend that it was those certain streams of mahayana buddhism I was talking about.



;)

Well they're just idiots :D

|A|a|r|O|N| 03-06-2010 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 (Post 11013362)
Isn't Buddha's real name Neo?

or is it Siddhartha Gautama Buddha?

Arronax 03-06-2010 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by |A|a|r|O|N| (Post 11015835)
or is it Siddhartha Gautama Buddha?

no, I'm pretty sure buddhas name is MasterFletch.

~YoShI~ V.7 03-06-2010 22:50

Agnostic.

CheekyPunk27 03-07-2010 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by |A|a|r|O|N| (Post 11015835)
or is it Siddhartha Gautama Buddha?

I think you will find that it was, in fact, Neo.

:p

BuddhaIncarnate 03-07-2010 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 (Post 11015978)
I think you will find that it was, in fact, Neo.

:p

I killed Keanu Reeves to become Buddha. My name is Fletcher.


THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47.