PDA

View Full Version : Magic card game

TriSinDetta
12-22-2007, 11:09
Anyone here play Magic the gathering card game. I won a draft tourney last night and put together a impressive type 1/2 black deck. Just curious if anyone else plays and what there decks are like and what they think of mine ^^

I play

3x Ink-Eyes, Servent of Oni - Creature
4x Hypnotic Specter - Creature
4x Funeral Charm - Instant
4x Diabolic Edict - Instant
4x Nevinyrral's Disk - Artifact
4x Drain Life - Sorcery
4x Necromancy - Enchantment
4x Dark Ritual - Mana Source
4x Nights Wisper - Sorcery
4x Coercion - Sorcery
4x Distress - Sorcery
1x Shizo, Death's Storehouse - Legendary Land
19x Swamps - Basic Land

All Foil except Necromany, Dark Ritual and Nevinyrral's Disk

This deck is hand destruction. Played perfect 1st turn play land, dark ritual then hypnotic specter. Turn two land, distress and swing Specter. With Distress discard whatever creature in there hand. Turn 3 land then play Necromany and retrieve the creature you discarded from there hand prior turn and put in play. By the end of turn 3 I got pending on there deck a strong creature and they already discarded 3 cards from there hand. Disk is to keep the hand balanced.

Its a card game so I dont think it violates rules starshine. Anyone that does not play does not need to post. I dont need to hear only nerds play card games -.-

VaUx
12-22-2007, 12:21
now i dont play... but yes 1-2 years ago lol, sold all for money irl :p
when i play i use tooth and nail idk if u know what i said =D

DanceWithArrows
12-22-2007, 13:05
i play the old cards with my buddy. none of us like the new fashion.

my deck is 1/2 black. 1/2 white.

i dont feel like putting the cards out lol...

but my cards were everything from 4th edition deck all the way to exodus.

space
12-22-2007, 13:09
I never got those card games, lol. I remember all those people in high school that used to play Yu-Gi-Oh. I tried but failed really bad, lol. Female nerds are cute tho, so if ur one, no worries :p

TriSinDetta
12-22-2007, 15:30
I never got those card games, lol. I remember all those people in high school that used to play Yu-Gi-Oh. I tried but failed really bad, lol. Female nerds are cute tho, so if ur one, no worries :p

Wahhhh, hahaha. I def know more real life magic players then co players. And Magic does sanction tourneys and events. I know for new set openings sometimes theres over 100 people that show up. Its fun ^^

Anyone who plays but is not sure on the cards refer to http://www.cardkingdom.com/

Kitsu
12-23-2007, 07:45
Old player, but I quit for some years already... as soon as the new expansions were screwing the old game cards over I tossed the towel but I had 2 decks which both held their own against all my friends' decks. Back when creature type was dominant, my green elf and creature deck with a few fireballs thrown in held out on a 4 Vs 1 and won, my white cleric and soldier life deck also hasn't lost a single game... then came the new expansions lol and I quit... Used to collect angels, Serra Angels... still have a 7th ed mint foil I believe as well as a few revised ed ones... had like a page full of those.

Lucky you though, could never get my hands on a single Disk, no-one would trade... :p so I had to make do with my wrath of gods.

TriSinDetta
12-23-2007, 08:21
Old player, but I quit for some years already... as soon as the new expansions were screwing the old game cards over I tossed the towel but I had 2 decks which both held their own against all my friends' decks. Back when creature type was dominant, my green elf and creature deck with a few fireballs thrown in held out on a 4 Vs 1 and won, my white cleric and soldier life deck also hasn't lost a single game... then came the new expansions lol and I quit... Used to collect angels, Serra Angels... still have a 7th ed mint foil I believe as well as a few revised ed ones... had like a page full of those.

Lucky you though, could never get my hands on a single Disk, no-one would trade... :p so I had to make do with my wrath of gods.

I think this deck is strong againest everything but green. I got counter creature cards but if to many come out I might be overwhelmed esp if I dont draw a disk. The new sets are good. I did not like the artifact sets but still ways to beat them. Skullclamp was the worst idea ever though for a card

I really dont like the disk card, they never made a foil to it and I wanna make this deck all foil :(

My hubby Sinz used to have a white angel beatdown deck and a land destruction red deck however he sold them for 600 dollars :/ Since I got into it he might start building again for fun but his white angel deck would be a hassle since we go threw ebay for all the cards.

Deftones
12-23-2007, 09:40
Magic was the best game I ever played, too bad I quit long time ago cus I sold all cards for irl cash , I quit when wizards released Urza's destiny or legacy I dont remember ... loooong long time ago , I had an elf deck and a sliver deck with those dual lands from revised edition (I think its the name, it was an edition after arabian nights)
But Im thinking about playing magic again ... but I have no idea how cards are now lol ... I guess there r lots of new rules and stuff D=

VaUx
12-23-2007, 10:18
Magic was the best game I ever played, too bad I quit long time ago cus I sold all cards for irl cash , I quit when wizards released Urza's destiny or legacy I dont remember ... loooong long time ago , I had an elf deck and a sliver deck with those dual lands from revised edition (I think its the name, it was an edition after arabian nights)
But Im thinking about playing magic again ... but I have no idea how cards are now lol ... I guess there r lots of new rules and stuff D=

ya this for why i quit new editions sux

TriSinDetta
12-23-2007, 10:54

We got alot of players at the card shop. 90 percent of them dont care if decks are type 1 and 2 as long as your not a beta using person with black lotus and timewalk cards. All tourneys are draft so it is a level playing field:)

If you play again and who you play dont mind type 1 or 2 as long as the type 1 cards are not beta powerhouse cards. My deck is a good way to start, its fun combination. I was playing a white and on turn 3 I necromancy his Akroma :P owned

http://www.cardkingdom.com/ makes deckbuilding easy just doing advance search. Also scrolling newer decks. I am thinking about remaking my hubby old red land destruction deck. He said he has to remember it abit, been few years since he quit

TheUnrealJ2546
12-23-2007, 11:02
Ohh yeah there is a game that I spent alot of money on back in the day... and still have all my cards. I got out of the game back in 2002... didnt like that my good cards... where baned cus they didnt follow the new rules... so I said heck with the game.

DanceWithArrows
12-23-2007, 11:03
you know what ruined it for me was the new design and those stupid tyr or w.e. those artifacts were called. i was like !@#@#$@%%$%&$&^%&* when i bought one of the new decks :mad:

Kitsu
12-23-2007, 19:58
I think this deck is strong againest everything but green. I got counter creature cards but if to many come out I might be overwhelmed esp if I dont draw a disk. The new sets are good. I did not like the artifact sets but still ways to beat them. Skullclamp was the worst idea ever though for a card

I really dont like the disk card, they never made a foil to it and I wanna make this deck all foil :(

My hubby Sinz used to have a white angel beatdown deck and a land destruction red deck however he sold them for 600 dollars :/ Since I got into it he might start building again for fun but his white angel deck would be a hassle since we go threw ebay for all the cards.
True, yours is a mainly sorcery based deck... with 1-2 decent creatures out you'ld start losing life fast I remember on a good draw I had a wurm out by turn 3 lol... Also used to have a blue counterspell and control deck, before I traded most my powerful counterspells to a friend for some legendary lands :p Only have 1 forbid left now :/ Then the silly idiot went artifacts...

Last I heard they stopped making disks a long time ago and didn't plan on bringing them back so your disks, if in good condition would be worth a bit... Ooh and did he ever get his hands on a foiled Akroma? Saw one but wasn't up for trades... ><" My only Akroma is on my Akroma's wrath lol and I've never used that one... never got that desperate before.

Kitsu
12-23-2007, 20:01
Ohh yeah there is a game that I spent alot of money on back in the day... and still have all my cards. I got out of the game back in 2002... didnt like that my good cards... where baned cus they didnt follow the new rules... so I said heck with the game.
If you play informal or open tournies you should be able to still play those cards... but I'ld say that there are much richer people who can field better... CO much like Magic... the rich can afford better cards... Though I have seen a full common deck beat someone's tourney deck before... that was hilarious.

TriSinDetta
12-23-2007, 21:40
True, yours is a mainly sorcery based deck... with 1-2 decent creatures out you'ld start losing life fast I remember on a good draw I had a wurm out by turn 3 lol... Also used to have a blue counterspell and control deck, before I traded most my powerful counterspells to a friend for some legendary lands :p Only have 1 forbid left now :/ Then the silly idiot went artifacts...

Last I heard they stopped making disks a long time ago and didn't plan on bringing them back so your disks, if in good condition would be worth a bit... Ooh and did he ever get his hands on a foiled Akroma? Saw one but wasn't up for trades... ><" My only Akroma is on my Akroma's wrath lol and I've never used that one... never got that desperate before.

My deck is not won off creatures. My deck main purpose is to put your hand in the graveyard and pull your creatures out under my control. Distress and coercion I look at the hand a pick a card to throw, most likely a creature and then necro him out. Charm and spector also hurt hands and unless the rival has a good card drawing source people are stuck 1 -2 cards in there hand. Also Ink-Eyes hits and I retrieve creatures out your graveyard. Its a very well thought out deck and mostly wins out non powerhouse beta decks.

Foil cards are easy to get. Ebay ^^

Kitsu
12-24-2007, 00:01
My deck is not won off creatures. My deck main purpose is to put your hand in the graveyard and pull your creatures out under my control. Distress and coercion I look at the hand a pick a card to throw, most likely a creature and then necro him out. Charm and spector also hurt hands and unless the rival has a good card drawing source people are stuck 1 -2 cards in there hand. Also Ink-Eyes hits and I retrieve creatures out your graveyard. Its a very well thought out deck and mostly wins out non powerhouse beta decks.

Foil cards are easy to get. Ebay ^^
A discard deck... that's why I always keep with me some cards that get rid of graveyards like Tormod's Crypt and cards that let me shuffle my graveyard back into library... Your deck is built for tourney play though while mine was built for school play lol... My friend was a big black player... he would love your deck construction I would think. I was more the light colours... and I collected all the Serra Angels and Lightning bolts I could find. They're out of print already right? and banned (bolts) If I could find a buyer for my cards I think I'ld have enough for about 3 bulks lol.

Just a suggestion, are vampiric and demonic tutors banned for your tourneys? Might be a nice idea to have 2 in the deck to help you along... ^^" I've lost my demonic tutors in my pile of cards... have to find them again sometime.

DanceWithArrows
12-24-2007, 00:38
are dark rituals banned? i have like 16 of those lol...i loaded all my 4 decks that contain black w/ it.

and =O kitsu, i did the same. but i recently lost 3 lightning bolts...due to my dumbbutt friend who decided to drown them in the swimming pool when we were playing near it.

Kitsu
12-24-2007, 02:29
are dark rituals banned? i have like 16 of those lol...i loaded all my 4 decks that contain black w/ it.

and =O kitsu, i did the same. but i recently lost 3 lightning bolts...due to my dumbbutt friend who decided to drown them in the swimming pool when we were playing near it.
Dark Rituals are not banned, why would a 1 black to cast that provides 3 black mana common instant be banned? :/ If they banned it I think black players would swap colours lol. But they aren't worth much at all... I've got like 30 of them sitting there >_> You can only have max 4 copies of a single card in your deck BTW Jon...

O_o you didn't teach your valuable cards to swim ><" Always always ALWAYS slip aluable cards and folder them if they're not in the deck. I hope they weren't revised ed bolts... if they were... last time I checked they were worth $20 a piece... I haven't checked in years though so could be up or down these days.

YouzY
12-24-2007, 03:45
my brother plays magic the gathering sometimes with lots of people

i always lose to him :/

TriSinDetta
12-24-2007, 07:20
A discard deck... that's why I always keep with me some cards that get rid of graveyards like Tormod's Crypt and cards that let me shuffle my graveyard back into library... Your deck is built for tourney play though while mine was built for school play lol... My friend was a big black player... he would love your deck construction I would think. I was more the light colours... and I collected all the Serra Angels and Lightning bolts I could find. They're out of print already right? and banned (bolts) If I could find a buyer for my cards I think I'ld have enough for about 3 bulks lol.

Just a suggestion, are vampiric and demonic tutors banned for your tourneys? Might be a nice idea to have 2 in the deck to help you along... ^^" I've lost my demonic tutors in my pile of cards... have to find them again sometime.

The only tourneys we play are draft tourneys. Decks we build on our own are played for fun and most people dont have a problem if you play a few banned cards, again as long as your not using beta powerhouse cards to which people just wont wanna play you. I used the tutor card but during play did not make the biggest difference.My hubby Sinz old white angel beatdown deck included from what he remembers

4x Exalted Angels
4x Blinding Angels
1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath
1x Reya Dawnbringer
2x Glorious Anthems
2x Minds Eye
4x Dragons Scales
2x Wrath of Gods
2x Ivory Mask

He does not remember the rest. But he said exalted angels were better then serra angels because morph cost and after you enchant it with scales the exalted will be a 5/7 where you gain life to damage and dont have to tap to attack by turn 5. Then turn 6 play a anthem and another scale on it and you got a 7/10 exalted. Worth looking into for a white player. Did not do good againest a black deck like mine and red destruction decks I am still making :P

Kitsu
12-24-2007, 07:49
The only tourneys we play are draft tourneys. Decks we build on our own are played for fun and most people dont have a problem if you play a few banned cards, again as long as your not using beta powerhouse cards to which people just wont wanna play you. I used the tutor card but during play did not make the biggest difference.My hubby Sinz old white angel beatdown deck included from what he remembers

4x Exalted Angels
4x Blinding Angels
1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath
1x Reya Dawnbringer
2x Glorious Anthems
2x Minds Eye
4x Dragons Scales
2x Wrath of Gods
2x Ivory Mask

He does not remember the rest. But he said exalted angels were better then serra angels because morph cost and after you enchant it with scales the exalted will be a 5/7 where you gain life to damage and dont have to tap to attack by turn 5. Then turn 6 play a anthem and another scale on it and you got a 7/10 exalted. Worth looking into for a white player. Did not do good againest a black deck like mine and red destruction decks I am still making :P
Haha, I quit when the morph cards came out... Funny thing was they used all the designs I was thinking of BEFORE they put them out... things like morphing and equiping artifacts etc. but as soon as they came out I lost interest in them... old school magic FTW. That's a decent deck there though some new cards I'm not familiar with but otherwise :D

TheUnrealJ2546
12-24-2007, 10:05
If you play informal or open tournies you should be able to still play those cards... but I'ld say that there are much richer people who can field better... CO much like Magic... the rich can afford better cards... Though I have seen a full common deck beat someone's tourney deck before... that was hilarious.

I am sure that if I really wanted to get back into playen I could... last time I heard there were still tournies going on. plus if I really get board I could aways make a few decks... have enought cards to make about 18 full decks as it is. Plus I did get my hands on some cards that came into my work area... someone threw away about 1,000 magic cards from the 4th. still havnt gone therw them total.. but there are a lot of good cards... that I could use

TriSinDetta
12-24-2007, 13:54
I am sure that if I really wanted to get back into playen I could... last time I heard there were still tournies going on. plus if I really get board I could aways make a few decks... have enought cards to make about 18 full decks as it is. Plus I did get my hands on some cards that came into my work area... someone threw away about 1,000 magic cards from the 4th. still havnt gone therw them total.. but there are a lot of good cards... that I could use

Draft tourneys are the best. We just pay the 15 dollars to get in, everyone has 3 packs, open, pick 1 card then pass it around. Next person picks a card then passes to next person. Best way for even playing field and helps you see newer sets or whatever set your playing. We dont have already build tourneys here at this shop. All for fun on that.

Kreig
12-24-2007, 14:09
GREEN PWNS YOU ALL.

Elves ftw, especially with Llorwyn.

I get two Wellwisher's + Ambush Commander, game. Wellwisher's tap for 25+ life a turn each, Wirewood lands untap target elf =P

Coat of Arms let's me kill you with my lands, giving each elf +20/+20 at the least. Play Llanawar's early to get mana, I can win the game with 2 forests. Heedless One is great, TretopScout/Timberwatch combo is good against anything that isn't blue. Play Sylvan Messengers to pull them out quicker, and LifeForce as a defense against black decks, which are my only real threat.

I should be getting all the Llorwyn elves I need this Christmas, it's gonna be broken.

I also play goblins, easy to explain. First turn, 1 mountain/RagingGoblin/1 damage before you play a land. Follow up with some Goblin Warchiefs, WarMarshals for swarm, GoblinKings of course. Play some Sledders to get past blockers, Siege-Gang Commanders to pwn annoying creatures (Wellwishers, cough). Piledrivers, ringleaders, sentry's, reckless ones, and of course my favorite, Goblin War Strike. ;)

Also have a half-decent Samurai deck, expensive, really only good for multi-players, although it is a good anti-swarm deck. Umezwa's Jitte, Takeno, Konda, Godo, and the Dragon Fang make it a bit expensive (cept for the Jitte), but well worth it. (8/8 thats a 13/13 if you block it, indestructable, vigilant, attacks twice, go Konda!)

I also run a blue control that has a few too-damn-big flyers, like the First to Dream. Run an Aeon Chronicler as well, throw in that one Soratami what counters spells for 3...gets annoying.

Black/white control, only for multiplayers, can't win on its own at all >.<

Worst deck by far is my Rat deck, although I can pull an infinite combo if I have Faces of the Past, at least 3 rats, and Marrow-Gnawer.

Slivers can be quick, a friend uses it. He really needs MagmaSliver to make it perfect though.

Ronny/Shim
12-24-2007, 15:28
It was nice 10 years ago, nowadays it's just messed up.

TriSinDetta
12-24-2007, 15:30
GREEN PWNS YOU ALL.

Elves ftw, especially with Llorwyn.

I get two Wellwisher's + Ambush Commander, game. Wellwisher's tap for 25+ life a turn each, Wirewood lands untap target elf =P

Coat of Arms let's me kill you with my lands, giving each elf +20/+20 at the least. Play Llanawar's early to get mana, I can win the game with 2 forests. Heedless One is great, TretopScout/Timberwatch combo is good against anything that isn't blue. Play Sylvan Messengers to pull them out quicker, and LifeForce as a defense against black decks, which are my only real threat.

I should be getting all the Llorwyn elves I need this Christmas, it's gonna be broken.

I also play goblins, easy to explain. First turn, 1 mountain/RagingGoblin/1 damage before you play a land. Follow up with some Goblin Warchiefs, WarMarshals for swarm, GoblinKings of course. Play some Sledders to get past blockers, Siege-Gang Commanders to pwn annoying creatures (Wellwishers, cough). Piledrivers, ringleaders, sentry's, reckless ones, and of course my favorite, Goblin War Strike. ;)

Also have a half-decent Samurai deck, expensive, really only good for multi-players, although it is a good anti-swarm deck. Umezwa's Jitte, Takeno, Konda, Godo, and the Dragon Fang make it a bit expensive (cept for the Jitte), but well worth it. (8/8 thats a 13/13 if you block it, indestructable, vigilant, attacks twice, go Konda!)

I also run a blue control that has a few too-damn-big flyers, like the First to Dream. Run an Aeon Chronicler as well, throw in that one Soratami what counters spells for 3...gets annoying.

Black/white control, only for multiplayers, can't win on its own at all >.<

Worst deck by far is my Rat deck, although I can pull an infinite combo if I have Faces of the Past, at least 3 rats, and Marrow-Gnawer.

Slivers can be quick, a friend uses it. He really needs MagmaSliver to make it perfect though.

Would be a interesting match. If you got a good magic store close build my deck and play it :P See if I can bury your good cards and disk you would be fun

Zero18
12-24-2007, 15:47
Wow no offense to any of you, but reading some posts.... I can't understand 5% of them XD

And no, never played Magic

DanceWithArrows
12-24-2007, 17:47
do any of you guys read the Magic the gathering books? ...:D i like em

TriSinDetta
12-25-2007, 10:22

No, the xbox game was terrible though :)

Kreig
12-25-2007, 13:22

All of them up until Llorwyn. "Kreig" is the name of the Keldon witchking in Bloodlines. "Radha" is the name of the Keldon planeswalker-to-be in Timstreams cycle. "Kamahl" is the name of the main character in the Odyssey and Onslaught cycles. "TveshSzat" is the name of the draconic planeswalker in the Invasion and Ice Age cycles. All are names of some of my characters in-game. :D

maoo
12-25-2007, 19:48
1/2 blue 1/2 red
active player

FreakyStylie
12-25-2007, 21:52
I used to play with my freind. I got mostly older cards i think.
I got a artifact deck that i ****in killer id have to go find it in my closet to remember whats in it, and a green deck that was pritty good too, had some legendary lands in there. It would b fun to play again.

DanceWithArrows
12-25-2007, 22:39
All of them up until Llorwyn. "Kreig" is the name of the Keldon witchking in Bloodlines. "Radha" is the name of the Keldon planeswalker-to-be in Timstreams cycle. "Kamahl" is the name of the main character in the Odyssey and Onslaught cycles. "TveshSzat" is the name of the draconic planeswalker in the Invasion and Ice Age cycles. All are names of some of my characters in-game. :D

i only read the first 4 lol...and i bought the Phyrexia one...which was really boring...then i read teh one with either Ursa or the other dude killing the other...

The first 4 pwn :cool:

Arena
Whispering Woods
Shattered Chains
Final Sacrifice.

my brother has this insane deck where its 70% various forms of counterspells. 3 unblockable monsters and the rest are islands...its fairly easy to get past...but once his mana starts flowing...u cant touch him

Kitsu
12-26-2007, 04:26
i only read the first 4 lol...and i bought the Phyrexia one...which was really boring...then i read teh one with either Ursa or the other dude killing the other...

The first 4 pwn :cool:

Arena
Whispering Woods
Shattered Chains
Final Sacrifice.

my brother has this insane deck where its 70% various forms of counterspells. 3 unblockable monsters and the rest are islands...its fairly easy to get past...but once his mana starts flowing...u cant touch him
Counterspells do run out after time, my friend tried a full deck of counterspells against my elf deck, put simply, he lost and I was even kind enough to not attack him with my elves, only used those as mana supply :) Unblockable monsters are over-rated.

TriSinDetta
12-26-2007, 10:34
1/2 blue 1/2 red
active player

I hate playing blue. Counterspells are sooo annoing. Decks I play againest seem to never run out of them on old decks where I could not discard them myself.

DanceWithArrows
12-26-2007, 12:48
ive never heard of any good combos with blue and red :confused: but i may be wrong

sdx
12-26-2007, 16:34
used to play quite a bit, i think i stopped collecting cards after the ice age series ...
looking at the more modern cards to come out, my decks would have lost very badly to some of these...but i primarily ran three different sets:

a) white/blue (anti black/red): serra angels + paladins, leviathan, wrath of god + armageddon, typhoon, counterspells, and enduring renewal

b) black/red (anti white/green): lich + fallen angels, sengirs autocrats + grandmother, anarchy, dance of the dead + dark banishing, and dark rituals

c) black/green (just for fun): plague rats, rat king, pestilence, cemetery gates, hecatomb, and all sorts of growth spells

i didn't even realize they were still releasing these cards, maybe i'll have to dig them out of the closet sometime :d

DanceWithArrows
12-26-2007, 16:52
used to play quite a bit, i think i stopped collecting cards after the ice age series ...
looking at the more modern cards to come out, my decks would have lost very badly to some of these...but i primarily ran three different sets:

a) white/blue (anti black/red): serra angels + paladins, leviathan, wrath of god + armageddon, typhoon, counterspells, and enduring renewal

b) black/red (anti white/green): lich + fallen angels, sengirs autocrats + grandmother, anarchy, dance of the dead + dark banishing, and dark rituals

c) black/green (just for fun): plague rats, rat king, pestilence, cemetery gates, hecatomb, and all sorts of growth spells

i didn't even realize they were still releasing these cards, maybe i'll have to dig them out of the closet sometime :d

wrath of god is too much of a hassle for me to put in. chances are i NEVER play that card when its in my hand...

does anyone know...for the older cards. how do you distinguish the booster pack expansion thingy they came from...im talkin bout before they made those little sign things to show them. reason: i want to sell a few my cards to a local shop, so i can get MORE dbs :)

Kitsu
12-27-2007, 01:34
ive never heard of any good combos with blue and red :confused: but i may be wrong
Blue= Counterspells Red=burn spells and small creatures with haste.

As for your other question... alpha is black border huge print, beta is white border huge print, revised is white border (large print I think) just check the MTG site and look at the expansions and core sets before ice age.

Kreig
12-27-2007, 18:01
What's the likelihood of me being able to pull out 2 Darksteel Colossi (using Mishra, Artifcer Proddigy and Mycosynth Golem), then Wrath of God'ing and Armageddon'ing, reducing the playing field to only my 2 11/11's?

TriSinDetta
12-27-2007, 20:23
What's the likelihood of me being able to pull out 2 Darksteel Colossi (using Mishra, Artifcer Proddigy and Mycosynth Golem), then Wrath of God'ing and Armageddon'ing, reducing the playing field to only my 2 11/11's?

I hate DARKSTEEL COLOSSUS because I cant necromany a card that never goes to graveyard:mad:

maoo
12-28-2007, 11:10
I hate playing blue. Counterspells are sooo annoing. Decks I play againest seem to never run out of them on old decks where I could not discard them myself.

You know I like to be annoying.

YouzY
12-28-2007, 12:27
http://naurunappula.com/46876/hitlercard.jpg

funny card :P

VaUx
12-28-2007, 18:07
deck tooth and neils pwd lol

maoo
12-28-2007, 18:29

lol

Kreig
12-29-2007, 14:19
I hate DARKSTEEL COLOSSUS because I cant necromany a card that never goes to graveyard:mad:

Chainer's Edict....it CAN be sacrificed, just not DESTROYED.;)

TriSinDetta
12-29-2007, 15:43
Chainer's Edict....it CAN be sacrificed, just not DESTROYED.;)

Innocent blood and Diabolic edict also sacrificed it, however Darksteel never goes into a graveyard, just shuffled back into the deck

Kreig
12-29-2007, 17:07
Innocent blood and Diabolic edict also sacrificed it, however Darksteel never goes into a graveyard, just shuffled back into the deck

Just remove it then :p

Kiki-Jiki, Mirror-Breaker: Use its ability to copy Phyrexian Infiltrator, use Phyrexian Infiltrator to snag the Colossus, at the end of turn the copy (which your opponent has control of) is sacked.

:rolleyes:

TriSinDetta
12-29-2007, 18:37
Just remove it then :p

Kiki-Jiki, Mirror-Breaker: Use its ability to copy Phyrexian Infiltrator, use Phyrexian Infiltrator to snag the Colossus, at the end of turn the copy (which your opponent has control of) is sacked.

:rolleyes:

I would have to rebuild my deck to fit those in. Cant play them all as if there darksteel decks. I lost last night to the stupid tooth and nail and sceptor cards:mad:

Kreig
12-29-2007, 22:13
I would have to rebuild my deck to fit those in. Cant play them all as if there darksteel decks. I lost last night to the stupid tooth and nail and sceptor cards:mad:

Bleh. That's just a combo I found the other day, works very well if you can actually pull out the cards...just black/blue/red doesn't really scream coherence. It just doesn't accomplish much, only putting in a few of each color (black cards for creature-kills, like Terror, some red burn like Lava Spike/Lightning Bolt, and some blue counters and draws like Counterspell and that one I can't remember the name of, one blue for Scry 2 draw a card, sorcery, common or uncommon from Miradin block I believe).

BAdbOYx
12-30-2007, 15:14
yu-gi-oh!

DanceWithArrows
12-30-2007, 16:00
yu-gi-oh!

shut it yu gey hoe

TriSinDetta
12-30-2007, 16:14
Bleh. That's just a combo I found the other day, works very well if you can actually pull out the cards...just black/blue/red doesn't really scream coherence. It just doesn't accomplish much, only putting in a few of each color (black cards for creature-kills, like Terror, some red burn like Lava Spike/Lightning Bolt, and some blue counters and draws like Counterspell and that one I can't remember the name of, one blue for Scry 2 draw a card, sorcery, common or uncommon from Miradin block I believe).

The best decks I know are color combo decks. I like the game but to build 2-3 color decks is really advance. I would have to cyborg and play more then one day a week. I wanna build this red deck. Maybe after that I would look into color combos. The new planeswalker cards, I am thinking of adding Liliana Vess to my deck.

DanceWithArrows
12-30-2007, 16:30
just wondering...are the new cards progressively better than the old cards? because I've noticed in other TCG's that the starting cards (i.e. first expansion.) had this certain cards who were at the set level. i was wondering if Magic created cards that were WAY or moderately stronger in the more current packs than the beginning ones such as like Exodus pack and below...

dunno if i explained this right...for ex....if u play yu gi oh like that stupidboy (<<<haha...) up there does...like you would have four star monsters with highest atk power going up to 1800/1900...and those cards would be worth a LOT (super rare/ultra rare...etc). and then they would release new booster packs with like different monsters with same attack but NOT as rare...(normal...etc etc..)

lol...still dont think i explained it well...but someone answer blix :)

question 2: do they still host the tournaments where you go there with no cards, buy like a bunch of booster packs and make your deck only from those and compete with those?

question 3: what are what you would call an expansion with good/decent cards now?

question 4: do they still do like (havent noticed) but like before they would reprint cards in like 4/5/6/7th editions...do they do that with the new style cards, but reprints of the old style cards?

TriSinDetta
12-30-2007, 21:48
just wondering...are the new cards progressively better than the old cards? because I've noticed in other TCG's that the starting cards (i.e. first expansion.) had this certain cards who were at the set level. i was wondering if Magic created cards that were WAY or moderately stronger in the more current packs than the beginning ones such as like Exodus pack and below...

dunno if i explained this right...for ex....if u play yu gi oh like that stupidboy (<<<haha...) up there does...like you would have four star monsters with highest atk power going up to 1800/1900...and those cards would be worth a LOT (super rare/ultra rare...etc). and then they would release new booster packs with like different monsters with same attack but NOT as rare...(normal...etc etc..)

lol...still dont think i explained it well...but someone answer blix :)

question 2: do they still host the tournaments where you go there with no cards, buy like a bunch of booster packs and make your deck only from those and compete with those?

question 3: what are what you would call an expansion with good/decent cards now?

question 4: do they still do like (havent noticed) but like before they would reprint cards in like 4/5/6/7th editions...do they do that with the new style cards, but reprints of the old style cards?

I can try to answer. No type 1 cards like timewalk, lotus and all other betas are still broken cards and stronger. Even some sets after beta they made weaker like dark rituals and soften them up. However they got a new play card call plainswalker which are really strong cards that play like enchantments however they collect counters then use different abilitys based on them. And old cards like the disks cant break them because there not listed as enchantments and artifacts. example and what I am adding to my deck http://www.cardkingdom.com/index.php?main=catalog&advanced=magic&sid=199045794&adv_key_title=Liliana+Vess&adv_key_text1=&adv_key_boolean=AND&adv_key_text2=&adv_type1=0&adv_type2=&adv_edition=0&adv_color_select=ignore&adv_manaprod_select=Ignore&adv_rarity_all=any&adv_concast1=0&adv_concast2=16&adv_pow3=0&adv_pow1=&adv_pow2=&adv_pow_star=on&adv_tuf3=0&adv_tuf1=&adv_tuf2=&adv_tuf_star=on

2. The only really tourneys we play are draft. Come friday night supercards on west hillsbourgh in the ranch house plaza and play with us ^^

3. Dont know atm. Just deck search or gather info from other players type 1/2

4. I noticed a new Reya Dawnbringer and Hippie in 10th edition. Pretty sure they were not the only ones so yes :)

DanceWithArrows
12-30-2007, 22:07
ok this is what i did.

rounded up my old Magic buddies who play WoW now:

they bought 10th edition fat packs+ the decks

since my 180$$ christmas moneys was given to me on a unmarked debit card, i felt like a douche bringing it and using it in the store.

so, went to cardkingdom and ordered:

1 Booster BoX of 10th Edition (woot ^^ dey said its in black borders, i nearly cried)
500 Lowyln Edition Land Cards
The preset Elf deck from Lowyln (i think im spelling it wrong)
The preset red deck from 10th Edition.

That concludes into about 37.5 DBs worth of stuff. I say, the moneys gone somewhere better than TQ's pockets, even if its still a distraction from my studies.

Kreig
01-01-2008, 02:03
If you're really interested in starting playing, and you have an idea of what kind of deck you want to make, I suggest buying some individuals off the net. Personally speaking, I only buy packs when there are mutiple cards I want from a set...but if I only need (example, tenth edition I wanted the new LlanawarElf and ElvishChampion prints) one or two cards from a set, just buy off the net, or trade with others. No sense in wasting money trying to pull one card.

And yes, the power nine are still THE power nine.

Also, this is a good place to look for any card that has been printed, if you're trying to build a deck without the cards: http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/index.aspx?

DanceWithArrows
01-01-2008, 17:46
If you're really interested in starting playing, and you have an idea of what kind of deck you want to make, I suggest buying some individuals off the net. Personally speaking, I only buy packs when there are mutiple cards I want from a set...but if I only need (example, tenth edition I wanted the new LlanawarElf and ElvishChampion prints) one or two cards from a set, just buy off the net, or trade with others. No sense in wasting money trying to pull one card.

And yes, the power nine are still THE power nine.

Also, this is a good place to look for any card that has been printed, if you're trying to build a deck without the cards: http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/index.aspx?

elves in cards vs elves in the book...totally different strengths... =/

Kreig
01-02-2008, 06:19
elves in cards vs elves in the book...totally different strengths... =/

Not really. The only books where we really see elves as a whole, rather than individuals (like Glissa, Rofellos, Eladamri) are in the Invasion cycle. The elves in Llanawar just kind of...die (but the caves did provide massive mana, hint hint Llanawar Elves), while the Yavimaya elves did actually fight back successfully, but their strength was always in numbers. Quite different from the barbariansi n the Odyssey cycle, which were few but incredibly powerful individually.

Slanesh
01-02-2008, 06:46

yea, really funny...retard :eek:

DanceWithArrows
01-02-2008, 21:05
Not really. The only books where we really see elves as a whole, rather than individuals (like Glissa, Rofellos, Eladamri) are in the Invasion cycle. The elves in Llanawar just kind of...die (but the caves did provide massive mana, hint hint Llanawar Elves), while the Yavimaya elves did actually fight back successfully, but their strength was always in numbers. Quite different from the barbariansi n the Odyssey cycle, which were few but incredibly powerful individually.

talking BEFORE all those books. old school books plz :) ones where planeswalkers were rare and not all over the place...and creatures such as above were summoned and had no free will. yep...i know what your thinking...finding a sexy female elf with no will...

oops...got carried away there :p

Kreig
01-02-2008, 21:07
talking BEFORE all those books. old school books plz :) ones where planeswalkers were rare and not all over the place...and creatures such as above were summoned and had no free will. yep...i know what your thinking...finding a sexy female elf with no will...

oops...got carried away there :p

Yes you did :rolleyes:

DanceWithArrows
01-02-2008, 21:15
Yes you did :rolleyes:

Benalish chicks :)

Serra Angel's sister :D

Keldon Warlord...oops :(

you will stop replying so fast, me needa read other threads too ;)

Kreig
01-02-2008, 21:18
Benalish chicks :)

Serra Angel's sister :D

Keldon Warlord...oops :(

you will stop replying so fast, me needa read other threads too ;)

So slow, forum nooblet ;)

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 20 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 16 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 9 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 5 seconds.

:mad:

DanceWithArrows
01-02-2008, 21:20
So slow, forum nooblet ;)

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 20 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 16 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 9 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 5 seconds.

:mad:

shut your elf loving self up or i shall mana drain you =O

or was that card called life drain o.o

Kreig
01-02-2008, 23:55
shut your elf loving self up or i shall mana drain you =O

or was that card called life drain o.o

Mana drain.

I want AncestralRecall...