Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Emerald/Sapphire (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Religion (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=669272)

ChaoticArcher 03-04-2010 09:21

Religion

let the fun start:D

BuddhaIncarnate 03-04-2010 13:35

In before Chaos looks like an...

Oops.

ChaoticArcher 03-04-2010 15:07

i was expecting a buddhist post...you disapoint me, sir

Arronax 03-04-2010 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticArcher (Post 11012769)
i was expecting a buddhist post...you disapoint me, sir

Buddha isn't a buddhist. Just like god isn't christian \ muslim \ jewish.

Ryuzaki 03-04-2010 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11012960)

That is correct, I do not belong to any of those.

Stiggy~V.18 03-05-2010 03:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11012960)

*psst* Buddha isn't a god. Buddha was actually the guy who set up Buddhism, and first began teaching it. So he was Buddhist, just like how priests are Christian, and rabbis are Jewish.

Buddha wasn't actually his name though, but I didn't know that 'til I verified what I already knew on Wikipedia. Which was that Buddhism doesn't gave a 'god' as such.

CheekyPunk27 03-05-2010 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy~V.18 (Post 11013324)
*psst* Buddha isn't a god. Buddha was actually the guy who set up Buddhism, and first began teaching it. So he was Buddhist, just like how priests are Christian, and rabbis are Jewish.

Buddha wasn't actually his name though, but I didn't know that 'til I verified what I already knew on Wikipedia. Which was that Buddhism doesn't gave a 'god' as such.

Isn't Buddha's real name Neo?

Arronax 03-05-2010 04:24

Quote:

'in some streams of Mahayana Buddhism Gautama Buddha is worshipped as 'an omnipotent divinity endowed with numerous supernatural attributes and qualities' ~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism

Even though it's obvious that I wasn't paying much attention to what I was writing in my previous post, I'll stick by it and pretend that it was those certain streams of mahayana buddhism I was talking about.

;)

BuddhaIncarnate 03-05-2010 07:49

Quote:

Buddhism is the following of the teachings of Buddha.

Following One's self will only lead to walking in circles :cool:

I am the leader of my people, and they seek enlightenment that my teachings can grant.

Stiggy~V.18 03-06-2010 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11013376)
'in some streams of Mahayana Buddhism Gautama Buddha is worshipped as 'an omnipotent divinity endowed with numerous supernatural attributes and qualities' ~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism

Even though it's obvious that I wasn't paying much attention to what I was writing in my previous post, I'll stick by it and pretend that it was those certain streams of mahayana buddhism I was talking about.

;)

Well they're just idiots :D

|A|a|r|O|N| 03-06-2010 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 (Post 11013362)
Isn't Buddha's real name Neo?

or is it Siddhartha Gautama Buddha?

Arronax 03-06-2010 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by |A|a|r|O|N| (Post 11015835)

no, I'm pretty sure buddhas name is MasterFletch.

~YoShI~ V.7 03-06-2010 21:50

Agnostic.

CheekyPunk27 03-06-2010 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by |A|a|r|O|N| (Post 11015835)

I think you will find that it was, in fact, Neo.

:p

BuddhaIncarnate 03-07-2010 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 (Post 11015978)
I think you will find that it was, in fact, Neo.

:p

I killed Keanu Reeves to become Buddha. My name is Fletcher.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

Snyder 03-07-2010 11:50

I expected a lot of religion is bull**** posts by now. There goes my lost faith in mankind....

Arronax 03-07-2010 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snyder (Post 11016561)
I expected a lot of religion is bull**** posts by now. There goes my lost faith in mankind....

huh?

Snyder 03-07-2010 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11016566)
huh?

What's the reason for your confusion? As i said i was expecting people to start posting that religion is bull****. And since it didn't see any posts like it, i need to think about getting some faith in mankind again.

Arronax 03-07-2010 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snyder (Post 11016577)
What's the reason for your confusion? As i said i was expecting people to start posting that religion is bull****. And since it didn't see any posts like it, i need to think about getting some faith in mankind again.

Well, I would've posted that, but since it's pretty much common knowledge that religion is bull****, I didn't.

I see now that that's not the case, so here I go:

religion is bull****!

Snyder 03-07-2010 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11016583)
Well, I would've posted that, but since it's pretty much common knowledge that religion is bull****, I didn't.

I see now that that's not the case, so here I go:

religion is bull****!

As expected, from humanity. I feel like im on earth again.

ChaoticArcher 03-07-2010 15:20

religion is like santa...
they make ignorants believe a rumor with the hope that they will act better but both fail once you realise its bull****

Dex3 03-07-2010 16:36

I went to church for the first time today with my girlfriend...

ChaoticArcher 03-07-2010 17:57

i listen to my ipod in church..i go once a year lol

Arronax 03-07-2010 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticArcher (Post 11016784)
they make ignorants believe a rumor with the hope that they will act better but both fail once you realise its bull****

That doesn't make any sense at all. Just how stupid are you?

If anything, religion is like a blanket that weak people draw over their head when the harsh reality of the world is too much to handle. "God works in mysterious ways" .. "it's gods will, and he has a plan" if something bad happens. "It's a miracle!".. "thank you god for making this happen" etc when something good happens.

Both santa and religion are fairytales. There is a huge difference though: Noone but small children actually believe in santa. And believing in santa never led to mass murders, persecution, torture and so on. (as far as I know, at least.)

And as far as I know, the story about santaclaus wasn't invented in order to control people and steal their money.

:rolleyes:

CheekyPunk27 03-08-2010 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11017045)
And believing in santa never led to mass murders, persecution, torture and so on. (as far as I know, at least.)

And as far as I know, the story about santaclaus wasn't invented in order to control people and steal their money.

:rolleyes:

here we go!

1. There are many atrocities religious people have commited, likewise, the non-religious people. The common factor is people.

2. Certainly, santa wasn't. Definitely Scientology. A certain religion I am thinking about ($100 to the person who gets it right) survived a few centuries of persecution and attempts to cut it off, before it gained popularity and power. Certainly, people may have abused this popularity for control and money. Again, people are the common factor. But certainly not, was it 'invented' for this purpose.

Thus, I conclude that people are the main problem.

CheekyPunk27 03-08-2010 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticArcher (Post 11016784)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticArcher (Post 11017011)
i listen to my ipod in church..i go once a year lol

ahh, the non-ignorant, ignoring people's views ;)

Arronax 03-08-2010 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 (Post 11017507)
here we go!

1. There are many atrocities religious people have commited, likewise, the non-religious people. The common factor is people.

2. Certainly, santa wasn't. Definitely Scientology. A certain religion I am thinking about ($100 to the person who gets it right) survived a few centuries of persecution and attempts to cut it off, before it gained popularity and power. Certainly, people may have abused this popularity for control and money. Again, people are the common factor. But certainly not, was it 'invented' for this purpose.

Thus, I conclude that people are the main problem.

Well, people are the ones that wrote the bible too, are they not? The book in which all the fairytales you believe in are gathered?

Some of them were written down several hundred years after 'messiah' supposedly existed.. by people, that is?

People are also the ones that have altered this book of fairytales across centuries to fit their own schemes, in order to more effectively oppress people and do whatever they see fit?

At this point in time, you have no proper way of knowing which of the fairytales are 'authentic' (if any of them ever even were) and which of them are altered to the point of being irrelevant?

Yet you believe in these fairytales, which have been altered by people. Funny isn't it.

ChaoticArcher 03-08-2010 11:22

arronax is a retarded european that makes no sense and i believe im an ALL-arround better person then him..of course santa can be linked to religion (yes its a money scam) but it also is a way for parents to control their childs behavior the same way religion is used to control people(the santa is less massive since everyone finds out eventualy and kids cant blow up towers)

also i find it funny when religious people cry when schools force them to watch Charles Darwin movies

Ryuzaki 03-08-2010 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticArcher (Post 11018029)
arronax is a retarded european that makes no sense and i believe im an ALL-arround better person then him..of course santa can be linked to religion (yes its a money scam) but it also is a way for parents to control their childs behavior the same way religion is used to control people(the santa is less massive since everyone finds out eventualy and kids cant blow up towers)

also i find it funny when religious people cry when schools force them to watch Charles Darwin movies

You might be a nicer, more kind person than Arronax, if that's what you mean by a better person, but no one on forums can say that for sure, because no ones knows both you and Arronax in person. But, what we all can conclude for certain is that he is far smarter than you are.

CheekyPunk27 03-08-2010 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11017917)
Some of them were written down several hundred years after 'messiah' supposedly existed.. by people, that is?

Examples or evidence? I know you are intelligent, and I respect your opinion, but there are a lot of lies on the internet ;)

Quote:

People are also the ones that have altered this book of fairytales across centuries to fit their own schemes, in order to more effectively oppress people and do whatever they see fit?
Again, apart from yours and others opinion, the evidence for this is not very much.

Snyder 03-08-2010 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11017917)
Well, people are the ones that wrote the bible too, are they not? The book in which all the fairytales you believe in are gathered?

At this point in time, you have no proper way of knowing which of the fairytales are 'authentic' (if any of them ever even were) and which of them are altered to the point of being irrelevant?

Yet you believe in these fairytales, which have been altered by people. Funny isn't it.

Well techincally they held the pen, but they didnt write the words. And i have yet to read about a get rich scheme in it. As for noah ark and moses parting the sea they have all been proven as fact. At least those two i know of.

Arronax 03-08-2010 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuzaki (Post 11018053)
You might be a nicer, more kind person than Arronax, if that's what you mean by a better person, but no one on forums can say that for sure, because no ones knows both you and Arronax in person. But, what we all can conclude for certain is that he is far smarter than you are.

Would you believe me if I said I'm the nicest guy around irl? :<

Arronax 03-08-2010 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 (Post 11018133)
Examples or evidence? I know you are intelligent, and I respect your opinion, but there are a lot of lies on the internet ;)

Again, apart from yours and others opinion, the evidence for this is not very much.

There are a lot of lies on the internet, that's true.

[this part is directed both at mitsu and snyder:]You don't have to search very far to find examples of people exploiting christianity for their own benefit. An example of this is purgatory. I'm not sure how catholics do it nowadays, but historically you had to pay the church to be able to pass by purgatory :) Else you would suffer eternally blahblah.

Since we're at it, I'm curious of a few things:

Why does evil exist? Why does hell 'exist'? Why did god put the apple tree in the garden of evil (the one adam and eve went omnomnom @)

And what I wonder the most: Why do christians cringe whenever you mention the old testament? Is it not part of the bible? Who are WE to decide which parts of the bible we want to follow and not? =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snyder (Post 11018150)
Well techincally they held the pen, but they didnt write the words. And i have yet to read about a get rich scheme in it. As for noah ark and moses parting the sea they have all been proven as fact. At least those two i know of.

The authenticity of 'miracles' is beyond the scope of what I intended to discuss, but if you insist:

Gief proof that any miracles have ever happened~

And you don't seriously believe that the words that you find in the bible today are the same as the ones that were once written down in the "first bible" ? If you do, you're too stupid to bother conversing with.

BuddhaIncarnate 03-08-2010 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11018293)
There are a lot of lies on the internet, that's true.

[this part is directed both at mitsu and snyder:]You don't have to search very far to find examples of people exploiting christianity for their own benefit. An example of this is purgatory. I'm not sure how catholics do it nowadays, but historically you had to pay the church to be able to pass by purgatory :) Else you would suffer eternally blahblah.

Since we're at it, I'm curious of a few things:

Why does evil exist? Why does hell 'exist'? Why did god put the apple tree in the garden of evil (the one adam and eve went omnomnom @)

And what I wonder the most: Why do christians cringe whenever you mention the old testament? Is it not part of the bible? Who are WE to decide which parts of the bible we want to follow and not? =)

The authenticity of 'miracles' is beyond the scope of what I intended to discuss, but if you insist:

Gief proof that any miracles have ever happened~

And you don't seriously believe that the words that you find in the bible today are the same as the ones that were once written down in the "first bible" ? If you do, you're too stupid to bother conversing with.

I've explained the Old Testament as it pertains to Christians.

I claim it is a history of the Jews, leading up to Jesus's birth.

You then try to make Deuteronomy relevant by saying Jesus came to complete the Law.

The law is that all sin is punishable by death. Death is separation from God. Jesus fulfilled the law by taking on our sins, so that we don't have to be separated from God with our sins. We may die of the flesh, but we don't have to die spiritually.

That is the Christian viewpoint.

As to the apple, God granted Humans freewill.

How can you make the right decision if you can't make the wrong one?

God wants Humans to choose him.

UltimateBuzz 03-08-2010 15:10

One word to yaŽll. GET A ****ING LIFE :D

Arronax 03-08-2010 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatebuzz (Post 11018344)
one word to yaŽll. Get a ****ing life :d

mrrrrrrrrrrgllllllllllllllllllllll.

Ryuzaki 03-08-2010 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11018243)
Would you believe me if I said I'm the nicest guy around irl? :<

No, but I also wouldn't doubt it.

Arronax 03-08-2010 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddhaIncarnate (Post 11018312)
I've explained the Old Testament as it pertains to Christians.

I claim it is a history of the Jews, leading up to Jesus's birth.

You then try to make Deuteronomy relevant by saying Jesus came to complete the Law.

The law is that all sin is punishable by death. Death is separation from God. Jesus fulfilled the law by taking on our sins, so that we don't have to be separated from God with our sins. We may die of the flesh, but we don't have to die spiritually.

That is the Christian viewpoint.

As to the apple, God granted Humans freewill.

How can you make the right decision if you can't make the wrong one?

God wants Humans to choose him.

God wants humans to choose him, but if they DON'T choose him, they get to suffer eternally. Doesn't really sound like much of a fair choice to me.

Why insist on letting people decide for themselves whether or not they believe that he exists? The ONLY thing we have to go on is the bible. Nothing else. Why allow us to suffer so much in life, and then let us suffer even more in the afterlife just because we didn't accept something that clearly has been written down by man in pretty much a fairytale format?

Being the best human possible, as in being kind, giving, not greedy, not a murderer, not a liar, cheater etc isn't enough to be saved from something that god himself allows to exist? Sounds fairly retarded if you ask me.. ^^

If it's about believing, why the **** not make it a bit easier to believe? Why allow so many reasons for doubt to exist? .. Does he WANT half(?) of the population of earth to suffer in hell eternally? If so, how is this god of yours a good god exactly. :/

ChaoticArcher 03-08-2010 17:58

thats what i like about Syd, he never has a pre-chosen opinion he choses whatever is logic and seems right to him whatever the situation is even if it backfired for me in this case

PS~ good job on making the thread real nice & give me evidence of a magical fairy with a beard living in the clouds plz

Arronax 03-08-2010 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticArcher (Post 11018555)
thats what i like about Syd, he never has a pre-chosen opinion he choses whatever is logic and seems right to him whatever the situation is even if it backfired for me in this case

PS~ good job on making the thread real nice & give me evidence of a magical fairy with a beard living in the clouds plz

You're so stupid it's almost not even funny.