PDA

View Full Version : Trial by fire..

VendettaEUP
11-01-2007, 19:13
Here's a proposition. Everyone whines about getting botjailed unlawfully or without reason, but it is a fact that there has to be video evidence to convict someone to send them to botjail. So why not have a trial of peers on each video? TQ wants to make the game more fun to everyone, but everyone is leaving because they believe that they are unlawfully botjailed. So heres my proposition:

1 - Judge [ Moderator ]

10 - Jury Members: Elected by polls on forums, anyone who wants to be a member of the jury posts to the messege saying that they are running. If there are 10 running canidates then there will be 1 post as the maximum ammount of choices in a poll is 10. If there is more then ten then there will be another poll added.

The video is posted in the forum, and the winners of the Jury polls will view the video. A annonymous decision by each Jury Member is mailed via private messege to the moderator as "Guilty" or "Not Guilty" who then transfers the decision to the GM's.

Appeal: The subject of the video will be given the opportunity to appeal if it is a split decision or a 6/4 decision to the GM's. The GMs will further review the movie and decide "Guilty" or "Not Guilty".

The verdict will be posted in Evelyinn's botjail post as well as the Jury post.

Side Notes: It wouldnt be so much more difficult to have them let us decide wheather or not the suspect has used proxy or not. The Jury poll's ensure that the best canidates for the Jury will be elected and not just the "friends" of the suspect thus giving it a lawful judgement. This could save alot of people from being sent to botjail, but then again it could just be all a scam to get players money via Dragonballs to pay themselves out..

Thoughts / Opinions ?

Kitsu
11-01-2007, 19:27
Interesting and good idea, belongs in Suggestions, knowing TQ will not be implimented. :(

Also doesn't help the people getting BJed for dropping items on the move, intentional or not.

VendettaEUP
11-01-2007, 19:30
Interesting and good idea, belongs in Suggestions, knowing TQ will not be implimented. :(

Also doesn't help the people getting BJed for dropping items on the move, intentional or not.

Supposedly you need video to convict. Therefore if they stuck to what they preach..Then those people should be let go freely if its for dropping items, ja?

I moderated for Aeria Online for about 7 months. All you need to do to see if someone is proxying is open up a single file. They know when people drop items and how, so they know exactly who is put into botjail for a dropped item.

Kitsu
11-01-2007, 20:02
In reality we know it's different. You get sent first, then they decide what to do with your char.:rolleyes: Agree with you though, IF they stuck to it... but what can we players do? Sue them?

VendettaEUP
11-01-2007, 20:10
In reality we know it's different. You get sent first, then they decide what to do with your char.:rolleyes: Agree with you though, IF they stuck to it... but what can we players do? Sue them?

You dont think its been done already my dear? :cool:

Kitsu
11-01-2007, 20:13
Hehe.. what happened?

VendettaEUP
11-01-2007, 20:18
Hehe.. what happened?

Along time ago someone was banned for botting ( Im pretty sure ) when it first came availible and they threatened to sue the company because the player had spent money on DBs to buy sockets in game.

Kitsu
11-01-2007, 20:34
Threatened, I've seen that post.. but I don't think the case went anywhere :/

VendettaEUP
11-01-2007, 20:39
Threatened, I've seen that post.. but I don't think the case went anywhere :/

TQ unbanned the person. Thats why.

Oh - And I was banned before. An unbanned. :cool:

Kitsu
11-01-2007, 21:58
^^" Won't work till they get in trouble... Tsk, but if they did listen to what us players have to offer, they could make CO into one of the most popular games...

~Damien~
11-02-2007, 01:38
Here's a proposition. Everyone whines about getting botjailed unlawfully or without reason, but it is a fact that there has to be video evidence to convict someone to send them to botjail. So why not have a trial of peers on each video? TQ wants to make the game more fun to everyone, but everyone is leaving because they believe that they are unlawfully botjailed. So heres my proposition:

1 - Judge [ Moderator ]

10 - Jury Members: Elected by polls on forums, anyone who wants to be a member of the jury posts to the messege saying that they are running. If there are 10 running canidates then there will be 1 post as the maximum ammount of choices in a poll is 10. If there is more then ten then there will be another poll added.

The video is posted in the forum, and the winners of the Jury polls will view the video. A annonymous decision by each Jury Member is mailed via private messege to the moderator as "Guilty" or "Not Guilty" who then transfers the decision to the GM's.

Appeal: The subject of the video will be given the opportunity to appeal if it is a split decision or a 6/4 decision to the GM's. The GMs will further review the movie and decide "Guilty" or "Not Guilty".

The verdict will be posted in Evelyinn's botjail post as well as the Jury post.

Side Notes: It wouldnt be so much more difficult to have them let us decide wheather or not the suspect has used proxy or not. The Jury poll's ensure that the best canidates for the Jury will be elected and not just the "friends" of the suspect thus giving it a lawful judgement. This could save alot of people from being sent to botjail, but then again it could just be all a scam to get players money via Dragonballs to pay themselves out..

Thoughts / Opinions ?

You have way too much time on your hands.

Starshine
11-02-2007, 05:57
James, it's not a practical solution in this case. That would create way too much overhead to pay people to look at each jailing case. This is a game we're talking about, and the creators of the game have the right to do what they want (within reason).

This suggestion isn't suitable to the direction the company is going towards (which, in my opinion is down because of their poor service). They dont need another level of jurisdiction here because their way of detecting cheaters is 98% proof in their eyes.

I dont know what TQ plans on implementing in the future to deter cheating... maybe it's nothing, maybe it's what you suggested with the log system... but until then, we'll just have to wait. This suggestion is one of the millions that are among the suggested, but never come to fruition. :(

VendettaEUP
11-02-2007, 06:23
James, it's not a practical solution in this case. That would create way too much overhead to pay people to look at each jailing case. This is a game we're talking about, and the creators of the game have the right to do what they want (within reason).

This suggestion isn't suitable to the direction the company is going towards (which, in my opinion is down because of their poor service). They dont need another level of jurisdiction here because their way of detecting cheaters is 98% proof in their eyes.

I dont know what TQ plans on implementing in the future to deter cheating... maybe it's nothing, maybe it's what you suggested with the log system... but until then, we'll just have to wait. This suggestion is one of the millions that are among the suggested, but never come to fruition. :(

Where did I say anything about paying people to do it?

VendettaEUP
11-02-2007, 06:24
You have way too much time on your hands.

If you have nothing helpful to say, then stay off my thread. Simple as that.

Oh, and atleast its not spent in-game but rather thinking outside of a virtual world. Sorry that you arent enabled to think outside the box.

~Damien~
11-02-2007, 06:33
If you have nothing helpful to say, then stay off my thread. Simple as that.

Actually what I said is quite helpful, you have too much time on your hands if your spending it trying to set up something lame like that it'll never work. By telling you this you may realize you could do something more constructive with your time, simple as that.

VendettaEUP
11-02-2007, 06:37
How is it not feasible. They do the same thing in real-life. Your just a slow individual who cannot comprehend that.

Starshine
11-02-2007, 06:43
Where did I say anything about paying people to do it?

You didnt, the point is TQ would never appoint players to do this job as it would be a conflict in interest. The only way you'd see jury members would be 10 TQ employees.

VendettaEUP
11-02-2007, 08:00
You didnt, the point is TQ would never appoint players to do this job as it would be a conflict in interest. The only way you'd see jury members would be 10 TQ employees.

But if they're not willing to do an honest job and we are, then where is the fault ? In the people who get botjailed for no reason or the Gamemasters who are one sided ?

Starshine
11-02-2007, 08:22
But if they're not willing to do an honest job and we are, then where is the fault ? In the people who get botjailed for no reason or the Gamemasters who are one sided ?

Players who are elected to a jury would be more likely to help out friends... that's why TQ would not do this. I agree, unless the evidence is presented, botjailing shouldnt happen. But I dont run this company.. and my vote counts for 0. James, if you are serious with your request, put it up in the suggestions area and get a better feel from the others in the entire playing community.

VendettaEUP
11-02-2007, 08:31
Players who are elected to a jury would be more likely to help out friends... that's why TQ would not do this. I agree, unless the evidence is presented, botjailing shouldnt happen. But I dont run this company.. and my vote counts for 0. James, if you are serious with your request, put it up in the suggestions area and get a better feel from the others in the entire playing community.

You jus' love me too much to say I am full of crap. x)

<3

Side note: Posted.

Starshine
11-02-2007, 08:38
You jus' love me too much to say I am full of crap. x)

<3

Side note: Posted.

It's not my place to say. =P

Kitsu
11-02-2007, 21:48
^_^ We got a nice Mod... the thread in suggestions got locked and blammed by another not so forgiving mod straight away. :/

<3 for Starshine \^_^/

VendettaEUP
11-03-2007, 13:36
^_^ We got a nice Mod... the thread in suggestions got locked and blammed by another not so forgiving mod straight away. :/

<3 for Starshine \^_^/

I already told her that, but it's ok to reiterate.

Hrhr.