PDA

View Full Version : new Ati card help

Shawno
12-16-2007, 19:14
hey all i just built a new computer and ive got a problem with the video card at least thats what i think it is. the computer is

2.2ghz amd 64 800 fsb

2gb 800 mhz ram

and the video card is a agp 8x ati radeon x1650 pro gpu 600mhz 512 ram 800mhz

i installed the driver that came with the video card but after about 5-20 minutes it freezes or shuts monitor off saying 'attention out of range'. also ive knoticed that the fps is still rather laggy. the only problem ive had is with conquer so i was wondering if anyone knew of any 3rd party drivers that could fix this problem and allow conquer to run correctly.

thx for the help anyone

Drew
12-16-2007, 21:56
hey all i just built a new computer and ive got a problem with the video card at least thats what i think it is. the computer is

2.2ghz amd 64 800 fsb

2gb 800 mhz ram

i installed the driver that came with the video card but after about 5-20 minutes it freezes or shuts monitor off saying 'attention out of range'. also ive knoticed that the fps is still rather laggy. the only problem ive had is with conquer so i was wondering if anyone knew of any 3rd party drivers that could fix this problem and allow conquer to run correctly.

thx for the help anyone

maybe its the monitor? monitor cant handle it? o.0 dun know.

anyways if you've tried everything else have high bring his monitor over and see if that works for u for over 30 mins. :P

i dont know. :P

ECLiPSE:NiX/SS
12-16-2007, 23:03
This is the kind of stuff Digi would know... try pm'ing him

Jizzus
12-17-2007, 01:05

2.2ghz amd 64 800 fsb

2gb 800 mhz ram

thx for the help anyone

Sounds like your refresh rate is too high, or your vertical/horizontal sync is messed up.There should be settings "somewhere" to change this.

Shawno
12-17-2007, 08:40
maybe its the monitor? monitor cant handle it? o.0 dun know.

anyways if you've tried everything else have high bring his monitor over and see if that works for u for over 30 mins. :P

i dont know. :P

thats wat cameron said might b the problem. i wouldnt doubt it myself this monitors about 8 years old now =/