PDA

View Full Version : aphrodite's socket pricing guide

aphrodit3
11-07-2007, 08:39
aphrodite's socket pricing guide

Some of you players on this server know that I practically live in market. I've spent a great deal of time trying to figure out where people get their prices from. Are you tired of newbies trying to set their own market prices? Everyone come together and follow a few simple rules, and sockets will become tradeable again.

To start with, the baseline of the market economy is the price of the DB. Gold value and met prices are directly affected by the availability of the dragonball. Since availability is never constant, due to fluctuating buying habits of bulkers, gold value will not be considered.

Section A: Socketed Value Items (earrings, necklace, rings, boots, bags, and bracelets)
The baseline for a single socket is 4db, and for a double socket 35db. This is for a normal / no gem / refined gem, +0 / +1 / +2 socketed value item.
Multipliers are as follows:
+1 db for each quality level over normal.
+1 db for each composition of +3,+4,+5.
+2 db for +6, +4 db for +7, +8 db for +8, +16 db for +9.
+2 db for super gem, SDG SRG SPG SMG ONLY.
+2 db for each -dmg modifier (-1, -3, -5, -7).

Conclusion: Single-socketed value items = 4db to 51db. Double-socketed value items = 35db to 84db.

Section B: Socketed Armors
Due to the fact that every class gets a unique 1soc promotion armor at lvl 100 (coats are 97), socketed armors are naturally worth less than other items. Since people practically give these promo armors away, we will assume the baseline for a unique 1soc armor is worth 0db (keeping in mind that reborned uni armors do have some cash value, but no more than 0.5db).

Note: As pointed out by James, tao robes are by far the most common double-socketed armors. There's an obvious reason for this; with the frequency that waters are reborned, a second socket is bound to happen eventually. Also unique to class-specific items is the fact that super gems are worth their full value when socketed, because the gem is always applicable to that class's strengths. This is, of course, assuming someone doesn't socket an SPG in a warrior armor. Use common sense with that one. :)

B1) Archer Coats and Trojan Armors (high-value armors)
As previously mentioned, the baseline is for a unique normal / no gem / refined gem, +0 / +1 / +2 single-socketed armor being worth 0db. The baseline for a double-socketed high-value armor is 30db.
+2 db for each quality level over unique.
+1 db for each composition of +3,+4,+5.
+2 db for +6, +4 db for +7, +8 db for +8, +16 db for +9.
+2 db for super gem, SDG and SRG only for archer coats, SDG SRG and SMG only for trojan armors.

Conclusion: Single-socketed high-value armors with quality greater than unique = 2db to 49db. Double-socketed high-value armors with quality greater than unique = 30db to 79db.

B2) Warrior Armors and Tao Robes (low-value armors)
Warrior armors are included in this class due to lower market prices for this class's items. This is primarily because warrior items are notoriously harder to sell, so people "blow them out" (although I've had a good deal of success marketing these items myself).

As previously mentioned, the baseline is for a unique normal / no gem / refined gem, +0 / +1 / +2 single-socketed armor being worth 0db. The baseline for a double-socketed low-value armor is 25db.
+1 db for each quality level over unique.
+0.5 db for each composition +3, +4.
+1 db for each composition +5, +6.
+2 db for +7, +4 db for +8, +8 db for +9.
+2 db for super gem, SDG and SRG only for warrior armors, SDG SRG and SMG only for tao robes (accounting for melee waters).

Conclusion: Single-socketed low-value armors with quality greater than unique = 1db to 30db. Double-socketed low-value armors with quality greater than unique = 25db to 56db.

Section C: Socketed Headwear + Shields
Headwear (with the exception of earrings, see Section A) are one of the most commonly mispriced items in the marketplace. There is a great disparity in their respective values, so we will split them up yet again into high-value and low-value. Shields have their own unique pricing scale, so they will be included in a sub-section as well.

C1) Trojan Coronets and Tao Caps (high-value headwear)
Coronets and caps are highly sought-after items due to their inherent values to their classes. These headwear items follow the same pricing rules as Socketed Value Items (see Section A).

C2) Warrior Helmets (medium-value headwear)
Helmets are a valuable levelling tool, but only up to mid-levels. Once a warrior's defense escalates as his/her armor improves, the main threats (other than PK-happy trojans) are magical-attack monsters. Therefore, there is a disparity in the value of a low-level helmet, as compared to a high-level model.

The baseline is 1db, and for a double socket 25db. This is for a normal / no gem / refined gem, +0 / +1 / +2 helmet.
+1 db for low-level (under level 70)
+0.5 db for each quality level over normal.
+0.5 db for each composition +3, +4.
+1 db for each composition +5, +6.
+2 db for +7, +4 db for +8, +8 db for +9.
+2 db for super gem, SDG and SRG only (class-applicable).

Conclusion: Single-socketed helmets = 1db to 31db. Double-socketed helmets = 25db to 58db.

C3) Archer Hats (low-value headwear)
Archer hats are virtually worthless in a defensive aspect. The only value a hat has to an archer is the number of sockets and super gems it contains. The reasoning behind this is that an archer, being a plvler, predominately lives in AZ which is exclusively magical-attack monsters. Even in PvP, an archer is always flying (unless they're not too bright) so they can only be hit by magical attacks.

The baseline is 1db, and for a double socket 20db. This is for a normal / no gem / refined gem, +0 / +1 / +2 hat.
+0.5 db for each composition + over +2.
+2 db for super gem, SDG and SRG only (again, class-applicable).
+1 db for each -dmg modifier (-1, -3, -5, -7).

Conclusion: Single-socketed hats = 1db to 12.5db. Double-socketed hats = 20db to 33.5db.

C4) Shields
Selling rules for warrior shields are very simple and easy to follow. There isn't much price difference between single-socket and double-socket shields due to the frequency that 2socs are given out in the lottery.

The baseline is for a single-socket is 1db (normal/refined/unique), and for a double-socket 3db (elite...that's the quality given by the lottery).
+1 db for elite 1soc, +2 db for super 1soc, +2 db for super 2soc.
+0.5 db for each composition of +3 and +4.
+1 db for +5, +2 db for +6, +4 db for +7, +8 db for +8, +16 db for +9.

Conclusion: Single-socketed shields = 1db to 45db. Double-socketed shields = 3db to 49db.

Thanks for your continued patience and support as I expand this guide. It's good to know that there is demand, and some people are willing to listen to reason in their marketing adventures.

Credit due to my baby girl, who has keyed this guide in for me.
+rep teh aphrodite plx if u like
-rep teh aphrodite if u noop

VendettaEUP
11-07-2007, 08:48
Multipliers arent where they should be.

VendettaEUP
11-07-2007, 08:49
That would make a unique 2socket +3 SRG/RRG robe in which I had worth alot more then it actually is. You need to account that some double sockets are far more easier to make the others. You cant really do this guide...

aphrodit3
11-07-2007, 08:52
That would make a unique 2socket +3 SRG/RRG robe in which I had worth alot more then it actually is. You need to account that some double sockets are far more easier to make the others. You cant really do this guide...

Section A: Socketed Value Items (earrings, necklace, rings, boots, bags, and bracelets)

no armor, no headwear

VendettaEUP
11-07-2007, 09:01
Did you put that in there before or after I said. Im color blind and I cant see those colors well. Sorry if I look passed it.

aphrodit3
11-07-2007, 09:04
Did you put that in there before or after I said. Im color blind and I cant see those colors well. Sorry if I look passed it.

o sry hun, it was in there before
prolly look like a wall of text without color huh

Kitsu
11-07-2007, 09:43
Pretty purple ^_^ Lol, I've always been waiting for one of these <3 + Rep I agree that a comprehensive one should be made too... and then I'll ask Starshine to sticky for us. Maybe this'll help stop the inflation.

VendettaEUP
11-07-2007, 10:10
Pretty purple ^_^ Lol, I've always been waiting for one of these <3 + Rep I agree that a comprehensive one should be made too... and then I'll ask Starshine to sticky for us. Maybe this'll help stop the inflation.

People stop buying Dragonballs would stop inflation...

ECLiPSE:NiX/SS
11-07-2007, 11:10
Shouldn't the value of a Super gem be 2 dbs?

Either way +rep FoR TeH Aphrodite

aphrodit3
11-07-2007, 11:45
Shouldn't the value of a Super gem be 2 dbs?

Either way +rep FoR TeH Aphrodite

after u soc super gem no worth 2db its part of teh deal
thats just how it works ;)
tx for pep

Kitsu
11-07-2007, 14:46
People stop buying Dragonballs would stop inflation...
Hmmm, I'ld say noobs not knowing the price and randomly putting up a price causes mass inflations... If one person can do it another will want to do it too.

Sum0
11-07-2007, 14:56
Great :) ...nice work...but it will never happen..

Lord Snow
11-07-2007, 16:02
More! More! Continue the guide XD

VendettaEUP
11-07-2007, 23:29
Great :) ...nice work...but it will never happen..

Bingo was his name'o.

Starshine
11-08-2007, 01:48
I've tried this on Temple Artemis server a long time ago... to try to curb inflation in the market, but I was not successful. Good luck trying to control your economy! Most people dont come onto the forums to check for forum prices. Most people make up a price out of thin air (at least in my server they do).

The only way you can get this to work is if you can get a majority of the people to do this... but it's very unlikely! I can sticky this thread for you if you like but it will be an uphill climb to say the least.

aphrodit3
11-08-2007, 02:08
I've tried this on Temple Artemis server a long time ago... to try to curb inflation in the market, but I was not successful. Good luck trying to control your economy! Most people dont come onto the forums to check for forum prices. Most people make up a price out of thin air (at least in my server they do).

The only way you can get this to work is if you can get a majority of the people to do this... but it's very unlikely! I can sticky this thread for you if you like but it will be an uphill climb to say the least.

tx starshine :)
im gunna try to keep it going...

SECTION B ADDED - ARMORS

aphrodit3
11-10-2007, 05:51
section c added, headwear + shields
2soc pricing adjusted for extra super gem
layout cleaned up ~

OnePimpArcher
11-14-2007, 15:45
Just quit buying the stuff till people reliaze that its to high to buy then they will have to decrease the prices..

sdx
11-15-2007, 01:17
Nice work, beautiful.

sonrisa
11-15-2007, 01:47
how much costly the backsword weapon super pls

fireTama
11-15-2007, 02:53
aphrodite's socket pricing guide

Some of you players on this server know that I practically live in market. I've spent a great deal of time trying to figure out where people get their prices from. Are you tired of newbies trying to set their own market prices? Everyone come together and follow a few simple rules, and sockets will become tradeable again.

To start with, the baseline of the market economy is the price of the DB. Gold value and met prices are directly affected by the availability of the dragonball. Since availability is never constant, due to fluctuating buying habits of bulkers, gold value will not be considered.

The baseline for a single socket is 4db, and for a double socket 35db. This is for a normal / no gem / refined gem, +0 / +1 / +2 socketed value item.
+1 db for each composition + AFTER +2 up to +6.
+2 db for each composition + AFTER +6 up to +9.
+1 db for super gem, SDG SRG SPG SMG ONLY.

Conclusion: Single-socketed value items = 4db to 28db. Double-socketed value items = 35db to 60db.

Section B: Socketed Armors
Due to the fact that every class gets a unique 1soc promotion armor at lvl 100 (coats are 97), socketed armors are naturally worth less than other items. Since people practically give these promo armors away, we will assume the baseline for a unique 1soc armor is worth 0db (keeping in mind that reborned uni armors do have some cash value, but no more than 0.5db).

Note: As pointed out by James, tao robes are by far the most common double-socketed armors. There's an obvious reason for this; with the frequency that waters are reborned, a second socket is bound to happen eventually. Also unique to class-specific items is the fact that super gems are worth their full value when socketed, because the gem is always applicable to that class's strengths. This is, of course, assuming someone doesn't socket an SPG in a warrior armor. Use common sense with that one. :)

B1) Archer Coats and Trojan Armors (high-value armors)
As previously mentioned, the baseline is for a unique normal / no gem / refined gem, +0 / +1 / +2 single-socketed armor being worth 0db. The baseline for a double-socketed high-value armor is 30db.
+2 db for each quality level over unique.
+2 db for super gem, SDG and SRG only for archer coats, SDG SRG and SMG only for trojan armors.

Conclusion: Single-socketed high-value armors with quality greater than unique = 2db to 24db. Double-socketed high-value armors with quality greater than unique = 30db to 54db.

B2) Warrior Armors and Tao Robes (low-value armors)
Warrior armors are included in this class due to lower market prices for this class's items. This is primarily because warrior items are notoriously harder to sell, so people "blow them out" (although I've had a good deal of success marketing these items myself).

As previously mentioned, the baseline is for a unique normal / no gem / refined gem, +0 / +1 / +2 single-socketed armor being worth 0db. The baseline for a double-socketed low-value armor is 25db.
+1 db for each quality level over unique.
+1 db for each composition of +5 and +6.
+2 db for each composition of +7 +8 and +9.
+2 db for super gem, SDG and SRG only for warrior armors, SDG SRG and SMG only for tao robes (accounting for melee waters).

Conclusion: Single-socketed low-value armors with quality greater than unique = 1db to 21db. Double-socketed low-value armors with quality greater than unique = 25db to 47db.

Section C: Socketed Headwear + Shields
Headwear (with the exception of earrings, see Section A) are one of the most commonly mispriced items in the marketplace. There is a great disparity in their respective values, so we will split them up yet again into high-value and low-value. Shields have their own unique pricing scale, so they will be included in a sub-section as well.

C1) Trojan Coronets and Tao Caps (high-value headwear)
Coronets and caps are highly sought-after items due to their inherent values to their classes. Although many trojans prefer to wear earrings to ward off Messengers (while levelling) and Taos (while PvPing), most still wear coronets because of their superior physical defense. As for a tao, a cap is the ONLY choice because it is superior in every defensive aspect to earrings.

The baseline is 4db, and for a double socket 35db. This is for normal / no gem / refined gem, +0 / +1 / +2 socketed high-value headwear. Most of the rules of Socketed Value Items (Section A) apply here, except that class-applicable super gems are worth their full value.
+1 db for super gem which IS NOT CLASS-APPLICABLE. This would be, for example, an SPG in a coronet.
+2 db for super gem which IS CLASS-APPLICABLE. This would be, for example, an SPG in a tao cap.

Conclusion: Single-socketed high-value headwear = 4db to 28db. Double-socketed high-value headwear = 35db to 61db.

C2) Warrior Helmets (medium-value headwear)
Helmets are a valuable levelling tool, but only up to mid-levels. Once a warrior's defense escalates as his/her armor improves, the main threats (other than PK-happy trojans) are magical-attack monsters. Therefore, there is a disparity in the value of a low-level helmet, as compared to a high-level model.

The baseline is 1db, and for a double socket 25db. This is for a normal / no gem / refined gem, +0 / +1 / +2 helmet.
+1 db for low-level (under level 70)
+0.5 db for each composition + AFTER +2 up to +6.
+1 db for each composition + AFTER +6 up to +9.
+2 db for super gem, SDG and SRG only (class-applicable).

Conclusion: Single-socketed helmets = 1db to 19db. Double-socketed helmets = 25db to 45db.

C3) Archer Hats (low-value headwear)
Archer hats are virtually worthless in a defensive aspect. The only value a hat has to an archer is the number of sockets and super gems it contains. The reasoning behind this is that an archer, being a plvler, predominately lives in AZ which is exclusively magical-attack monsters. Even in PvP, an archer is always flying (unless they're not too bright) so they can only be hit by magical attacks.

The baseline is 1db, and for a double socket 20db. This is for a normal / no gem / refined gem, +0 / +1 / +2 hat.
+0.5 db for each composition + over +2.
+1 db for each -dmg modifier (-1, -3, -5, -7).

Conclusion: Single-socketed hats = 1db to 12.5db. Double-socketed hats = 20db to 33.5db.

C4) Shields
Selling rules for warrior shields are very simple and easy to follow. There isn't much price difference between single-socket and double-socket shields due to the frequency that 2socs are given out in the lottery.

The baseline is for a single-socket is 1db (normal/refined/unique), and for a double-socket 3db (elite...that's the quality given by the lottery).
+1 db for elite 1soc, +2 db for super 1soc, +2 db for super 2soc.
+1 db for each composition of +5 and +6.
+2 db for each composition +7 +8 and +9.

Conclusion: Single-socketed shields = 1db to 22db. Double-socketed shields = 3db to 26db.

Thanks for your continued patience and support as I expand this guide. It's good to know that there is demand, and some people are willing to listen to reason in their marketing adventures.

Credit due to my baby girl, who has keyed this guide in for me.
+rep teh aphrodite plx if u like
-rep teh aphrodite if u noop

^^ U should be a GM plx:p

deim~v.5
11-29-2007, 10:46
Didn't read it completely but just checking, basicly you are stating that a Super +9 Attack Ring -7 2xSDG should be 60 DBS?

Are you insane?

aphrodit3
11-29-2007, 12:33
Didn't read it completely but just checking, basicly you are stating that a Super +9 Attack Ring -7 2xSDG should be 60 DBS?

Are you insane?

hes right ^
i failed to multiply past +6, high end comp. is modified
super +9 atk ring -7 2sdg should be listed at 84 db :o

EDIT: i dunno how market soc'ing and +12 will affect pricing ~ will wait and see

deim~v.5
11-30-2007, 21:06
hes right ^
i failed to multiply past +6, high end comp. is modified
super +9 atk ring -7 2sdg should be listed at 84 db :o

EDIT: i dunno how market soc'ing and +12 will affect pricing ~ will wait and see
Add the dbs they actually cost to make, they're rather steady since you can just purchase it and can only + above 9 with the npc for dbs, just take a bit off the real price and you'll be done.

Sweeney
12-31-2007, 06:08
Add the dbs they actually cost to make, they're rather steady since you can just purchase it and can only + above 9 with the npc for dbs, just take a bit off the real price and you'll be done.

Perfection :D

aphrodit3
02-03-2008, 00:49
me daughter bring one other thing up i think yall should read:
999,999,999 cps selling price = dun help u
if u put ur items up for show, u shouldnt b in market
if u just want offers on u items, put up on teh forums
it aint rly hard kae? here goes:
1 DB = 220 CP
220 CP x # DBs u want = sell price
u notice u ppl w/ teh 999,999,999 sell price never sell items? THATS Y :(

Fudges-Archer
03-01-2008, 20:19
Wasn't this stickied? :(

Much love in your time of need aphrodite :( <3.