Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Emerald/Sapphire (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Religion (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=669272)

Snyder 03-07-2010 11:50

I expected a lot of religion is bull**** posts by now. There goes my lost faith in mankind....

Arronax 03-07-2010 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snyder (Post 11016561)
I expected a lot of religion is bull**** posts by now. There goes my lost faith in mankind....

huh?

Snyder 03-07-2010 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11016566)
huh?

What's the reason for your confusion? As i said i was expecting people to start posting that religion is bull****. And since it didn't see any posts like it, i need to think about getting some faith in mankind again.

Arronax 03-07-2010 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snyder (Post 11016577)
What's the reason for your confusion? As i said i was expecting people to start posting that religion is bull****. And since it didn't see any posts like it, i need to think about getting some faith in mankind again.

Well, I would've posted that, but since it's pretty much common knowledge that religion is bull****, I didn't.

I see now that that's not the case, so here I go:

religion is bull****!

Snyder 03-07-2010 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11016583)
Well, I would've posted that, but since it's pretty much common knowledge that religion is bull****, I didn't.

I see now that that's not the case, so here I go:

religion is bull****!

As expected, from humanity. I feel like im on earth again.

ChaoticArcher 03-07-2010 15:20

religion is like santa...
they make ignorants believe a rumor with the hope that they will act better but both fail once you realise its bull****

Dex3 03-07-2010 16:36

I went to church for the first time today with my girlfriend...

ChaoticArcher 03-07-2010 17:57

i listen to my ipod in church..i go once a year lol

Arronax 03-07-2010 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticArcher (Post 11016784)
they make ignorants believe a rumor with the hope that they will act better but both fail once you realise its bull****

That doesn't make any sense at all. Just how stupid are you?

If anything, religion is like a blanket that weak people draw over their head when the harsh reality of the world is too much to handle. "God works in mysterious ways" .. "it's gods will, and he has a plan" if something bad happens. "It's a miracle!".. "thank you god for making this happen" etc when something good happens.

Both santa and religion are fairytales. There is a huge difference though: Noone but small children actually believe in santa. And believing in santa never led to mass murders, persecution, torture and so on. (as far as I know, at least.)

And as far as I know, the story about santaclaus wasn't invented in order to control people and steal their money.

:rolleyes:

CheekyPunk27 03-08-2010 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11017045)
And believing in santa never led to mass murders, persecution, torture and so on. (as far as I know, at least.)

And as far as I know, the story about santaclaus wasn't invented in order to control people and steal their money.

:rolleyes:

here we go!

1. There are many atrocities religious people have commited, likewise, the non-religious people. The common factor is people.

2. Certainly, santa wasn't. Definitely Scientology. A certain religion I am thinking about ($100 to the person who gets it right) survived a few centuries of persecution and attempts to cut it off, before it gained popularity and power. Certainly, people may have abused this popularity for control and money. Again, people are the common factor. But certainly not, was it 'invented' for this purpose.

Thus, I conclude that people are the main problem.

CheekyPunk27 03-08-2010 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticArcher (Post 11016784)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticArcher (Post 11017011)
i listen to my ipod in church..i go once a year lol

ahh, the non-ignorant, ignoring people's views ;)

Arronax 03-08-2010 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyPunk27 (Post 11017507)
here we go!

1. There are many atrocities religious people have commited, likewise, the non-religious people. The common factor is people.

2. Certainly, santa wasn't. Definitely Scientology. A certain religion I am thinking about ($100 to the person who gets it right) survived a few centuries of persecution and attempts to cut it off, before it gained popularity and power. Certainly, people may have abused this popularity for control and money. Again, people are the common factor. But certainly not, was it 'invented' for this purpose.

Thus, I conclude that people are the main problem.

Well, people are the ones that wrote the bible too, are they not? The book in which all the fairytales you believe in are gathered?

Some of them were written down several hundred years after 'messiah' supposedly existed.. by people, that is?

People are also the ones that have altered this book of fairytales across centuries to fit their own schemes, in order to more effectively oppress people and do whatever they see fit?

At this point in time, you have no proper way of knowing which of the fairytales are 'authentic' (if any of them ever even were) and which of them are altered to the point of being irrelevant?

Yet you believe in these fairytales, which have been altered by people. Funny isn't it.

ChaoticArcher 03-08-2010 11:22

arronax is a retarded european that makes no sense and i believe im an ALL-arround better person then him..of course santa can be linked to religion (yes its a money scam) but it also is a way for parents to control their childs behavior the same way religion is used to control people(the santa is less massive since everyone finds out eventualy and kids cant blow up towers)

also i find it funny when religious people cry when schools force them to watch Charles Darwin movies

Ryuzaki 03-08-2010 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticArcher (Post 11018029)
arronax is a retarded european that makes no sense and i believe im an ALL-arround better person then him..of course santa can be linked to religion (yes its a money scam) but it also is a way for parents to control their childs behavior the same way religion is used to control people(the santa is less massive since everyone finds out eventualy and kids cant blow up towers)

also i find it funny when religious people cry when schools force them to watch Charles Darwin movies

You might be a nicer, more kind person than Arronax, if that's what you mean by a better person, but no one on forums can say that for sure, because no ones knows both you and Arronax in person. But, what we all can conclude for certain is that he is far smarter than you are.

CheekyPunk27 03-08-2010 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arronax (Post 11017917)
Some of them were written down several hundred years after 'messiah' supposedly existed.. by people, that is?

Examples or evidence? I know you are intelligent, and I respect your opinion, but there are a lot of lies on the internet ;)

Quote:

People are also the ones that have altered this book of fairytales across centuries to fit their own schemes, in order to more effectively oppress people and do whatever they see fit?
Again, apart from yours and others opinion, the evidence for this is not very much.