Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Community Forum (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Honestly something needs to be done about soul shackle (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=713435)

SwichB1ade 02-12-2011 19:42

Honestly something needs to be done about soul shackle

I know everyone here is probably groaning about the reoccurring theme of soul shackle complaints, but this is new. On titan the guild war is extremely one sided, but some people still show up. It is so one sided to the point that monks are now sitting in guild jail, killing people, and locking them in guild jail so they cannot leave and return to guild war. It is also to the point where even PK arena is dominated by the same guild, so you go in there, get teamed by 3 bulkers, and then get camped by a monk who keeps soul shackling you. Sometimes there isn't even a monk there, but they will call in a monk when you die to soul shackle you. But I guess this helps tq with the problem of complaints about overpowered classes in pvp, just make it so a class can block people from pvp. Way to go ****ing it up again tq.

Paper~DeidaraZ 02-12-2011 19:59

cool story bro

Gorax 02-12-2011 21:56

What happens if you relog?

IluminatI 02-12-2011 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorax (Post 11469020)
what happens if you relog?

i dunno
i have not tried it yet
ty

SwichB1ade 02-12-2011 22:54

idk, i was telling my dad to log off, but when you relog it takes a couple seconds for everything to show up and ****, and he prolly wouldve been killed again

andyliuandy 02-12-2011 22:59

learn how to counter, make ur own monk, relog, get more bp, kill the monk
all things that can be done, stop qqing and do it

gws are centered on pure monks now. u dont have one, enemy does, ur gna loose

IluminatI 02-12-2011 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyliuandy (Post 11469056)

lol yea
we (me) had all our strong eemies shackled for half the time

but i stopped using it the last 25 mins of GW and we won anyway. (this was so they woudnlt ***** about it)

SwichB1ade 02-12-2011 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyliuandy (Post 11469056)

and thats why all I ever do anymore is elite and team pk, because along with the already sucky guild wars, now i must level up another 2nd rb character. no thank you. Ill go play a shooter or play a guitar or something. Its just sorta upsetting seeing this game that used to be fun get sucky like this.

-and the ****ty players in this game sit around taunting you while they soul shackle you, prolly afraid that ur gunna spawn again

TheSeeeker 02-12-2011 23:41

As a pure ninja who listened to all of you whine about fog before refineries ...HA HA .

SwichB1ade 02-13-2011 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSeeeker (Post 11469080)
As a pure ninja who listened to all of you whine about fog before refineries ...HA HA .

yep and then tq is gunna come out with a new item/class that gets rid of soul shackles or something that puts another class at an uber advantage, its like a vicious circle....

On a cold and gray Chicago morning a poor little baby child is born in the ghetto...

IluminatI 02-13-2011 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwichB1ade (Post 11469086)
yep and then tq is gunna come out with a new item/class that gets rid of soul shackles or something that puts another class at an uber advantage, its like a vicious circle....

On a cold and gray Chicago morning a poor little baby child is born in the ghetto...

u gotta stay ahead of the game bro!

Paper~DeidaraZ 02-13-2011 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by IluminatI (Post 11469097)
u gotta stay ahead of the game bro!

damn.. i lost :(

Beyrone 02-13-2011 02:34

Soul shackle was a retarded skill to begin with, even since before it was released we could already that it would destroy certain aspects of the game, few bulker monks in Guildwar id say your pretty much done fighting at all.

andyliuandy 02-13-2011 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyrone (Post 11469132)
Soul shackle was a retarded skill to begin with, even since before it was released we could already that it would destroy certain aspects of the game, few bulker monks in Guildwar id say your pretty much done fighting at all.

few? all it takes is 1 bulked up monk to be able to shut out almost ANY 9 chars in gw that he wishes

only way to counter a monk is with another monk

metallica115 02-13-2011 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper~DeidaraZ (Post 11468963)
cool story bro

*~panda~* 02-13-2011 03:59

duh main reason people are quitting too. A skill that stops people from fighting? come on, a game is to have fun, not to make sure your opponents can never play again lol

saw it at another gw too. A monk shackling a guy inside the castle for 2 hours. **** isn't even fun like that lol

wolvesreign 02-13-2011 05:46

Yeah nothing more fun then getting into guild contest being radiant palmed then shackled for the duration. Die within 5 seconds of relogging. Loads of fun.

Beyrone 02-13-2011 06:23

TQ thinks its logical for players to whine about new updates and skills, but they dont see there are almost no other games with this much negativity around it.

yesumes 02-13-2011 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorax (Post 11469020)
What happens if you relog?

It's as if you relog as a ghost, I do it all the time outside of gws it's gotten to the point were now when a monk kills me I'm inda hoping they chain me.

A. they lose stamina to do so
B. I revive faster
C. the only cost is 2-3 pots and I have no issues with pots, infact the stamina they lose is more of a loss then my pots.

Belthazor 02-13-2011 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyrone (Post 11469132)
Soul shackle was a retarded skill to begin with, even since before it was released we could already that it would destroy certain aspects of the game

This, along with poison star and whirlwind kick. There should never be skills that limit/remove the most basic features of the game (i.e. reviving, potting, jumping).

Seppo 02-13-2011 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesumes (Post 11469289)
It's as if you relog as a ghost, I do it all the time outside of gws it's gotten to the point were now when a monk kills me I'm inda hoping they chain me.

B. I revive faster
C. the only cost is 2-3 pots and I have no issues with pots, infact the stamina they lose is more of a loss then my pots.

And you honestly dont think they can get back the stamina in the time you relog?

JonesI 02-13-2011 10:34

Other monks can remove shackle faster than a monk can recast it.
Your side is just too stupid to get some monks as well.

ZellJr 02-13-2011 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonesI (Post 11469334)

either that or those monks get killed too. and shackled as well lol.

SwichB1ade 02-13-2011 13:22

Quote:

it wouldnt matter if we did, 5 people vs 100 people will have the same outcome as 5 people + 2 monks vs 100 people. the only difference is with the monks we will still lose, but we will be able to spawn to be ganged by 3 bulkers again, instead of get ganged by 3 bulkers and be locked the whole guild war. The only winning move is not to play.

ihud5 02-13-2011 13:34

Quote:

andyliuandy 02-13-2011 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesumes (Post 11469289)

B. I revive faster

it doesnt take stamina to shackle, ur argument is invalid

Mr.Xen 02-13-2011 18:41

Poison star and whirlwind kick stun have their place in the game, poison star in my opinion is still the most OP skill in the game, luckily no one has common sense to use it. Whirlwind kick stun is not long at all, not even a full second despite the skill description. Its just a nice quick stun which is good in pvp, downside is it stuns the monk as well half the time.

As far as soul shackle...that IS a retarded skill. In my opinion it shouldn't have ever even been implemented, and should be straight removed from the game. I play a monk and I think this skill is retarded, unfun, and ridiculous.

Limiting a players ability to revive just takes away from the gameplay, a stupid skill that contributes nothing but frustration to pvp.

P.S. Soulshackle takes 0 mana and 0 stamina now. It can literally just be used on a whim freely, adding to its stupidity. If they decide to keep it in the game, they should make it cost 100 stamina, 1000 mana, and 50 % hp just to use, as well as stunning the monk using it for at least 1 second, but be less bp dependent.

This way its extremely costly to use (possibly causing your death in gw), but can still be useful on a mega bulker that just got downed.

*~panda~* 02-14-2011 01:23

no one knows it yet n I don't want people to know it but I'm going to tell it anyway. 6 stg monk-war-fire bulked up is the best combo atm :o hercs still hurt a lot of course but it depends on your jumping predictions then how far you'll get against a hercer. n if you get a reflect n **** ofc. can clear poison star & fog with serenity, put max **** on counteraction and pewpew you win

bOisOx 02-14-2011 02:51

cry..

Just go get a decent job and bulk. Crying won't help you get away from soul shackle! Retard.

andyliuandy 02-14-2011 03:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Xen (Post 11469624)
Poison star and whirlwind kick stun have their place in the game, poison star in my opinion is still the most OP skill in the game, luckily no one has common sense to use it. Whirlwind kick stun is not long at all, not even a full second despite the skill description. Its just a nice quick stun which is good in pvp, downside is it stuns the monk as well half the time.

wwk stuns the most just as much as casting fb/herc/zap/stig/shield and any other spell

andyliuandy 02-14-2011 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by *~panda~* (Post 11469750)
no one knows it yet n I don't want people to know it but I'm going to tell it anyway. 6 stg monk-war-fire bulked up is the best combo atm :o hercs still hurt a lot of course but it depends on your jumping predictions then how far you'll get against a hercer. n if you get a reflect n **** ofc. can clear poison star & fog with serenity, put max **** on counteraction and pewpew you win

but for every contest, you woudl have to jump around avoiding dying for 5 mins (15 for team)
i for one dont have the attention span to do that lol

Mr.Xen 02-14-2011 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyliuandy (Post 11469794)
wwk stuns the most just as much as casting fb/herc/zap/stig/shield and any other spell

It stuns more than any of those skills...lol. I think everyone agrees that it stuns the longest, but it only lasts like 0.75 seconds or so.

If you're talking about how long it stuns the caster, well its hit or miss. Sometimes you can wwk and run without stopping (if you click spam like a mofo just like trying to avoid nado), but when it does freeze you, you're stuck for longer than other skills.

But this is all off topic. Point is soul shackle is retarded.

Belthazor 02-14-2011 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Xen (Post 11469624)
Poison star and whirlwind kick stun have their place in the game, poison star in my opinion is still the most OP skill in the game, luckily no one has common sense to use it.

What is poison star's benefit to the game? I have never seen poison star used in a 1 on 1 situation where it would matter without it. Not saying no such situation exists but I've never seen it.

What I do see is disposable ninjas leeching clan bp to poison star and then fires/tros finishing the job. This is just my opinion but, even with monks, that does not seem to be a situation this game needs.

Downfall 02-14-2011 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belthazor (Post 11470339)
What is poison star's benefit to the game? I have never seen poison star used in a 1 on 1 situation where it would matter without it. Not saying no such situation exists but I've never seen it.

What I do see is disposable ninjas leeching clan bp to poison star and then fires/tros finishing the job. This is just my opinion but, even with monks, that does not seem to be a situation this game needs.

Did you not hear anything about the first WPKT?

Belthazor 02-15-2011 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Downfall (Post 11470342)
Did you not hear anything about the first WPKT?

It slipped my mind I guess because I don't see it in regular gameplay. Nonetheless, that char was, imo, built on several bug-turned-feature abuses. But fair point.

Mr.Xen 02-15-2011 13:50

You can poison star anyone within ~35 bp. Depending on your bp since its percentage based. I've calculated the average percent range of bp for poison star accuracy falloff is ~14 percent above your bp and below.

Its useful trust me. I wrecked people as a ninja with sword/club. Poison star an fb chain etc.

Tec-v.2 02-15-2011 14:13

If you want, I'll take your gear and chAr an teach them a lesson.