Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Community Forum (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How many Veterans are left? (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=719366)

Krypta 06-08-2011 07:51

I played from the first days of Ruby on my Fire Taoist named Hexblade, gave it to a friend a looong time ago.

randeh 06-08-2011 07:56

Me me me. :k unfortunately.

SilverTejp 06-08-2011 09:32

Ive played since november 04......not sure im a veteran more like a relic :D

LitasLTL 06-08-2011 11:05

Started playing april 2006 but for TQ i am not a veteran because i still play.

BabyDread 06-08-2011 11:50

Good to see that their are others who still play and remember what this game was about, I remember Waterfall Cave a lot and that stone column in that pool.
It was a lot more fun. Now Pk limit at 1k, equipment quests, I think they baby the new players a little too much.

It was a better game. no point having guards in TC now

Cpt.Curtis 06-08-2011 13:13

Count me, I remember loosing my elites when i got pked in tc on my merchant :(

LitasLTL 06-08-2011 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyDread (Post 11550565)
It was a lot more fun. Now Pk limit at 1k, equipment quests, I think they baby the new players a little too much.

It was a better game. no point having guards in TC now

New players do get free items but that is all. And they can barely rise above full bound super +3/4 with elite tower. And any bulked up monk can 1 hit them with their fart

rotan 06-08-2011 13:24

I returned from a 4+ year break.

Yeah those were the good old days. I remember getting a DB from pheasants, all the TC pking, the only pests were BR's, and finding an elite or super gear meant you just hit the jackpot. You still have the TC killing in Classic, it's the only reason I returned but it's nothing like CO1...

Archers are now useless, cps took over the economy over gold, sockets cost way less then they used to, hunting/mining is now pointless, etc. Oh well, at least TQ can't take the memories away from me.

I originally was on Dragon then moved to Wildswan and quit before the Frogprince merg.

Infamous~ 06-08-2011 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirKillahMiles (Post 11550136)
Im Playing since the start of Honor Server....Should be around 7 years now! :eek:

Sad but true :mad:

Who was your char on Honor?

Heyga4Huk 06-08-2011 15:05

I'm not really around, just coming to troll once in a blue moon. By the way, it's interesting how much more polite old players are. Is it that all the cool people quit because of the lame guys or it's just that those old players grew up? :)

Wayne Brady :( 06-08-2011 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxx.. (Post 11550256)
What a accomplishment, you must be proud.

an *

Also, I've been to vietnam, does that count?

Jaxx.. 06-08-2011 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Brady :( (Post 11550735)
an *

Also, I've been to vietnam, does that count?

Yes. Its nice to go to a rat filled country which managed to destroy America in a war.

Tiny 06-08-2011 19:00

Think I started 1-2 years before my forum account was made... if that makes me veteran lol

~Rings 06-08-2011 20:08

I remember the days when you got killed in Twin City and if you got an elite anything it was cool. Took me 6 months to make level 60... And that was with an archer friend helping to level me. I started in May or June 2006

~Rings 06-08-2011 20:10

My very first ever DB I got was from Bandits at level 45 LOL and I ran all the way to my warehouse freaking out about getting killed for it... To this day...that was the only monster that ever dropped a DB for me LOL

Enia 06-08-2011 20:19

Hi. Vet. Thanks.

~Rings 06-08-2011 20:26

OH remember when you got killed in TC if people thought you were metting up your gears??? That sucked. And you had to remove your gears to do it! People would just sit there waiting for you to PK you and still your mets and the gear you were trying to level. God forbid you ever took a dragonball into twin city! remember when skills like superman didn't glow? You used to hit the skill and nothing magical happened, you just had to hit stuff and nothing glowed. I remember when sockets weren't even around. A socket... 1 socket was considered cool and no one knew how to do it LOL

Undertow 06-08-2011 20:36

Count me in.

Although I cannot remember how long I have played, it has been 5-6+ years?

The old days with crap-brown interface, slow jumps, and scattering all day in alien apes to level once or twice. I was so happy when I reached level 45 to get my unique one socket bow. Also remember the guild war map being different, along with market and other things. I remember people scamming with art money to buy characters LOL. Sadly I have no screenies of when this game was awesome.

Edit: I played AT LEAST 2 years before finding out about conquer forums lol.. So 05-06? Not as old as some :P

~Rings 06-08-2011 20:52

I don't know about other servers, but i remember the statue of Banks. He was a kid that died on our server and TQ placed a statue of Banks so he could be remembered. It was in the guild war area. They removed Banks awhile ago and many people are still upset over it.... Mostly old school players. BRING BANKS BACK!

Eurochic 06-09-2011 02:07

1 Attachment(s)
A screenie from my first server 2005 for the memorial of Snoakslady (Lilla) a forum mod who played on Phoenix Server. She was very young and died in a car crash.

Lots of people from different servers and mods came to pay there respects.

Dandan2 06-09-2011 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurochic (Post 11550997)
A screenie from my first server 2005 for the memorial of Snoakslady (Lilla) a forum mod who played on Phoenix Server. She was very young and died in a car crash.

I remember that =[ wasnt able to be online for that x_x

Do you by any change still have the logs of the speach her brother(?) gave?

Eurochic 06-09-2011 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dandan2 (Post 11550999)
I remember that =[ wasnt able to be online for that x_x

Do you by any change still have the logs of the speach her brother(?) gave?

No sorry I dont. Had a few PC changes since that sad occasion. I remember her in game hubby giving a speech and Ryee asking me if I wanted to say anything.

I was very much a noob then. I have a few more screenies of the memorial some where.

Infamous~ 06-09-2011 03:15

Quote:

LOL extreme make over:cool:

I'd tap that body fa sho now.

Jaxx.. 06-09-2011 07:25

Quote:

Christ, I know this sounds horrible of me, but all those people bowing to a little pixel character seems so...pathetic.

Doc.ackerson 06-09-2011 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Rings (Post 11550882)
I don't know about other servers, but i remember the statue of Banks. He was a kid that died on our server and TQ placed a statue of Banks so he could be remembered. It was in the guild war area. They removed Banks awhile ago and many people are still upset over it.... Mostly old school players. BRING BANKS BACK!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurochic (Post 11551001)
No sorry I dont. Had a few PC changes since that sad occasion. I remember her in game hubby giving a speech and Ryee asking me if I wanted to say anything.

I was very much a noob then. I have a few more screenies of the memorial some where.

I am older than most on this forum. Perhaps I pay closer attention than most to mortality and the humanity or lack of such by the players and TQ .

I kind of recognized the name SloaksLady (Li11a) , I looked it up. http://bbs.co.91.com/member.php?u=1320 . I did not know she had passed. It was just before I started play and many months before I started forum.

She only started 4 threads, and one was help guide with 80,000 views. http://bbs.co.91.com/search.php?searchid=2476252 That's why I remembered the name.

Another thread she started was a memorial thread about Nanya, who also was important in early CO. In that thread there is also a speech by Nanya's brother. The screenshots are gone from threads that old. Nanya also had a statue it seems. SloaksLady made this thread about 6 months before she died. It appears they both had car accidents maybe.

No statues anymore, no old screenshots; there is now less humanity from both the players and TQ.

TQ changed the game and now the game has a different type player base.

Jaxx.. 06-09-2011 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc.ackerson (Post 11551231)
I am older than most on this forum.

God I hate you. The way you act high and mighty on this forum...

Eurochic 06-09-2011 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc.ackerson (Post 11551231)
I am older than most on this forum. Perhaps I pay closer attention than most to mortality and the humanity or lack of such by the players and TQ .

I kind of recognized the name SloaksLady (Li11a) , I looked it up. http://bbs.co.91.com/member.php?u=1320 . I did not know she had passed. It was just before I started play and many months before I started forum.

She only started 4 threads, and one was help guide with 80,000 views. http://bbs.co.91.com/search.php?searchid=2476252 That's why I remembered the name.

Another thread she started was a memorial thread about Nanya, who also was important in early CO. In that thread there is also a speech by Nanya's brother. The screenshots are gone from threads that old. Nana also had a statue it seems. SloaksLady made this thread about 6 months before she died. It appears they both had car accidents maybe.

No statues anymore, no old screenshots; there is now less humanity from both the players and TQ.

TQ changed the game and now the game has a different type player base.

I think this is true to life in general these days.

One used to give and get respect, even to/from your fiercest enemy at GW. Even enemies wouldn***8217;t pk me outside of GW. Many of the characters of the game have gone and sadly with are left with the greedy and power hungry ones.

I have never and shall never lower myself to doing cool, waving or giving abuse to anyone I have just killed.

Maybe just maybe there are still some of us left and the forthcoming server transfer will bring us together.

ihud5 06-09-2011 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infamous~ (Post 11551031)
LOL extreme make over:cool:

I'd tap that body fa sho now.

LOL...damn now I feel bad for finding that comment rather funny.

Hebby 06-09-2011 11:45

Ive played since 2003 on the English Server (Server1/Dragon). It has been a few years :P

Hebby 06-09-2011 11:48

Quote:

I remember this, and also the memorial that took place for Nanya. There is a little newb sprite of me in that ss.

Dandan2 06-09-2011 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hebby (Post 11551620)
Ive played since 2003 on the English Server (Server1/Dragon). It has been a few years :P

hebby! you should know about the happenings listed above, no?

edit: nvm

Hebby 06-09-2011 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxx.. (Post 11551230)
Christ, I know this sounds horrible of me, but all those people bowing to a little pixel character seems so...pathetic.

Why is it pathetic? It was not the pixel character people were bowing to, rather a persona of a person that they came to know and were now showing remembrance for in the medium that they were introduce to her and developed friendships with....

Eurochic 06-09-2011 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hebby (Post 11551625)
Why is it pathetic? It was not the pixel character people were bowing to, rather a persona of a person that they came to know and were now showing remembrance for in the medium that they were introduce to her and developed friendships with....

In addition conquer has brought together two couples that are now married that I know of. Royalite and Timbo (OBMiT), and SmokeGfx and Cheeka.

So these little pixels can bring about happiness as well as sadness

Jaxx.. 06-09-2011 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hebby (Post 11551625)

I know I know but there's something quite sad about it. By sad I mean pathetic.

Gorax 06-09-2011 13:32

Answering the original question: I've been around since 2004 but quit periodically. By "quit" I mean stick my char in TG and forget about it.

I don't see why being a vet is that big of a deal, though. I mean, don't you have to quit for real if you ever hope to get any kind of veteran reward? :rolleyes:

But yeah, started out on Eagle, and went to Dream when Eagle split.

ihud5 06-09-2011 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clenk~V.13 (Post 11551695)
It is sad because no one knew her. For all we know she was a horrible person irl. For example, on mercury we had someone go away for 198 years for pedophilia and his friends were sad that he left.

lol awesome....do pedophiles talk any differently than other people?

Clenk~V.13 06-09-2011 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihud5 (Post 11551696)

In game no one knew. One of his rl friends who also played CO( I think he quit by now) was asked and he said it. Which resulted in a few people(not myself) looking it up. I couldn't stop laughing when I read it but hey I'm weird. But ya two girls under 14 in Texas. Each had a 99 year sentence. I remember his name strangely enough so I could find em again.

Cpt.Curtis 06-09-2011 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihud5 (Post 11551696)

He told me i was beautiful. ( I was on Mercury too)

Clenk~V.13 06-09-2011 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt.Curtis (Post 11551698)
He told me i was beautiful. ( I was on Mercury too)

You remember who I'm talking about? Its only been like a year and half since it happened but most already forgot him.

ihud5 06-09-2011 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clenk~V.13 (Post 11551697)
In game no one knew. One of his rl friends who also played CO( I think he quit by now) was asked and he said it. Which resulted in a few people(not myself) looking it up. I couldn't stop laughing when I read it but hey I'm weird. But ya two girls under 14 in Texas. Each had a 99 year sentence. I remember his name strangely enough so I could find em again.

wow...these girls were on co as well or this was outside of co? Did he try to pickup any kiddies from your server lol?