Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Emerald/Sapphire (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Religion (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=669272)

bigfry 03-15-2010 16:48

Well my incredibly long and boring post shows an point by point account With Genesis and modern science

The Genesis account is 5-6 thousand years old not to bad or the Bible considering science thought the world was flat 400 years ago.

I say win for the Bible.

ChaoticArcher 03-15-2010 16:54

those who watch family guy..that episode..Extra Large Medium...peter is really vague with his predictions and atualy convinces a bunch of retards...reminds me of something:rolleyes:

is it me or everytime they cant explain something they say...bible could of explained this if you flipped the sentence upside down right side down then tiped left

why did allah make all the useless planets????:confused::confused::confused::confused ::confused:

Arronax 03-15-2010 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfry (Post 11028531)
Well my incredibly long and boring post shows an point by point account With Genesis and modern science

The Genesis account is 5-6 thousand years old not to bad or the Bible considering science thought the world was flat 400 years ago.

I say win for the Bible.

I say your imagination has run off with you long ago, and you're too stupid to realize it. You're going way too far in trying to MAKE it fit into what you believe in. It's called wishful thinking, coupled with a rampant imagination.

You should try to be moar like mitsurugi. At least what he says follows some sort of logic, and somehow makes sense, assuming faith. You're just proving to be plain out stupid. Stick to your sermons, you blithering idiot.

@Ananta: chaos? really? I was talking about people, not vegetables.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuzaki (Post 11028525)
eleventyblue

yeah, that or schwifty fiev.

bigfry 03-15-2010 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11028547)
I say your imagination has run off with you long ago, and you're too stupid to realize it. You're going way too far in trying to MAKE it fit into what you believe in. It's called wishful thinking, coupled with a rampant imagination.

You should try to be moar like mitsurugi. At least what he says follows some sort of logic, and somehow makes sense, assuming faith. You're just proving to be plain out stupid. Stick to your sermons, you blithering idiot.

Its interesting to me you have never once dealt with anything I have said or read it according to your own admission.

And you are now you are increasing your personal attacks on me while I have never insulted you.

What a wonderful case you make for believing in a higher being.

CheekyPunk27 03-16-2010 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11028469)
So we're free to choose which of the 'stories' in the bible are literal and which ones are not?

If you want to, then you can.

Like, you can read the newspaper as a book of poems if you want.
You can read your science book as letters to the authors mother.
You can read the history books as a sci-fi novel.

Though you'd probably agree, you get the most out of them when you read them as their correct genre.

Jerri~v.2.1 03-16-2010 03:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 (Post 11029008)
If you want to, then you can.

Like, you can read the newspaper as a book of poems if you want.
You can read your science book as letters to the authors mother.
You can read the history books as a sci-fi novel.

Though you'd probably agree, you get the most out of them when you read them as their correct genre.

This reminds me I should read to history exam :(

CheekyPunk27 03-16-2010 04:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerri~v.2.1 (Post 11029033)
This reminds me I should read to history exam :(

Read it as if it were poetry, and see how far that gets you in the exam!

Or you could read it as it was written, history, and get good marks (assuming you're intelligent).

Arronax 03-16-2010 05:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfry (Post 11028661)
Its interesting to me you have never once dealt with anything I have said or read it according to your own admission.

And you are now you are increasing your personal attacks on me while I have never insulted you.

What a wonderful case you make for believing in a higher being.

Why would I deal with anything you write?

You write thoughts and ideas that have nothing to do with reality, stroking your imagination with every sentence.

When you stop pulling stuff out of your ass, I might bother commenting the stuff you write.

And @ the bolded part: I'm glad my presence is making your delusions sit stronger in your mind. =)

@Mitsurugi: *facepalm*.

If the story about creation is meant metaphorically (which I highly doubt, btw), why wouldn't the rest of the stories in the bible be? Afaik, there's no genre descriptions @each single story in the bible. Who's to tell which of them are 'real events'? It's not so simple as just "Well, you read em as the genre they're written"..

Jerri~v.2.1 03-16-2010 05:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11029114)
If the story about creation is meant metaphorically (which I highly doubt, btw), why wouldn't the rest of the stories in the bible be? Afaik, there's no genre descriptions @each single story in the bible. Who's to tell which of them are 'real events'? It's not so simple as just "Well, you read em as the genre they're written"..

Because Bible is collection of books and writings. So obviously several writers have several different styles.

CheekyPunk27 03-16-2010 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11029114)
@Mitsurugi: *facepalm*.

:D

Well, the gospels aren't written as poetry. They're more like historical narrative.

As well, stories don't have to be metaphorical to teach something about something.

Metaphorical or literal, we can learn from the creation story/narrative that God is a God of purpose and order. That's just one of many that we can learn, regardless of whether you read it literally or metaphorically. And I think that's the most proper way to read the Bible: as something that is telling us something about God, what he is like, and his plan for salvation.

edit: and what Jerri said. Lots of different styles...

Arro: You never really said anything about the resurrection..? Still been quiet on that for a few days? Any opinion on that?

Arronax 03-16-2010 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerri~v.2.1 (Post 11029120)
Because Bible is collection of books and writings. So obviously several writers have several different styles.

*quadruple facepalm*

bigfry 03-16-2010 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11029217)
*quadruple facepalm*

So you ask a question I give you a very detailed answer you don't read it and the proceed to insult me.

From this point on all your challenges will be considered rhetorical and unworthy of response.

Less faceplams my be helpful it appears they have had a negative impact you your though process.

Arronax 03-16-2010 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 (Post 11029122)
:D

Well, the gospels aren't written as poetry. They're more like historical narrative.

As well, stories don't have to be metaphorical to teach something about something.

Metaphorical or literal, we can learn from the creation story/narrative that God is a God of purpose and order. That's just one of many that we can learn, regardless of whether you read it literally or metaphorically. And I think that's the most proper way to read the Bible: as something that is telling us something about God, what he is like, and his plan for salvation.
edit: and what Jerri said. Lots of different styles..
Arro: You never really said anything about the resurrection..? Still been quiet on that for a few days? Any opinion on that?

(I just moved back to my home town. Haven't really had a lot of time to screw around with this.)

What about the ressurection? I don't believe there's anything miraculous about it.

@bolded part: yeah, a historical narrative containing events that didn't show up anywhere but the bible.

@Blue part: *sigh*. I never denied that the stories in teh bibulz are written in different styles. I wonder how many times I'll have to write that before you dimwits understand it. I'll try to explain it in a format you morons might understand:

'GAWD CREEATID TEH WURLD IN SEVEN DAIS and MAEDED ADAMZ CUZ HE WUZ BOREDED' -> if that's a metaphor for "the world was created through several billion years, and life started existing somewhere along the line"

there's no reason

'Noahz maededed ark, world filld wif waturs, noah hazezez teh animulz on boatz, teh badgais diededed. Nao everione is teh result of inbreeding.' couldn't be a metaphor for "a big river overflowed, killing a whole lot of people.
One family survived by making a big raft that they had their livestock and belongings on." ?

Get it? It has nothing to do with genre.

Arronax 03-16-2010 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfry (Post 11029253)
So you ask a question I give you a very detailed answer you don't read it and the proceed to insult me.

From this point on all your challenges will be considered rhetorical and unworthy of response.

Less faceplams my be helpful it appears they have had a negative impact you your though process.

I ask a question, you proceed to pull ''facts'' out of your arse and speak as if its the truth, and has anything to do with reality at all.

This being incredibly obvious, I ignore it.

I don't mind discussing with intelligent people such as mitsurugi. You're about as intelligent as a brick though, so your posts aren't really worthy of being treated seriously.

And you keep whining about me 'insulting you', yet you proceed to try and do the same thing.

A hypocritical vegetable is what you are. =)

ChaoticArcher 03-16-2010 13:05

1. maybe he didnt die
2. maybe he didnt exist
3. as they already said, many people were said dead and werent...and imagine they had no technology back then

and yes i find it retarded when people only see what they want to see and ignore reality completely

~ i hate vegetables and i love myself...this does not make sense either