Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Community Forum (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Honestly something needs to be done about soul shackle (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=713435)

*~panda~* 02-13-2011 03:59

duh main reason people are quitting too. A skill that stops people from fighting? come on, a game is to have fun, not to make sure your opponents can never play again lol

saw it at another gw too. A monk shackling a guy inside the castle for 2 hours. **** isn't even fun like that lol

wolvesreign 02-13-2011 05:46

Yeah nothing more fun then getting into guild contest being radiant palmed then shackled for the duration. Die within 5 seconds of relogging. Loads of fun.

Beyrone 02-13-2011 06:23

TQ thinks its logical for players to whine about new updates and skills, but they dont see there are almost no other games with this much negativity around it.

yesumes 02-13-2011 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorax (Post 11469020)
What happens if you relog?

It's as if you relog as a ghost, I do it all the time outside of gws it's gotten to the point were now when a monk kills me I'm inda hoping they chain me.

A. they lose stamina to do so
B. I revive faster
C. the only cost is 2-3 pots and I have no issues with pots, infact the stamina they lose is more of a loss then my pots.

Belthazor 02-13-2011 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyrone (Post 11469132)
Soul shackle was a retarded skill to begin with, even since before it was released we could already that it would destroy certain aspects of the game

This, along with poison star and whirlwind kick. There should never be skills that limit/remove the most basic features of the game (i.e. reviving, potting, jumping).

Seppo 02-13-2011 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesumes (Post 11469289)
It's as if you relog as a ghost, I do it all the time outside of gws it's gotten to the point were now when a monk kills me I'm inda hoping they chain me.

B. I revive faster
C. the only cost is 2-3 pots and I have no issues with pots, infact the stamina they lose is more of a loss then my pots.

And you honestly dont think they can get back the stamina in the time you relog?

JonesI 02-13-2011 10:34

Other monks can remove shackle faster than a monk can recast it.
Your side is just too stupid to get some monks as well.

ZellJr 02-13-2011 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonesI (Post 11469334)

either that or those monks get killed too. and shackled as well lol.

SwichB1ade 02-13-2011 13:22

Quote:

it wouldnt matter if we did, 5 people vs 100 people will have the same outcome as 5 people + 2 monks vs 100 people. the only difference is with the monks we will still lose, but we will be able to spawn to be ganged by 3 bulkers again, instead of get ganged by 3 bulkers and be locked the whole guild war. The only winning move is not to play.

ihud5 02-13-2011 13:34

Quote:

andyliuandy 02-13-2011 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesumes (Post 11469289)

B. I revive faster

it doesnt take stamina to shackle, ur argument is invalid

Mr.Xen 02-13-2011 18:41

Poison star and whirlwind kick stun have their place in the game, poison star in my opinion is still the most OP skill in the game, luckily no one has common sense to use it. Whirlwind kick stun is not long at all, not even a full second despite the skill description. Its just a nice quick stun which is good in pvp, downside is it stuns the monk as well half the time.

As far as soul shackle...that IS a retarded skill. In my opinion it shouldn't have ever even been implemented, and should be straight removed from the game. I play a monk and I think this skill is retarded, unfun, and ridiculous.

Limiting a players ability to revive just takes away from the gameplay, a stupid skill that contributes nothing but frustration to pvp.

P.S. Soulshackle takes 0 mana and 0 stamina now. It can literally just be used on a whim freely, adding to its stupidity. If they decide to keep it in the game, they should make it cost 100 stamina, 1000 mana, and 50 % hp just to use, as well as stunning the monk using it for at least 1 second, but be less bp dependent.

This way its extremely costly to use (possibly causing your death in gw), but can still be useful on a mega bulker that just got downed.

*~panda~* 02-14-2011 01:23

no one knows it yet n I don't want people to know it but I'm going to tell it anyway. 6 stg monk-war-fire bulked up is the best combo atm :o hercs still hurt a lot of course but it depends on your jumping predictions then how far you'll get against a hercer. n if you get a reflect n **** ofc. can clear poison star & fog with serenity, put max **** on counteraction and pewpew you win

bOisOx 02-14-2011 02:51

cry..

Just go get a decent job and bulk. Crying won't help you get away from soul shackle! Retard.

andyliuandy 02-14-2011 03:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Xen (Post 11469624)
Poison star and whirlwind kick stun have their place in the game, poison star in my opinion is still the most OP skill in the game, luckily no one has common sense to use it. Whirlwind kick stun is not long at all, not even a full second despite the skill description. Its just a nice quick stun which is good in pvp, downside is it stuns the monk as well half the time.

wwk stuns the most just as much as casting fb/herc/zap/stig/shield and any other spell