Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG

Conquer Online Forum - Free Kung Fu MMORPG (http://bbs.co.99.com/index.php)
-   Community Forum (http://bbs.co.99.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How much rep/nep do you have? (http://bbs.co.99.com/showthread.php?t=403676)

bone-you~v.19 12-09-2007 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecuh (Post 6963910)
That's what she says.

I'm confused over the logic of control TQ and mods put over this forum.

I've run forums for years now so I know about the feeling of when someone misbehaves on the forum and evades every possible ban... but seriously. What am I doing so wrong that requires 19 bans xD I only misbehave because I get banned :P my first ban wasn't even fair and so shall the cycle be sparked. Anyway.. just seems pointless to me. I get banned, remake a new account, get banned, remake new account, get ip banned, switch computers, etc etc. lol.

If I had myself to control on my own forum, I'd let "myself" stay as at least I can provide a decent conversation for myself :P At least I'm not like the retards that can't even type out a proper sentence xD

Tecuh 12-09-2007 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by bone-you~v.19 (Post 6963922)
I'm confused over the logic of control TQ and mods put over this forum.

I've run forums for years now so I know about the feeling of when someone misbehaves on the forum and evades every possible ban... but seriously. What am I doing so wrong that requires 19 bans xD I only misbehave because I get banned :P my first ban wasn't even fair and so shall the cycle be sparked. Anyway.. just seems pointless to me. I get banned, remake a new account, get banned, remake new account, get ip banned, switch computers, etc etc. lol.

Lol

kingjr1992 12-09-2007 06:23

19583

Winddancer 12-09-2007 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by bone-you~v.19 (Post 6963922)
I'm confused over the logic of control TQ and mods put over this forum.

I've run forums for years now so I know about the feeling of when someone misbehaves on the forum and evades every possible ban... but seriously. What am I doing so wrong that requires 19 bans xD I only misbehave because I get banned :P my first ban wasn't even fair and so shall the cycle be sparked. Anyway.. just seems pointless to me. I get banned, remake a new account, get banned, remake new account, get ip banned, switch computers, etc etc. lol.

If I had myself to control on my own forum, I'd let "myself" stay as at least I can provide a decent conversation for myself :P At least I'm not like the retards that can't even type out a proper sentence xD

Instead of choosing the moronic way of dealing with it, why didnt you contact the admin and have them review your ban again?

Tecuh 12-09-2007 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winddancer (Post 6963937)
Instead of choosing the moronic way of dealing with it, why didnt you contact the admin and have them review your ban again?

It should be the other way around. Moderators should think carefully through who and what for are they actually banning instead of sharing infractions and deleting posts like crazy for no reason whenever they're feeling bad because their boyfriends have left them or something.

Winddancer 12-09-2007 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecuh (Post 6963941)
It should be the other way around. Moderators should think carefully through who and what for are they actually banning instead of sharing infractions and deleting posts like crazy for no reason whenever they're feeling bad because their boyfriends have left them or something.

We do, but obviously most posters just dont know when to stop, despite the numerous warnings first.

bone-you~v.19 12-09-2007 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winddancer (Post 6963937)
Instead of choosing the moronic way of dealing with it, why didnt you contact the admin and have them review your ban again?

lol because I no longer played anyway. Plus, my original account was of no significant importance. I didn't post very often. At first, it was just to mess around with some of the mods. Royalite and Gina specifically.. but they've both stepped down it looks like :( more so recently it's just to annoy you because of the way you moderate. Moronic way? Eh, to some maybe. The only BAD thing I really do is post a link to my server and epvp.. and the epvp thing was only as of v18. That and I GUESS bypassing filter. But that's such a horrible thing right? Maybe if you didn't do things such as removing completely legit posts and threads people wouldn't want to annoy you so much :P I went 4 months without a single ban because <3 gina and royalite. I didn't want to annoy them because they were nice x.x then you stepped in. When did you start infracting me? I think your infractions account for most of my bans to date. I even had 300 infractions on a single account. You guys are by far too mod happy. Step it down a notch. You'll get more cooperation when you're willing to bend a bit. If you won't bend, people will try to break you. If you bend, less will attempt to make you snap :P metaphorically speaking.

Durant 12-09-2007 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecuh (Post 6963941)
It should be the other way around. Moderators should think carefully through who and what for are they actually banning instead of sharing infractions and deleting posts like crazy for no reason whenever they're feeling bad because their boyfriends have left them or something.

Actually its posters who should consider what they post while they are on the forums. The rules are above, all us mods are here to do is enforce those rules and keep the forum safe for all to view.

As for deletions and infractions mods have that authority once your post is against the rules and you get out of line. Not for what you may believe...

Tecuh 12-09-2007 06:36

Seriously. Stop deleting this post and answer me.
What had that post to do with spam?

Winddancer 12-09-2007 06:38

Many have tried, I am still here arent I? You fail to remember we have mass delete, its just a few clicks with a button now.

And Royal is still here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecuh (Post 6963962)
Seriously. Stop deleting this post and answer me.
What had that post to do with spam?

Try reading the rules in the top post for once and I wouldnt have to keep explaining things to you.

bone-you~v.19 12-09-2007 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durant (Post 6963959)
Actually its posters who should consider what they post while they are on the forums. The rules are above, all us mods are here to do is enforce those rules and keep the forum safe for all to view.

As for deletions and infractions mods have that authority once your post is against the rules and you get out of line. Not for what you may believe...

Having power does not mean to resort to it for every problem. Just because you see something as stupid and pointless doesn't mean it should be locked, moved, deleted, or infractions should be given out. Sometimes the little stupid things people do are what keep the community cooled down. Once you start trying to control everyone, that's when everything gets out of hand and people intentionally try to screw things up.

Tecuh 12-09-2007 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by bone-you~v.19 (Post 6963972)
Having power does not mean to resort to it for every problem. Just because you see something as stupid and pointless doesn't mean it should be locked, moved, deleted, or infractions should be given out. Sometimes the little stupid things people do are what keep the community cooled down. Once you start trying to control everyone, that's when everything gets out of hand and people intentionally try to screw things up.

Exactly.

Winddancer 12-09-2007 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by bone-you~v.19 (Post 6963972)
Having power does not mean to resort to it for every problem. Just because you see something as stupid and pointless doesn't mean it should be locked, moved, deleted, or infractions should be given out. Sometimes the little stupid things people do are what keep the community cooled down. Once you start trying to control everyone, that's when everything gets out of hand and people intentionally try to screw things up.

You do that anyway.. just look at how many bans you have :rolleyes:

Durant 12-09-2007 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by bone-you~v.19 (Post 6963972)
Having power does not mean to resort to it for every problem. Just because you see something as stupid and pointless doesn't mean it should be locked, moved, deleted, or infractions should be given out. Sometimes the little stupid things people do are what keep the community cooled down. Once you start trying to control everyone, that's when everything gets out of hand and people intentionally try to screw things up.

I agree that just because your a mod you shouldnt resort to them all the time but I disagree with just letting things 'die'. Usually on this forum when you leave things around to die, they spin on for a couple days first. A good example would be when you first got banned. Now your on account 19...

bone-you~v.19 12-09-2007 06:44

Here's an example of overusing mod. Each section has it's own little "community". Whether you want to accept it or not, those in community section generally stick to community section and off topic is the same. Hmm? Posting an off topic thread in community is not to break rules, but completely intentional because the person wants the people they chat with to see.. not people they don't know. Obviously CF isn't for OT threads... but it's a tight little community. You want to share things. Nazi mod mode activated! *MOVED* .. great. Now let's repost. *DELETED* now people get pissed off. That's happened to me quite a few times. If I post something OT in CF it's because I want the people in CF to see it.. not the people in OT. Get my point? Too often does that alone happen.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:20.