Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Community Forum (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Katana's Or Blades (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=686470)

Dragon Guardian 06-05-2010 23:03

Katana's Or Blades

I'm a what some people call me a Trojan Ninja (Pure Ninja but yours blades) But I ahve been looking into katana. I just want other options before I waste DBS on something. Katana's have a big gap of attack but has a great chacne of One shoting and you can melee after a TwoFold. Blades, I usually hit peopel with higher BP then I but takes me a bit. Any outside opinions?

KinGSh*T 06-05-2010 23:11

There was a time when fb dominated, but now its pretty much followkill hax, so i say katana, more damage and more opportunities to strike, however dont count on using melee too much, a well built character is virtually immune to melee.

KamikazeThor 06-06-2010 05:55

If you enjoy fb/ssing, katanas will get old pretty fast. If you just wanna go for a quick kill then they are better, i guess. I have fixed nix and 2fb kind of stuns me, but there is a reliable counter-action: if you zap the ninja with kats you will land melee hits easily. If you are a very good fb/sser also, you can manage to kill it without the zapping, but it is definetely harder than just 2fb.

gotcha 06-06-2010 06:08

Remember also that katanas have a huge range difference on the min and max damage and the min damage seems to go off way way way more then the max damage which brings the damage more in par with a tro damage.

I use katanas for GW and serious duels when needed. I use a lvl 5 sword and lvl 1 LB for my fbing fun and to keep my interest since tfb takes nowhere near the skill lvl that fb/ss has. Thats me though. If you want the best chance to 1 hit a player go tfb. Remember, although, that tfb requires real good ping/fps to really shine. Without real good ping/fps you are better getting good with fb/ss IMO and using that.

I also have fixed nix with sword, blade and katana proff fixed also which makes it fun to switch it up and play around.

ChaoticArcher 06-06-2010 11:29

tfb is 130% damage...what more needs to be said?

>LINK<!! 06-06-2010 15:07

TFB has a 100% hit rate if you are close bp, it does 130% dmg. And the range is pretty big. And TFB bot is hard to report, could easily bot forever with it and people can only whine and do nothing about it.

ChaoticArcher 06-06-2010 17:26

for a person that can handle any class easily...more damage can only be good

Dragon Guardian 06-07-2010 04:53

My Ping is 50-150, and my Fps is alwasy 39-40. So I'm already good with fbing, just When I face ninja's with katana's or watch them. It seem so slow, but when it hits, it hits hard.

Dragon Guardian 06-07-2010 05:01

Also I know that if I use Katana's, that I'll ahve low Hp. I have seen some, not alot, of ninjas that put STG (Blessing Gems) In 1-2 of their sockets. Does that help greatly or just a little?

gotcha 06-07-2010 05:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Guardian (Post 11181984)
My Ping is 50-150, and my Fps is alwasy 39-40. So I'm already good with fbing, just When I face ninja's with katana's or watch them. It seem so slow, but when it hits, it hits hard.

Katanas as stated above have 130% damage. Min side of damage hits a lot more then max side yet in this game damage is king.

Your ping is plenty low enough to not have issues with TFB so you should rape everyone in general and when you are FBing if you choose to go that path against a good TFB ninja you just have to set the ninja up more in the jump patterns so you do not get tagged by TFB thats all.

On a side note: Katanas and TFB's rule if you are working on points and killing lavas for the sub class points. FS is pure pwnage on the lavas over the damage everyone else is doing and if you have top gears FS takes out a lava in around 30 - 35 seconds so points add up faster then dragon killing if the lavas are spawning :)

Huseby v.2 06-07-2010 07:36

tfb is borring.

Lim-light 06-07-2010 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huseby v.2 (Post 11182099)
tfb is borring but it gets the job done.

*Fixed

~Nia~ 06-07-2010 19:30

tfb still sucks against fires =3

seems lately that the only thing that gets me in arena is poison zap crap x.x either that or when i come up against a better geared fire than myself :x

TheChampion 06-07-2010 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Nia~ (Post 11183225)
tfb still sucks against fires =3

not at all... a skilled fire will never beat a skilled ninja with equal gear.

anyway I can go club/sword on a tro and kat/kat on a ninja without losing any BP whenever I want. they're rank 3/4 on nobility so I can trade them off the king spot and I've also got perm dragonsouls on all 4 of those weapons so no problem :p. atm the ninja doesn't even need the +12s on it, 352 BP with 55k attack and 50% breakthrough. even 360+ bp players don't last longer than a second or two against it ;D

kats and TFB are OP so go for them unless you're an amazing ss'er like myself ;)

~Nia~ 06-08-2010 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChampion (Post 11183256)
not at all... a skilled fire will never beat a skilled ninja with equal gear.

anyway I can go club/sword on a tro and kat/kat on a ninja without losing any BP whenever I want. they're rank 3/4 on nobility so I can trade them off the king spot and I've also got perm dragonsouls on all 4 of those weapons so no problem :p. atm the ninja doesn't even need the +12s on it, 352 BP with 55k attack and 50% breakthrough. even 360+ bp players don't last longer than a second or two against it ;D

kats and TFB are OP so go for them unless you're an amazing ss'er like myself ;)

lol i guess none of the ninjas on SW are skilled then